V$ Roth's Builds

Roth
Associate

Hi, I am Roth, just an Average Dude from the Land of Free and Home of the Brave.

I think every gear head needs a cool daily and a even more awesome project!

Covering the Daily Part is my 1995 Volvo 850 Wagon! These swedish tanks came with the Famous T5 engine. Mine is a 2.3 T5 Turbo. Pretty good engine as it is but it doesnt have Bald Eagles flying out of the exhaust. I guess a V8 can fix that - *its a daily however* - V8 goodness is gonna have to come once i have another Daily.

It is lowered but around maybe an Inch? Hardly lowered I know. I cant remember the brand or general name of the rims since they came on the car when i bought it two weeks ago. Enough time to get aquainted with the Car and learn the quirks and such. It does need brakes badly. Squeals and can hardly stop. Add those to the list haha.

Stock Exhaust etc throughout, apart from the wheels and coilovers, the car is very much stock. Which is amazing. The interior is amazing for its age and still super comfortable.

The car was a good price too - $3000. Bare in mind, the bodywork isnt immaculate but its rough and ready - exactly what a daily should be.

Project Car Reveal soon!

Finances:

$20,000 - start cash
-$3000 - Volvo 850
-$100 - Gas over last two weeks
-$200 for brakes (quality parts etc)
= $16,700

Remaining Finances - $16,700
Take me down to Jank Ass City
Lagano
Gangster

These old Volvos are amazing, and a T5 is the best one on top of that! No V8 is needed for it, the T5 is super reliable and makes all the right noise. ;) I wonder about that project though!
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

I felt people have owned Volvo more commons but your Volvo look lovely!
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
OleAasgaard
Associate

Love to see more Volvo's here :D And the 850 is a really good car! and since it's a T5, it's pretty fast to :D
I'd say keep the t5 engine, but that's just me and my taste :lol:

Excited to see your project :D
Petrolhead - Backcountry Sledder - Heavy Equipment Operator
Roleplay
Sieklo
Gangster

Hehe, so much Volvo's around here :lol: 850 looks sweet. If I were you I will stay with T5 engine cuz it sounds sweet and you can make lots of power.
Roth
Associate

- The Start -
Since I mentioned a Project Car alongside my Daily 850, I thought I need to show it, so you all can get an idea of the mess I am gonna be in LOL.

This is a 1970 Plymouth Duster, Chryslers A Body Platform, the cheap and cheerful supercar as they would have said back then.
Engine choice was pretty decent. Mine clearly doesnt have one BUT that doesnt mean it wont have one soon enough.
My choices are Mopar ONLY. I dont wanna hear LS Swap or what other nonsense.
Im moving towards the side of a LA 360. Not much bigger than what the car would have come with - that being a 340 - or I could slam in a 383 Big Block from the likes of a Road Runner or Super Bee.

The Body looks like it was sat at the bottom of a River but is surprisingly intact. Its 100% Surface Rust and such but no major holes and cracks. THIS IS SAVEABLE.
I am currently searching for Parts to make this a pretty capable beast. For a while its going to be rough around the edges, like the paint wont be the first thing i attend to. Getting this pile running and driving is the main focus.

I paid $2000 for the Rolling Shell with two seats, pedals and a steering wheel. Thats good for a MINT shell and decent enough running gear.

Come Back for more updates!

Finances:
$16,700 - Remaining before Duster Purchase
- $2000 - 1970 Plymouth Duster
= $14,700 Remaning Funds
Sieklo
Gangster

Woow, you are brave, such a project, can’t wait for more hehe
You want to build super classic engine with carburetor or something like a Edelbrock pro-flo efi kit on it?
Roth
Associate

Sieklo wrote:
22 May 2020 00:50
Woow, you are brave, such a project, can’t wait for more hehe
You want to build super classic engine with carburetor or something like a Edelbrock pro-flo efi kit on it?
I'm gonna try and attempt to keep it period correct, so 100% Carb.
EFI is good for reliability and such. Probably makes more power even.
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

LS swap it!
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
OleAasgaard
Associate

Those are so cool! :D Love old mopar's!
383 Big Block would be nice :P A mopar should never be LS swapped, that's just being mean :lol: Can't wait for see some work done in this one :D I already figured out in my head how i would have built one :lol:
Petrolhead - Backcountry Sledder - Heavy Equipment Operator
Roleplay
Lagano
Gangster

Oh you got that project going on already! Dusters are more on the less known side of muscle cars so it's good to see you chose one for a restoration. Although i like crazy engine swaps sometimes i support that you're keeping it period correct! By the way one of those has been on my potential project car list because i found this, not sure if they're selling for parts but it's worth buying for its price!
Roth
Associate

OleAasgaard wrote:
22 May 2020 10:33
Those are so cool! :D Love old mopar's!
383 Big Block would be nice :P A mopar should never be LS swapped, that's just being mean :lol: Can't wait for see some work done in this one :D I already figured out in my head how i would have built one
Old Mopars are awesome! Glad you agree with me about the 383 and LS haha
Lagano wrote:
22 May 2020 12:25
Oh you got that project going on already! Dusters are more on the less known side of muscle cars so it's good to see you chose one for a restoration. Although i like crazy engine swaps sometimes i support that you're keeping it period correct! By the way one of those has been on my potential project car list because i found this, not sure if they're selling for parts but it's worth buying for its price!
The Duster isnt as appreciated as the larger B Body cars such as the Charger and Challenger etc. You should 100% buy that Duster, the price is just right for what youre getting! Pull the trigger
Lagano
Gangster

Yeah but i'd probably need only one of them, so you could grab one for most of the body parts :P Taillights seem to be different but everything else should fit on yours!
Roth
Associate

Lagano wrote:
23 May 2020 12:54
Yeah but i'd probably need only one of them, so you could grab one for most of the body parts :P Taillights seem to be different but everything else should fit on yours!
I'm down to go halves on them if you want to man! I could use some spares and such
Smurf
Associate

My Volvo has served me well for the last half decade(well until recently). Glad to see others loving the 850 platform.

Keeping a Mopar in a Mopar is definitely a good idea. Mopar guys have a superiority complex so an LS swap Duster would upset them quite a bit. Although i would recommend a 383 or 440 if you want big power (for even bigger money).
Roth
Associate

Smurf wrote:
24 May 2020 17:31
My Volvo has served me well for the last half decade(well until recently). Glad to see others loving the 850 platform.

Keeping a Mopar in a Mopar is definitely a good idea. Mopar guys have a superiority complex so an LS swap Duster would upset them quite a bit. Although i would recommend a 383 or 440 if you want big power (for even bigger money).
From what I know about the 850 Chassis, is that its super robust.
I 100% want a 383 or 440 but depends on what power level I really want.
Thanks for the kind words!