Polder's Fabia vRS MK1

Polderlife
Associate

03 Nov 2019 20:31

Hi all, I passed my Driving Test in April 2019, and was on the hunt for a vehicle up until September 6th where I bought a Black Magic 2007 Skoda Fabia vRS! It was sort of stupid on my part but well worth it. A First Car like this is pretty good, despite the insurance being extremely high for me :cry:

Upon purchase I had noticed a few things that annoyed me, such as a dent in the sill, random small dents all over the car, some scratches and lacquer peel, I did remember that it is 12 years old, its not gonna be perfect. After a week or so of ownership, the first problem arrived in the form of a snapped starter signal wire. So I had to bodge that to get home then fix it the next day by repining the connector and extending the wire. After that, I ran into a major coolant leak which was the Water Pump, so replaced that and the timing belt at the same time. Which then brought another issue, I had zero boost and the car smoked a lot, I read the codes and noticed that the MAP Sensor didn't have the right signal. So checked the wiring and there was a snap right at the connector for the temperature signal. Fixed that by rewiring and repinning with some black sealant to prevent water ingress.

I have done some modifications so far, these being a Darkside EGR Delete but retains the Anti Shudder Valve, with the Darkside EGR Cooler Delete Hose, AP rear springs and shock absorbers, Front AP Lowering Springs, 10 or 15mm spacers with extended wheel bolts, FloFlex Rear Wishbone Bushes and a Evol Engineering Torque Link and a Leon Cupra R Splitter (which didn't last long because I had a bump and ruined the splitter)

The car feels good but has minor issues still, such as a suspect DMF Rattle which can only mean the DMF will die soon.

The car cost me £1500 to buy and so far ive enjoyed it. 130hp and 300nm of torque is a lot of fun in such a light car. I did also recently buy some Pre Facelift Tail Lights because I prefer the look over the Common as muck Facelift Taillights. I did also fit Pressed Plates because they make a car look way better.

Soon to come is a Hybrid Turbo, possibly a GT1856V from Skilla Turbos, A FMIC (Seat Sport Style), a Full Straight Pipe Exhaust, Bigger and Better Wheels, Octavia MK1 VRS Brakes *(312mm) and a Remap with Popcorn Limiter or Hardcut (depending if I want aggression over speed).

The car when I had it around 1-2 weeks:

The car yesterday after all my modifications so far (apart from the splitter which is dead):

Ill post here when I do some bigger stuff to the car, small updates will get boring!
P O L D E R L I F E

O G Hotbois

BMW Gang

Soju
Associate

04 Nov 2019 04:34

That looks so clean! I've never had any chance to have hatches IRL :?

Nightkid
Gangster

04 Nov 2019 11:00

Oh wow , MK1 Fabia RS ( well actually vRS in the UK cuz ford ) is that cheap ? Well , i guess i´m gonna look for a MK1 Fabia RS now lmao

Buzzsaw
Gangster

04 Nov 2019 11:12

That really clean Fabia vRS! Nice choice buddy.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13063

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RP's History owner of vehicle.
► Show Spoiler

Polderlife
Associate

04 Nov 2019 11:33

Soju wrote:
04 Nov 2019 04:34
That looks so clean! I've never had any chance to have hatches IRL :?
Thanks man! Hatches are cool, do recommend owning one!
Buzzsaw wrote:
04 Nov 2019 11:12
That really clean Fabia vRS! Nice choice buddy.
Thanks my guy! 100% don’t regret my choice
Nightkid wrote:
04 Nov 2019 11:00
Oh wow , MK1 Fabia RS ( well actually vRS in the UK cuz ford ) is that cheap ? Well , i guess i´m gonna look for a MK1 Fabia RS now lmao
Cheap to buy, not so cheap to insure haha!
P O L D E R L I F E

O G Hotbois

BMW Gang

r0tary
Associate

05 Nov 2019 00:05

Very nice Fabia you got there !

I've done a EGR delete on mine aswell. If you check your intake manifold you'll see there's a lot of sh*t there i bet ! i've done a cleaning on mine once and it was filled with it.

For starters you can do a light remap, 150/160hp you would feel a big difference !

If you are going to upgrade some parts, why don't you upgrade the turbo to a GTB (VK) Turbo ? way more recent and better than a V, Ibiza Cupra FMIC, 70mm straight pipe, firad injectors, oil and diesel coolers, intake, remap ...

Contact the guys from AM Motorsport here in Portugal, they might get a nice remap for your car !

Cheers.

Polderlife
Associate

05 Nov 2019 18:38

r0tary wrote:

I've done a EGR delete on mine aswell. If you check your intake manifold you'll see there's a lot of sh*t there i bet ! i've done a cleaning on mine once and it was filled with it.

For starters you can do a light remap, 150/160hp you would feel a big difference !

If you are going to upgrade some parts, why don't you upgrade the turbo to a GTB (VK) Turbo ? way more recent and better than a V, Ibiza Cupra FMIC, 70mm straight pipe, firad injectors, oil and diesel coolers, intake, remap ...

Contact the guys from AM Motorsport here in Portugal, they might get a nice remap for your car !

Cheers.
I’ve been looking at either a Skilla 1856 Variant or a GTB2260VKLR however a 2260 is a £1000 for a turbo + manifold. Injectors I’m probably gonna get 160% Firad Nozzles, The FMIC will 100% be Seat Sport Style with some hardpipes and Exhaust will just be a straight pipe.
Remap wise I’ll either go with Narco Tuning or Dervtech since AM are far away and *portugal tunes = smoke for days*

Cheers anyway, would love to see yours!
P O L D E R L I F E

O G Hotbois

BMW Gang

r0tary
Associate

05 Nov 2019 19:51

Polderlife wrote:
r0tary wrote:

Cheers.
I’ve been looking at either a Skilla 1856 Variant or a GTB2260VKLR however a 2260 is a £1000 for a turbo + manifold. Injectors I’m probably gonna get 160% Firad Nozzles, The FMIC will 100% be Seat Sport Style with some hardpipes and Exhaust will just be a straight pipe.
Remap wise I’ll either go with Narco Tuning or Dervtech since AM are far away and *portugal tunes = smoke for days*

It's an HDi, not TDi, just added yesterday here in vstanced, check it out ! :)

I payed 400€ for my GTB1756VK.

Polderlife
Associate

05 Nov 2019 19:56

r0tary wrote:
05 Nov 2019 19:51
Polderlife wrote:
r0tary wrote:

Cheers.

It's an HDi, not TDi, just added yesterday here in vstanced, check it out ! :)

I payed 400€ for my GTB1756VK.
400 Euro is cheap for a turbo. I think I need some of that in my life
P O L D E R L I F E

O G Hotbois

BMW Gang

• Information