Smurfie's Shitboxes

Smurf
Associate

06 Nov 2019 06:06

Old Thread:
http://archive.vstanced.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1861

SpeedHunters Article:
http://archive.vstanced.com/forums.php? ... &id=107074

I'm sure most of y'all don't know me, but i've been around these pages for years now. My name is Smurfie, and i come Portland (although i now live in the farmlands just north in Washington).

I sold off my Mustang (insurance and gas was too much for a daily). So now i'm back to my old daily. This here Volvo 850.
I got new wheels with some of the Mustang money btw.

The real selling point of the car is the 4g63 the previous owner dropped in.
[imghttp://upload.vstanced.com/images/2018/11/05/36cb9cffa3adcff388398794c0bfac65.png][/img]
Fun fact, i use to get an shot of the engine every time i took pictures of the car.

The biggest leech to my wallet is this here S13, i bought it off a friend after coming home from school a little over a year ago.
I just finished putting all the interior together with Bride seats and inserts.

I'm starting to get the itch for a new car since selling the Mustang. Haven't tottally decided what i want though.
Last edited by Smurf on 25 Mar 2020 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

BigSmoke
Gangster

06 Nov 2019 12:22

Heeeey welcome back, it's been a veeeeery long time since the last time I saw you :D

Welp sad that the Mustang is gone.....but at least the possibility to have a crowd control accident decreases to zero :lol:

And HEY THE EVOLVO'S STILL HERE! I'm glad you still have it, I really love to see it roll around. And ah Ii see you're widening it, can't wait to see the final result :D

And um......that 240 is the black one back then innit? If it is, that's quite a drastic and tasty change of heart :D

As for the new car.......I don't really know how much you've got at the moment but I assume still a lot, so why not grab something a bit.....blingy or sporty? ;)
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!

Lagano
Gangster

06 Nov 2019 16:11

Well look who's back! And i'm glad you're still rocking that Evolvo. ;) I'm not really feeling those wheels you got for it but they add even more uniqueness. 240 is very nice too, so simple with the Type X bodykit but just ballin' with those Blitz wheels! :D

NotPerfect
Gangster

06 Nov 2019 16:36

OwO ayyyy wb, damn your cars look fire. I c you have the same fetish for "well maintained" cars uwu can't wait to see more!!!

Roleplay cars :

BMW E36 316i - Seat time drift car
Nissan PS13 Onevia - D1GP spec drift car

Smurf
Associate

06 Nov 2019 22:34

@BigSmoke I tend to go ghost every once and awhile. The 240 has been white for a while, in fact my last post on my old thread i showed off the new paint. Also "Blingy" and "Sporty" isn't really my thing. What ever i get, it'll most be some old economy car people have forgotten about and i'll definitely slam it.

@Lagano I've seen some E36's rock Breytons but never any Volvo, i kinda have a thing for doing something no one else has before.

@NotPerfect I try to keep my cars as clean as possible.

BigSmoke
Gangster

07 Nov 2019 04:05

Smurf wrote:
06 Nov 2019 22:34
I tend to go ghost every once and awhile. The 240 has been white for a while, in fact my last post on my old thread i showed off the new paint. Also "Blingy" and "Sporty" isn't really my thing. What ever i get, it'll most be some old economy car people have forgotten about and i'll definitely slam it.
Ah, I guess I didn't pay too much attention back then. Also it's okay though, it's your money after all, and there are a lot of cars that fullfill that criteria. Looking forward to see your next purchase! :D

Visit my RP HERE!

Japonic
Associate

12 Nov 2019 12:57

I love s13, and yours looks great.

Smurf
Associate

22 Jan 2020 08:17

So i know i said i was planning on buying a new car, well i decided that wouldn't be the best of ideas since i already have two projects.... so i bought two more instead.
New Daily
She's a 2003 gs300 with a bone stock 2jz-ge. The story goes that this kid got it as a going-to-college gift from his grandparents, and for some reason he decided to slam it on cheap ass Ebay coilovers and Klutch's. First thing i'm doing is raising it(never done that before) on some decent coils and new wheels.
New Project
Unfortunately it's not a SiR, but it is a Japanese import. The EJ2 i had in Utah made me really want another EG to k swap. So when this popped up locally i had to swoop on it. Fuckers mint too, relatively stock with just some tails, Mugen lip, Tein coils and some OZ wheels.
I got pretty tired of dailing the Evolvo, so i'm hella happy to finally have another daily... even if i scrape on every speedbump and parking lot exit.

BigSmoke
Gangster

22 Jan 2020 08:58

That's quite a wise way to spend your money, and welcome back! :D Yeah you can't really trust eBay stuff (well, says the guy who has eBay-sourced turbo kit on his drift missile......) so these coilovers gotta go away for a proper ones. As for the rims, they're rather decent visually, but there's always a room for improvement. A set of hotboi or luxury rims should do very well.

And I agree for the EG, it's been modded quite tastefully! :D That should do very well if you're going for one or two trackdays, even with the current engine. But of course I strongly encourage K-swap for that extra power, be it an NA, turbo or supercharger build :D

Visit my RP HERE!

Niatross
Gangster

22 Jan 2020 10:48

Ayeee its nice to see an EG around the forums again! And damn, it surely does look mint
Stoked to see how the K-swap turns out :D

Smurf
Associate

22 Jan 2020 20:20

BigSmoke wrote:
22 Jan 2020 08:58
As for the rims, they're rather decent visually, but there's always a room for improvement. A set of hotboi or luxury rims should do very well.
Not entirely sure what wheels I'll be doing but I'm definitely not a fan of the black and bronze on the Klutchs.
Niatross wrote:
22 Jan 2020 10:48
Ayeee its nice to see an EG around the forums again! And damn, it surely does look mint
Stoked to see how the K-swap turns out :D
Back when I bought my coupe I was surprised by the amount of people who had civics. I still haven't fully K swapped a civic yet so I am really motivated to get it done.

marcus915
Associate

22 Jan 2020 22:42

Holy crap the Volvo is still around?! I love that car.
hollywood's bleeding
c o o l d o w n

Smurf
Associate

24 Jan 2020 03:42

marcus915 wrote:
22 Jan 2020 22:42
Holy crap the Volvo is still around?! I love that car.
Lol that car been around these boards for nearly 5 years, and still hasn't changed much.

Smurf
Associate

28 Jan 2020 05:45

So i know it hasn't been very long since my last post, but frame banging in and out of every parking lot was starting to hurt my soul.
So i found a set of H&R Street Performance coilovers on Offerup. A friend of mine had a set of BMW Style 132's with adaptive spacers so i offered the Klutch's and went for a straight trade. I also picked up some emblems from work and peeled the stickers off the windows. She doesn't look the prettiest or anything but i do love having a simple daily.
Also before i forget, do you think it'll fit?
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

28 Jan 2020 12:41

Nice selection of wheels, looks much cleaner and better indeed! :D As for the subs, I guess they'll fit, though it might require some effort to fit it in the trunk. Nothing is better to enhance your daily commute by, as James May said, 'a bangin' stereo for me tunes' :lol:

Lagano
Gangster

28 Jan 2020 17:13

Nice GS300 man, BMW wheels give it that VIP look! And like Smoke said, daily driving can get way more fun with blasting some bass with those subs :D

dariws
Associate

28 Jan 2020 19:11

Like BigSmoke said,it looks much more cleaner with those wheels,no stickers,and of course a decent set of coilovers.
Now come on,bring the K ! :roll:
BMW E39 530i ● M54B30 231HP ● 2003
BMW E36 328i ● M52B28 193BHP ● 1997

Smurf
Associate

29 Jan 2020 03:21

BigSmoke wrote:
28 Jan 2020 12:41
Nice selection of wheels, looks much cleaner and better indeed! :D As for the subs, I guess they'll fit, though it might require some effort to fit it in the trunk. Nothing is better to enhance your daily commute by, as James May said, 'a bangin' stereo for me tunes' :lol:
Lol I haven't seen that episode in years. I love putting wheels from different manufacturers on cars, and I think BMW is the king of OEM wheels, so it definitely made sense to me.
Lagano wrote:
28 Jan 2020 17:13
Nice GS300 man, BMW wheels give it that VIP look! And like Smoke said, daily driving can get way more fun with blasting some bass with those subs :D
Thanks dude. I have put subs in cars before, but it two 12s, definitely slaps.
dariws wrote:
28 Jan 2020 19:11
Now come on,bring the K ! :roll:
I'm going to Sandy tomorrow to look at one.

alex876
Associate

06 Feb 2020 16:17

sweet wheels on the gs300!
ROLEPLAY

Smurf
Associate

10 Feb 2020 04:25

Sad days ahead frens. I was driving the Evolvo down in Portland the other day, when me and some friends headed to a bar. Well i got too drunk and left the car in the parking lot overnight and when we came back the next morning it was gone. I thought it might of been impounded but there was broken glass where i parked it, and after calling the city they confirmed it wasn't impounded. Car thefts have been on the rise in the city recently i can't say i'm all to surprised. So unfortunately this might the end of the era of the Evolvo. Hopefully it's recovered without too much damage (the Breytons are gone forsure).

But we can't stay sad forever (despite what teenage me might've thought). Anyways a couple of days ago i got new tires for the GS300 and decided to set the coils to max low, because i'm a fucking idiot and style is apparently more important to me than drive-ability.
Oh that E36 compact is the homie Bums newly finished SR powered daily. Me and him were going fishing so i could take my mind off the Evolvo.

And in even dumber news i decided since the Evolvo may be gone forever i'd have to fill that hole in my heart.
I've wanted a Supra since i was a kid playing NFS MW and now i finally have my own. It started out as a USDM spec NA auto but someone decided to turn it into a JDM RZ clone, so now it's RHD manual and most importantly twin turbo, and only half the cost of a real one. I'm not sure what i'll do with it yet but i know it'll be rad.

Smurf
Associate

10 Feb 2020 04:26

alex876 wrote:
06 Feb 2020 16:17
sweet wheels on the gs300!
almost forgot to say thanks dude.

BigSmoke
Gangster

10 Feb 2020 08:22

Oh god, I'm terribly sorry to hear what happened to Evolvo. It's just unpleasant to see your car went away in a fashion nobody wanted at all. All we can do though is only to wish it came back in one piece,or at least in rolling condition.

But eh, the Supra is definitely a fitting choice to work on while waiting for the news on the Evolvo. Having it RHD might hold you back from driving it on public roads properly, but still, extra JDM points over there (even if it's not a JP import). It's also already turboed as well, so there's some of your upgrade shopping list sorted :D

Visit my RP HERE!

NotPerfect
Gangster

10 Feb 2020 13:19

Nooooooo not the evolvo :( :( :( It was such a nice car damn i'm gonna miss it so much now. The gs300 though looks nice lowered now and you've got a supra as a replacement i would say that's a win :D

Roleplay cars :

FranklinAnderson
Gangster

10 Feb 2020 14:16

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, EVOLVO :(
i still remember when that car came in Speedhunters, it's one of the most iconic VS RP cars.
Hopefully you can recover it in one piece or with like not too much parts taken out
(if u recover it, put a killswitch in all of your cars)

About the new purchase, great choice! USDM SZ with RZ conversion always is a great option! I won't say that i'm wondering what u will do with it because i have an idea lol.
Hopefully all goes great for you, and hopefully you can recover Evolvo.
Current Money : $41073

Roleplay info below...
► Show Spoiler
Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)

Smurf
Associate

10 Feb 2020 18:45

BigSmoke wrote:
10 Feb 2020 08:22
Oh god, I'm terribly sorry to hear what happened to Evolvo. It's just unpleasant to see your car went away in a fashion nobody wanted at all. All we can do though is only to wish it came back in one piece,or at least in rolling condition.

But eh, the Supra is definitely a fitting choice to work on while waiting for the news on the Evolvo. Having it RHD might hold you back from driving it on public roads properly, but still, extra JDM points over there (even if it's not a JP import). It's also already turboed as well, so there's some of your upgrade shopping list sorted :D
Most cars stolen around here are dumped within a couple of days. There definitely will be damage and missing parts but hopefully it won't be totaled. Also my first car was a RHD (http://archive.vstanced.com/forums.php? ... &id=135951) and i'm on my third RHD civic, so i do have plenty of experience driving them.
NotPerfect wrote:
10 Feb 2020 13:19
Nooooooo not the evolvo :( :( :( It was such a nice car damn i'm gonna miss it so much now. The gs300 though looks nice lowered now and you've got a supra as a replacement i would say that's a win :D
I don't think it's gone forever but we'll see with time.
FranklinAnderson wrote:
10 Feb 2020 14:16
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, EVOLVO :(
i still remember when that car came in Speedhunters, it's one of the most iconic VS RP cars.
Hopefully you can recover it in one piece or with like not too much parts taken out
(if u recover it, put a killswitch in all of your cars)
It's been around since the boards opened and i do believe it's the only car to stay around this long. I'm definitely wiring a kill switch into the Supra and one into the Cvic when i swap the engine.

dariws
Associate

29 Feb 2020 09:39

Dude that sucks.I'm sorry for that.
Good luck with the Supra !
BMW E39 530i ● M54B30 231HP ● 2003
BMW E36 328i ● M52B28 193BHP ● 1997

Lagano
Gangster

29 Feb 2020 14:09

Aw shit man, that's just terrible, your Volvo was such a nice and unique build. I guess you did the right thing now, moving on to something better! The Supra looks pristine, and a black twin turbo just like how you get it in the shop in Most Wanted. ;) Kinda weird to see a US model converted to RHD since there aren't so many around in the first place, well i guess it was done back when they couldn't be imported from Japan yet. Looks amazing as it is already but i'm curious how it'll turn out!

Smurf
Associate

23 Mar 2020 05:25

I sorta procrastinated updating the thread last month so a bunch of stuff has happened but here's the stuff that happened a week after my last post.
The Evolvo was found! Thought i'd start with that good news. It was dumped a few days after my post in an industrial area with the wheels and bike rack missing. The engine is completely locked up so now i have to find a new one. But i'm glad she's back.

The Supra got some new shoes, nothing too fancy but they are going to look great for the build style i want to go for.

And finally, the EG now has a K20! I still have to finish the wiring but it should be running in a couple days.

I got laid off until the end of next month so expect more frequent updates.

BigSmoke
Gangster

23 Mar 2020 07:16

Yooooo I'm glad the Evolvo has found! While it technically doesn't have an engine anymore, at least the entire car is found and can be brought to run at anytime. I think sourcing another 4G should be a bit easy as well, whether it's one from Eclipse or Evo. And wew more power for the EG! Can't wait to see the final result ;)

Visit my RP HERE!

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

23 Mar 2020 08:05

Yooo, im glad Evolvo was found! Like Big Smoke said about 4G, but if you want more aftermarket support of 4G, go to Evo.
Supra have best looking with new shoe, and damm K20 is kickin inside Civic.
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13457
RP location; Osaka, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RP's Angel's (My GF) vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RP's My previous owned vehicle:
► Show Spoiler

Smurf
Associate

23 Mar 2020 18:06

BigSmoke wrote:
23 Mar 2020 07:16
I think sourcing another 4G should be a bit easy as well, whether it's one from Eclipse or Evo.
I already have an Evo 4g at our shop. I'm still building it up, the old 4g made about the same amount of power as the stock engine so I want big power now.

SimplifyHerb wrote:
23 Mar 2020 08:05
Supra have best looking with new shoe, and damm K20 is kickin inside Civic.

Just wait till you see the supra with the new body kit.

Smurf
Associate

27 Mar 2020 00:41

I've pretty much been living at me and my friends shop for the last week or so due to the quarantine, and i'm pretty our cars are loving the attention.
So for the daily i got a Junction Produce front bumper, tinted the headlights, and smoked the tails.

The Eg6 is finally running under it's own power. I set the Teins to as low as they can go and got a set of Kosei K1s with Yokohama Neovas, right now their held on with adapters since the car is only 4 lug nut that'll change when i go to big brakes. Old Chinatown in Portland looks like a ghost town right now (except for the bums)

I got the body kit for the Supra fitted as well. Its Top Secret front and skirts, Blitz rear and a Bomex low level wing. I have headlights, taillights and mirrors on the way. Oh i got a set of BC coils for her too.

I'm still not entirely sure all what direction i'm going for with the EG6 but the Supra is going to be an old school big power with modern touches build.

marcus915
Associate

27 Mar 2020 01:00

rip evolvo, one of the longest running cars on the forums.

supra looks promising, can't wait to see what'll come of it! civic is looking clean too, i love the white on white
hollywood's bleeding
c o o l d o w n

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

27 Mar 2020 07:53

Supra looking supra and coming nicely, Civic could be best track day weapon.
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13457
RP location; Osaka, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RP's Angel's (My GF) vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RP's My previous owned vehicle:
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

27 Mar 2020 09:10

Nice treatment over the GS, looks savage! :D The EG6 looks quite period-correct as well, I think it should be a trackable daily car. Should be handy for weekend runs and occasional autocross and track days, but eh, at the end it's your ride after all ;) Great additions for the Supra as well, the Bomex wing suits the rest of the package very well :D

Visit my RP HERE!

Lagano
Gangster

27 Mar 2020 13:04

Yay the legendary Lolvo is back! Nice work on all the rides btw, GS300 looks gangsta all blacked out. Meanwhile the Civic is the complete opposite, white on white makes it look like a racecar, especially with the Koseis! I didn't expect the Supra to get such an extensive rebuild, many of them have a big wang on it but the Bomex one you got just screams oldschool!

FranklinAnderson
Gangster

31 Mar 2020 06:15

I'm glad that evolvo was found! U just need a 4G63 NA.
They are dirt cheap, because they were used in all kinds of cars, even minivans.
Get one from a van or a Eclipse GS and u are ready 2 go!

Also that supra :roll: , it reminds me of my old supra. Very classy!
And for the EG6? Maybe a Kanjo car? Fun daily?

And that GS is screaming, VIP MOTHERFUCKERS, just perfect for that car!

I'm stoked to see moar ! Nice job.
Current Money : $41073

Roleplay info below...
► Show Spoiler
Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)

NotPerfect
Gangster

31 Mar 2020 15:02

Ayy damn the civic finally runs!! And it's got some nice wheels uwu. The supra really touches me with the wangan kind of style!

Roleplay cars :

-stallion-
Associate

31 Mar 2020 21:28

That Top Secret bodykit on the Supra is really nice! And yes, that Toyota is truly "Nutty" hahahah, great job on those!
Roleplay Vehicles:
~ Nissan R33 GT-S ~
~ Nissan Silvia S14 ~
~ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution CT9W ~

Smurf
Associate

31 Mar 2020 22:35

► Show Spoiler
The last couple of days have been weirdly busy considering the world is supposed to be shut down right now.
But first the Supra build won't stop, even if the world is about to end.
We pulled the engine out of the car and test fitted the new lights. The front are full HIDs and the rears are custom LEDs. This is some of the "Modern Touches" i was talking about early.
After that we threw on some steelies and sent the car to Benny's for paint. My local Benny's has decided to temporally close down due to the virus so it'll be a while before we see it again. I guess that gives me time to rebuild the engine though.

Before i could start the big brake upgrade on the EG, the power to our shop went out. So i had to do it on the ground as apposed to on the lift.

We've been planning on moving shops for a long time since the owner to our old shop wouldn't let us store cars over night for "insurance reasons". We found this new shop about a month ago but couldn't move in until the other day. Also the EG got clear indicators and a new exhaust tip.

Now the Evolvo has a place to sit quietly and wait for it's new heart.

NotPerfect
Gangster

31 Mar 2020 23:16

OwO ayyy more supra goodies probably one of few I actually like and damn the lights on it look good uwu. Ah more civic upgrades amazing but damn rip to the lights. Can't wait for evolvo to get new engine :P

Roleplay cars :

BigSmoke
Gangster

01 Apr 2020 09:20

Yeah, this quarantine makes everything much more difficult to do, but eh, at least that means more time building and maintaining cars :D Nice upgrades on the Supra and EG, and yeah, the EG should definitely be a canyon carver ;) Congrats on the new garage as well!

Visit my RP HERE!

Smurf
Associate

02 Apr 2020 12:02

NotPerfect wrote:
Can't wait for evolvo to get new engine :P
Yea I can't wait for the car to have some actual power.
BigSmoke wrote:
01 Apr 2020 09:20
Congrats on the new garage as well!
Thanks dude.

Wickedz!
Associate

02 Apr 2020 16:44

Smurf wrote:
02 Apr 2020 12:02
NotPerfect wrote:
Can't wait for evolvo to get new engine :P
Yea I can't wait for the car to have some actual power.
maybe ITB'S? raw instan throttle response
PD: sick cars
HOT BOI 4 LIFE

AThero
Associate

02 Apr 2020 21:52

Is the Supra going to be a street car? I love your EG also, keep it up man.

Soju
Gangster

03 Apr 2020 13:36

I really hope the Volvo is alive again!

• Information