V$ OleAasgaard's RolePlay

OleAasgaard
Associate

Niatross wrote:
08 May 2020 13:23
your friends' Volvos look to be in excellent shape! Especially that 855-TR
Lovely stuff indeed
And also good to see your own Volvo build is progressing nicely :D
The 242 is totaly renovated, spotless. 850 and 760 still got original paintjob, well taken care of :D
Nice to finaly work on my own volvo again too :lol:
BigSmoke wrote:
08 May 2020 16:52
Wow there are a lot of clean Volvos out there, I love every single of them! :D Particularly my eyes are set on the 850 and 242 Turbo, looks mild and clean. Perfect eye candies indeed ;)
More than you know, perfect cars in my eyes :D
The 850 is a mean thing, pushing some real power from that 5-Cyl!!
Petrolhead - Backcountry Sledder - Heavy Equipment Operator
Roleplay
OleAasgaard
Associate

OleAasgaard wrote:
08 May 2020 12:31
UPDATE

Not much, but just a small update on the Volvo :)

Yesterday after work i got the engine and transmission mounted in the 940, had a friend over helping me. The engine bay of these car is enormous so putting the block w/ cylinder head and trans in is pretty easy and straight forward :D
while mounting the engine, i got at text from the post office! Christmas came early this year :D So we made sure the engine were properly in place and tightened the engine/transmission mounts, and then we took off in his car to get my parts..

mot much work left before i can start it up, hoping to get the rest of the parts mounted this weekend :D

He drives a bone stock Volvo 242GL, really nice car actually! (same guy who got the 940drifter)
After picking up my parts at the post office, we went to meet up with some other friends :)

Volvo 242 Turbo, Volvo 855 T-5R and a Volvo 760 Turbo, the Volvo community here is pretty big so a lot of my friends also drives Volvo's.
This Volvo 760 Turbo is just so awesome! B230ET engine (182hp stock) with M47 5-speed manual, Coilovers in the front and a multi link rear end 8-)
And the 242GL we went in, won't be stock for long i guess :lol:
Bunping this one since we reached a new side :D
Roleplay
spgtwstd
Gangster

Nice little update you got there. Can't wait to see your volvo up and running, and I also love that community you got down there as well! :D
Visit My Life. My RP
My Cars
► Show Spoiler
I'm back.....
mastro
Associate

Damn i should join your Volvo meetups :P
Nice to see some progress on the 940. Yhe there is a lot of space in the engine bay on these cars, perfect for swaps :D
OleAasgaard
Associate

spgtwstd wrote:
09 May 2020 21:22
Nice little update you got there. Can't wait to see your volvo up and running, and I also love that community you got down there as well! :D
Will do a new post on the volvo soon :D Almost "done" and ready to test drive!
Hoping to do a meet up with the rest of the guys soon, i really hate this social distansing thing going on.. a lot more than just volvo`s around, but i would say atleast 50% of my friends drive own`s a volvo :lol:
mastro wrote:
10 May 2020 19:01
Damn i should join your Volvo meetups :P
Nice to see some progress on the 940. Yhe there is a lot of space in the engine bay on these cars, perfect for swaps :D
Should def. meet up some time, where in Sweden do you live? Far from Östersund or Åre? Thats just right across the border from where i live :P

Can easily fit a V8 in there 8-) Was done alot before here in Norway, not a big fan of it.. but hey, we all like different things :D
Roleplay
OleAasgaard
Associate

UPDATE

Finally!.. I have been waiting for this, you have been waiting for this! Everyone have been waiting for this :P The Volvo is up and running!... and man its good :D
The new engine is perfect, just love the looks of it, the sound it makes and how well it runs <3 :lol: Not a racer, but it isn't slow either :P

So as i have told you earlier, its a 2.3l 16v engine, stock engine got around 160hp if i don't remember wrong..
Before putting the engine in, i changed out the waterpump, headgasket, oil filter and timing belt w/pulleys (something i always do when i buy new cars or engines). Easy and cheap to do on these engines :D

Test run down the street, doesn't it look good? :lol:

No engine pic's just yet, i have to do some more talking first :P

The reason it took some time to get it running, is because i had to fabricate an intake myself ( could have bought one, but don't really like the looks of them).. had my friend do some welding again (same guy who welded the exhaust for the S14)
Also had to do a lot of adjustments to get it to run properly!

The reason for all this work, is because i rebuilt the engine from fuel injection to carburetor 8-) Two of them actually!.. It now got two Weber 45 DCOE 152 Carbs :D
That's something you don't see very often, a B234F Double Weber :P It also got an new 4-2-1 2,5" Rally exhaust manifold! still running stock exhaust, but will change it out for a 2,5" straight pipe soon.

SOO.. I guess it is time for some pic's?

The self fabricated intake all done and mounted

Carbs in, ready for some action

Rally exhaust manifold in (Don't mind the changed garage, somehow it wont show in any other place than i the garage?)

From the test drive after adjusting the carbs, running unleaded 98 Octane!

I also bought the Coilovers from my buddy's 940 Drifter! mounted and tested! no problems or damage, set at the highest possible height for the test drive! Will be lowering it when i figure out what wheels i will be running :D

That's it for now, hope you guys like what i have done to the car :D

Stay safe

Finances:
Old Total: 3030V$
Weekly Paycheck: +565V$
Weber's w/some mounting details: -600V$
Exhaust manifold: -175V$
Payment for welding: 2x 6pack beer.. -20V$
Service parts for the engine: -150V$
---------------------------------------------------------------------
New total: 2650V$
BigSmoke
Hitman

Finally, the Volvo lives! :D Looks great as usual and eager to hit the road. Looking forward to see it drive again! :D
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
Wickedz!
Associate

webers on a volvo? i goin to rumble so good! ,a port on the head , and some nice agresive cams and u fliying! nice setup i really like , keep up the good work!
HOT BOI 4 LIFE

OleAasgaard
Associate

BigSmoke wrote:
16 May 2020 18:02
Finally, the Volvo lives! :D Looks great as usual and eager to hit the road. Looking forward to see it drive again! :D
Will be a great daily driver, can`t wait for the new exhaust to arrive :D
Wickedz! wrote:
17 May 2020 04:17
webers on a volvo? i goin to rumble so good! ,a port on the head , and some nice agresive cams and u fliying! nice setup i really like , keep up the good work!
Webers are often used on Volvo`s in rally/rx, but they usually use the 8v engines instead of 16v.. porting both exhaust and intake ports and new cam`s will be the next engine upgrade i guess, should make som great power by doing that :D
Roleplay
OleAasgaard
Associate

Just a small update

Been getting a lot of text's from friends and people around interested in buying the s14..

So i have been thinking, and decided to list it in here before selling it to someone outside the forum.. if anyone is interested DM me, will put up a listing tomorrow i guess with more info on the car and some fresh photos .. :)

Finances:
Old Total: 2650V$
Weekly Paycheck: +565V$
-----------------------------------------
New Total: 3215V$
Roleplay
marcus915
Associate

that 940 is so cool! we never got them here in japan so i've never seen one. looks promising.
hollywood's bleeding
c o o l d o w n
Roth
Associate

OMFG I LOVE YOUR VOLVOS MAN! Super clean I must say.
Take me down to Jank Ass City
OleAasgaard
Associate

marcus915 wrote:
20 May 2020 17:57
that 940 is so cool! we never got them here in japan so i've never seen one. looks promising.
What? no 940's is Japan? :o What were they thinking back then? :shock: :lol:
Roth wrote:
22 May 2020 00:24
OMFG I LOVE YOUR VOLVOS MAN! Super clean I must say.
Thank you :D

S14 up for sale
OleAasgaard wrote:
22 May 2020 09:58
1997 Nissan 200SX S14a

Car : Nissan 200sx s14a
Year : 1997
Engine : SR20DET
Mileage : 170k km / 105k miles
Colour (exterior and interior) : Dark Grey, black interior
Modifications/Hot selling points/Information: Freshly serviced engine, Garret GT2871r Turbo, highmount exhaust manifiold, 3" downpipe and exhaust, new 3"intercooler w/piping, Volk TE37 mkII w/Chrome lip, Bride Zeta III, Nardi deep black, Origin Roof wing, H&R Coilovers.
Price : Got 16500V$ put into the car, but will take 15000V$
Photos :
(Valve cover and trumpet can be painted in any color before sale without extra cost)
(same for wheels and calipers, any color without extra cost)
Roleplay
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

I could afford to buy S14, I love it mate but I still have project on doing... :lol:
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
OleAasgaard
Associate

SimplifyHerb wrote:
22 May 2020 10:25
I could afford to buy S14, I love it mate but I still have project on doing... :lol:
One more project doesn't hurt :lol:
Roleplay
Sieklo
Gangster

Sad to see you are selling S14, but wow, what a progress with Volvo, Carbs and new exhaust manifold must produce awesome sound :lol:
OleAasgaard
Associate

Sieklo wrote:
22 May 2020 17:09
Sad to see you are selling S14, but wow, what a progress with Volvo, Carbs and new exhaust manifold must produce awesome sound :lol:
Selling the s14 means more money for other projects :lol:
Got a few thing in mind if it will sell :P
The sound from the 16v weber is just crazy mean, sounds like an oldschool rallycar :D
Roleplay
OleAasgaard
Associate

Update

Since my last update on the 940, i have received the exhaust! Once again my friend did some welding, and we got the exhaust mounted to the car. It's a complete 2,5" straight exhaust, no mufflers.. no Catalytic converter.. Just a straight pipe all the way from the 4-2-1 2,5" rally manifold :lol: It's loud as fuck, an the sound it makes is just amazing :D sound just like the old school rallycars! And with the dual webers, it actually pulls pretty good :D

Been using this car as a daily for a few days now, and i really like how this car has turned out (Not done with it yet)

Throwing in some pic's i took on my way home from work yesterday

At home, about to get the hood mounted before a Cars&Coffee meeting! Actually a bit jealous of my girlfriend's Mercedes 190E :lol:

At the C&C meeting! ( OORP.. Most of the cars except the BMW's is actually based on real cars from my area :) )
(OORP.. This 850 is based on one of my old cars)

And the S14 is still up for sale, will give it another week here before i let the other guys asking for it a chance to give me an offer..

Finances:
Old Total 2650
Weekly payment x2: + 1130V$
Exhaust parts: -225V$
Payment for welding: Beers as usual :lol: -20V$
Coilovers (Forgot them in the last post): -250V$
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Total: 3285V$
Roleplay
BigSmoke
Hitman

Your 940 looks clean and handsome as usual, but admittably, your gf's Merc looks better indeed :lol: And wew you're living in such an awesome community, they all got such fine taste :D

As for the S14, it's a bit sad to see it going away soon, but after all these days you enjoyed the 940 even more. Sadly I don't have the cash to grab them (blame my projects :lol: ), though I do hope someone here could purchase them ;)
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
OleAasgaard
Associate

BigSmoke wrote:
26 May 2020 04:56
Your 940 looks clean and handsome as usual, but admittably, your gf's Merc looks better indeed :lol: And wew you're living in such an awesome community, they all got such fine taste :D

As for the S14, it's a bit sad to see it going away soon, but after all these days you enjoyed the 940 even more. Sadly I don't have the cash to grab them (blame my projects :lol: ), though I do hope someone here could purchase them ;)
Thanks :D Do like the looks of the 940 myself to, but that merc is an eyecatcher :P

These is just a few of the car-guy around here, alot of awesome cars :D

Hope to see someone here buying the s14 too! would have been fun seeing it around, but we'll see :)
Roleplay
mastro
Associate

Carbs n str8pipe 8-) How is it to daily it?
190 and BBS looks so classy :lol:
Lagano
Gangster

Yo those carbs and a straight pipe just screams rally car! I definitely believe it sounds great, and the power's not too shabby either! Not sure how good it is to daily that though :P
Gotta love a meet with all the good old Volvos and stuff like that, awesome squad you got there! :D
OleAasgaard
Associate

mastro wrote:
26 May 2020 09:44
Carbs n str8pipe 8-) How is it to daily it?
190 and BBS looks so classy :lol:
Lots of fun dailying.. yet :lol: Not to bad right now, but i'm planning to do some porting to the cylinderhead and changing the camshaft in a while, so guess it won't be the first choise for a daily then :lol:
Lagano wrote:
26 May 2020 10:25
Yo those carbs and a straight pipe just screams rally car! I definitely believe it sounds great, and the power's not too shabby either! Not sure how good it is to daily that though :P
Gotta love a meet with all the good old Volvos and stuff like that, awesome squad you got there! :D
As i said above, its not to bad of a daily just now.. but when i get the cylinderhead ported and change the camshaft it won't be a comfy daily anymore :lol:
Meetings with the squad is the best, can't wait for this Corona-shitz is over and we can do some real meetings again :D
Roleplay