SLStudio

adnan54
Associate

27 Mar 2020 02:14

I'm proud to announce my most ambitious project: SLStudio

SLStudio is a modding tool for SLRR (and maybe other games too in the future) and it is meant to be like an IDE for mods.
It is inspired by Microsoft Visual Studio and others similar IDEs.

I should make a better organized and fancy post and etc, but I don't think it is necessary right now. So let's go straight to the point:

Here is some screenshots:
only one for now xD

Here is the GitHub repository:
https://github.com/adnan-54/SLStudio

Some tecnical infos:
C# and .Net Framework 4.8
WPF with MahApps.Metro for base styling
MVVM pattern using Caliburn.Micro and DevExpress.MVVM

The development is in a really early stage so I dont have much to say or show. I'm spending a lot of time in the base enginering so people can expand it to other games easily in the future.

I made this topic so i can gather some ideas, suggestions, questions, thougts and etc, feel free to say whatever you want to.
Something wrong is not right.

Lagano
Gangster

27 Mar 2020 12:37

Oh you finally made it! Well it's still in development but still it should be very helpful for anyone that wants to make mods, nice work! :D

EliasFD3S
Associate

27 Mar 2020 13:52

Nice ! You restarted from zero ? We've seen a lot of pics on VS FB group

DirtMuppet
Associate

27 Mar 2020 13:58

Good Start @adnan54 , looks nice!
If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.

adnan54
Associate

30 Mar 2020 12:20

Lagano wrote:
27 Mar 2020 12:37
Oh you finally made it! Well it's still in development but still it should be very helpful for anyone that wants to make mods, nice work! :D
Thank you :D
EliasFD3S wrote:
27 Mar 2020 13:52
Nice ! You restarted from zero ? We've seen a lot of pics on VS FB group
Yep, i've restarted it from zero many times. The early stage of developing a software (at least for me) is like: code something, realize that it could be done in a better way, try to improve, realize that it is better to remake everything from zero again, repeat this process until you feels that your code is good enough xD
DirtMuppet wrote:
27 Mar 2020 13:58
Good Start @adnan54 , looks nice!
Thank you sir :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've made a log system, which writes all errors/problems/bugs/anything you want from the application to a local database file
Here you can see everything that has been logged and some more options like export to a html file, delete everything, etc

If you double click a row, a screen will popup showing the infos about the correspondent log in a more convenient way

As mentioned above, you can export everything to a html file, and this is how it looks like

I know this isnt very exciting because it doest have anything related to slrr itself, but it is necessary and I think it is worth posting here

Whats the purpose of this?
Well, imagine that you are using the application and then it suddenly crashes, if you send me the log file I'll be able to find out what went wrong and fix it in the next update
Thats the purpose of a logger; it tells you what is wrong so you can fix it, like the error.log from slrr

Another thing that i'd like to point out is about the language: in the screenshots the application is in my local language (brazilian portuguese), but it is already multi language, so you can switch it to english easily
Also, i can only ensure these 2 languages (portuguese and english), but adding new languages is really easy, so it will not be a problem if someone else wants to add a new languague :)

Amilmand
Associate

31 Mar 2020 00:12

Hey Adnan looks cool, good to see stuff still happening with the slrr scene,
You might be interested in integarting this https://gitlab.com/slrr/slrr-lib.git into this tool, could bootsrap linking to slrr, no need to decode fileformats and the like, take a look if you get the chance.

adnan54
Associate

31 Mar 2020 00:33

Amilmand wrote:
You might be interested in integarting this https://gitlab.com/slrr/slrr-lib.git into this tool, could bootsrap linking to slrr, no need to decode fileformats and the like, take a look if you get the chance.
Thank you so much, this definitely will help a lot. Im going to use a lot of stuff from you (I'm already using actually, you can see in the very first image that I'm using a rsd2 file :P )

EliasFD3S
Associate

02 Apr 2020 11:10

Amilmand wrote:
Wow amazing :o !

• Information