V$ Sieklo's Garage

Sieklo
Associate

01 Nov 2019 10:33

Hi everyone i’m Jacob from Poland. Most of my time is studying and working but I had to find some rest from it so i bought this masterpiece you can see below.
I know that the HR34 with RB20 and Auto is boring af but in few months it will be maybe not a monster but really fun car to drive.

So as i said earlier i bought HR34 it was my dream since i saw it cuz its different than regular German sedans you can mostly see in Poland.
Plans for HR!?... First of all manual swap that bitch. Let’s start that process!
Some my friends asked my “Dude you just bought this car why you are disassembling it?” my answer is easy i’m not disassembling this car. I’m upgrading it!”

Let’s start doing something because i can’t wait to get it moving with manual transmission. I want to do two things because a side form manual swap i want to make more power. Plan is simple, freshen up RB20DE, new seals etc. ceramic coat pistons and valves, new rings /w lil bigger gaps. turbo manifold form DET engine, tap oil feed and return, MLS or Tomei Headgasket,ARP head studs, RB26 injectors,RB25 MAF or Z32 bigger fuel pump, fmic IC, maybe meth injection kit when i decide to make bigger power
My power plans for now are not so big, on stock DET Turbo with bigger injectors on low boost i’m shooting for something 190ish.

If anyone has RB25 MAF or Z32 for sale please hit me up or something form list above liake a RB26 injectors
ENGINE & TRANS OUT!
For now that’s all, next time we will be working around trans and engine, sorry but delivery service has some issue or delay of some kinde
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

01 Nov 2019 10:57

Heey welcome back! I see you're starting anew, and what a start man! :D (I remember you have a Z32 in the old forums)
And yeeeeey fellow HR34 owner gang! :lol: I love these things, even though the ER34 are relatively cheap, HR34s are usually even cheaper.
The good thing about RB engines is almost every single components of them are interchangeable, so it should be an easy upgrade ;)

I love my HR34 as well, quite comfy enough as a daily driver and actually good enough to go sideways as well. Mine's staying naturally aspirated with some RB25 stuff internals, though at one time I had to turbo it for a while. Anyways, looking forward for yours, I'm feeling this one will be a great build as well! ;)
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

NotPerfect
Gangster

01 Nov 2019 14:15

OwO ayyy waddup man (oorp i'm from onion-land too but don't say it to anyone) hr34? that's an interesting trend recently but i like it uwu
► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

Sieklo
Associate

01 Nov 2019 15:01

BigSmoke wrote:
01 Nov 2019 10:57
Heey welcome back! I see you're starting anew, and what a start man! :D (I remember you have a Z32 in the old forums)
And yeeeeey fellow HR34 owner gang! :lol: I love these things, even though the ER34 are relatively cheap, HR34s are usually even cheaper.
The good thing about RB engines is almost every single components of them are interchangeable, so it should be an easy upgrade ;)

I love my HR34 as well, quite comfy enough as a daily driver and actually good enough to go sideways as well. Mine's staying naturally aspirated with some RB25 stuff internals, though at one time I had to turbo it for a while. Anyways, looking forward for yours, I'm feeling this one will be a great build as well! ;)
(oorp Yeey Z32 thread died a little because my irl school etc. I'm happy to be back :D i want to redo Z32 but there isn't one with engine bay ;) )
That interchability is one of the best things about RB engines. Probably in long run i will swap RB25DET but i think for now RB20DE + T will be best option :D
Im dreaming about building SR16VE + T :D but we will see what time will bring :D

NotPerfect wrote:
01 Nov 2019 14:15
OwO ayyy waddup man (oorp i'm from onion-land too but don't say it to anyone) hr34? that's an interesting trend recently but i like it uwu
Yo, Yeah HR34 recently became more popular, but for me ER is something different most of people look for R34/33/32 but i look for sedan most of the time, "normal" are also great
(oorp, i just mention it for sace of RP, cuz i dont like to expose that )

Buzzsaw
Gangster

02 Nov 2019 09:11

Nice HR34!Good luck to upgrading, just take time.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13063

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RP's History owner of vehicle.
► Show Spoiler

Nightkid
Gangster

02 Nov 2019 11:13

Aye that´s a nice looking HR34 you got there !

Lagano
Associate

02 Nov 2019 18:04

A R34 sedan! Good choice since sedans are always overshadowed by GTRs or GTT coupes, making them much more affordable, even in Europe! What kind of build do you have in mind for it? Also, many people on the RP forums have all kinds of Skylines, check out their threads to see how they're built up and maybe you can get some ideas for yours too! :)

Sieklo
Associate

03 Nov 2019 15:37

Buzzsaw wrote:
Thanks, yee in this case time is my friend. I want to do it right not fast ;)
Buzzsaw wrote:
Eeee, now it's stuck maybe in few weeks/month it will look good hehe :lol:
Lagano wrote:
02 Nov 2019 18:04
A R34 sedan! Good choice since sedans are always overshadowed by GTRs or GTT coupes, making them much more affordable, even in Europe! What kind of build do you have in mind for it? Also, many people on the RP forums have all kinds of Skylines, check out their threads to see how they're built up and maybe you can get some ideas for yours too! :)
In Europe sedans are like a 1/2 price of GTTs :lol: . I've looked up some threads with skylines, maybe in some future i will build RB30 :D Plans for the car, street/drift, RB20DE+T maybe body kit we will see

Back to HR34

Few new things arrived :D finally OEM DET gasket kit for RB20 so i can start working on it. Taking off exhaust manifold was pain in… 5 bolts just snapped on me so it was the best fun i ever have in my life. Next I separate Transmission from engine and put engine on a stand, oil was drained earlier so it was a bit easier, i took of valve cover and takie head out, it was looking ok’ish inside so it was a good idea to take it apart. After removing head, oil pan, belt etc. I’ve started removing bottom end, whole disassembly took me good few hours

Pistones are in good shape so i’ve cleaned them with soft(really) metal brush and lots of WD-40 & Acetone. It worked out very well they are not scratched but super clean :D
Lests start with ceramic coating them, first of all i bought Cerkaote H297Q Oven quire one for easy application i’ve went to local paint shop and they packed it into a spray can. I’ve made a step guide how to do it:
1.Remove rings and clean pistons
2.Tepe up sides with painters tape
3.Wet sand top of the piston with 400grid
4.Remove oil with Acetone
5.Spray coating
6.Wait 10-15min and spraw it again
7.Wait 10-15min, remove tape and put it in the oven:
1.120*C(248*F) for 40min
2.Cool for min 30min
3.200*(392*F) for 40min
4.Cool for min 30min
5.Max temp of your oven(not over 320*C/608*F) for 40min
6.Cool for min 30min

What next, gaping rings and installation, take your time pistons maybe a lil hot even after 30min :lol: . After that,i weight pistons, rods and match them to have differences between them no more than 0.5g

Let’s do something around block, i’ve clean it as good as i can and paint it black, after that i’ve removed oil and water pump, because in today's mail i recived N1 replacements so it will be a lil bit safer than stock ones :D

I'm fed up working around engine so i went to remove engine harness and lay it down on garage floor, i've made few upgrades like deleting neutral safety switch and few plugs that standalone won't need. Did i said standalone!? Yep we are going to use ECU Master Classic with P&P Adapter

► Show Spoiler

NotPerfect
Gangster

03 Nov 2019 16:05

OwO i see you're not hesitating to build that rb uwu, can't wait to see more
► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

BigSmoke
Gangster

03 Nov 2019 16:47

That's quite a detailed engine cleaning and restoration........and I love every single part of it! :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Niatross
Associate

03 Nov 2019 21:01

Quite refreshing to see that you're polishing out the RB20DET in a world of ludicrous engine swaps for the most part
Keeps the cars character intact for sure!

Buzzsaw
Gangster

04 Nov 2019 10:57

That detailed to cleaning RB20DET for sure!

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Sieklo
Associate

05 Nov 2019 17:16

NotPerfect wrote:
03 Nov 2019 16:05
OwO i see you're not hesitating to build that rb uwu, can't wait to see more
Hehe, you will se maybe I will try to push more than 190hp form it :lol:
BigSmoke wrote:
03 Nov 2019 16:47
That's quite a detailed engine cleaning and restoration........and I love every single part of it! :D
Thanks :D I try my best, I want to build ultimate RB20DE+T so details are crucial :D
Niatross wrote:
03 Nov 2019 21:01
Quite refreshing to see that you're polishing out the RB20DET in a world of ludicrous engine swaps for the most part
Keeps the cars character intact for sure!
That's why Im building this RB20DE, 90% of people would just swap RB25/26 or in worst case scenario LS swap it....
I want to make this RB scream like a monster heheh maybe 8k rpm 8-)
Buzzsaw wrote:
04 Nov 2019 10:57
That detailed to cleaning RB20DET for sure!

r0tary
Associate

05 Nov 2019 23:41

Nice to see these DIY's, keep up the good work, you got a nice car there to modify !

Sieklo
Associate

10 Nov 2019 13:01

r0tary wrote:
05 Nov 2019 23:41
Nice to see these DIY's, keep up the good work, you got a nice car there to modify !

NEW PURCHASE

So, i bought next car...Car? Yep i bought Mini Cooper R56 JCW. Engine is broken, it’s running but, probably valve is cracked and turbo is F…..maybi more things Now i have two cars that don't run YaaY.
RB20
BOTTOM END REASSEMBLED

As you remember earlier i’ve cote pistons and super clean them, new rings, oil water pump etc.
I've fairly inspect crank for scratches and damage, same with con rods.Ofcourse i’ve cleaned them to get rid of oil stains and whatever oil left on them. Next on the list are bearing i chose to go with King Racing one for reliability. It’s nothing so complicated measure everything (plastigage, micrometer etc.) remember to torque it everything to spec! :D
TOP END!

I’ve just inspect it and clean it. New things? ARP head studs that's all, I’ve torque it to spec and Voila!
► Show Spoiler

NotPerfect
Gangster

10 Nov 2019 13:42

OwO cooper? Damn that's original, imagine if it would be rally spec that would be mental. uwu rb20 is getting back into shape nice nice. Idk how it is with rb20's but i saw on yt that if you wanna build the rb26 you should check the cylinder walls as because it's casted they tend to shift :P Anyways i wanna see that engine bang already in the sky lul keep it up man!
► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

Sieklo
Associate

10 Nov 2019 13:57

NotPerfect wrote:
10 Nov 2019 13:42
OwO cooper? Damn that's original, imagine if it would be rally spec that would be mental. uwu rb20 is getting back into shape nice nice. Idk how it is with rb20's but i saw on yt that if you wanna build the rb26 you should check the cylinder walls as because it's casted they tend to shift :P Anyways i wanna see that engine bang already in the sky lul keep it up man!
We will se, i have some plans for JCW, i think about track car, but rally spec sounds awesome :D
As i rimember RB20 has thickiest cilinder bore than RB25/26 and can withstand more abuse than bigger brothers. Motive Video or Platinium tech made video about RB20 they mesure RB30 to RB20 cylinder bore thicknes

BigSmoke
Gangster

10 Nov 2019 14:54

Yeah finally, a Mini owner in the RP community! Can't wait to see it rolling on the road so you can enjoy that (as even the manufacturer puts it) maximum go-kart feeling :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Sieklo
Associate

10 Nov 2019 15:02

BigSmoke wrote:
10 Nov 2019 14:54
Yeah finally, a Mini owner in the RP community! Can't wait to see it rolling on the road so you can enjoy that (as even the manufacturer puts it) maximum go-kart feeling :lol:
(OORP IRL i have an Cooper S R53 2003, so owning JCW one in RP was plan haha :D)
Now it is really slow but will be super fast go-kart hehe 8-) with DP and K04, damn i can't wiat to shot some flames :D

Buzzsaw
Gangster

12 Nov 2019 18:29

Yoo! RB26 is nearly done, I'm sure! Damn Cooper?! I never seen Mini on RP.

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

• Information