V$ BigSmoke's Bizzare Builds and Life

BigSmoke
Hitman

dariws wrote:
03 Feb 2020 21:06
Hey man.You write so much and soooo detailed.Amazing.
Congrats for the 4th position in the Street FWD 1 class. :D
Can't wait to see pics with the S15 on track.
Thanks man, glad you like my writings! :D Yeah I personally can't wait to run the S15 as well, it's quite close to be completed ;)
Lagano wrote:
03 Feb 2020 21:37
Hell yeah another great fun time with you boys, thanks for taking me to that car meet too! :D The usual meet has too many cars to even notice them all but sometimes it's better to gather just with a few friends and well-known guys, well not yet known to me at that time but i'm glad you introduced some of them and their cool rides. I had a good chance to really appreciate all the cars there too and check them out from up close - i especially liked that Miata, cause you know i like cars to also be fast while looking good. ;) Speaking about fast, you did great on your home turf track day as usual! That Mirage surely goes hard but a power upgrade requires a matching improvement on the handling too! Especially now that it's in a more powerful class and tougher competition. And don't you worry about that last corner, sure you gotta watch out not to understeer there and it might seem scary, but if you happen to get thrown out of it you won't have that much of a crash :lol:
I knew having you to the meet is a great idea! :D Yeah I expected more upgrades for the Mirage as well, since it almost killed myself and itself :lol: I don't wanna be a huge piece of meat hanging on the catch fence like a burger meat
NotPerfect wrote:
03 Feb 2020 22:10
OwO damn the s15!!! Looks so sick now and there's so much good to come uwu. Jeez you almost died in there take it ease biggie at least it was just one time thing and 4th dang you're really good in time attack :P
As the great Mario Andretti once said, “If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough”.......okay I went too fast perhaps :lol: A lot of things would come to the S15 ;)
SimplifyHerb wrote:
03 Feb 2020 23:27
Damn biggie, you better to careful with FWD, it could become deadly anything time. :lol:
Guess I've learned my lesson from that :D
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
alex876
Gangster

Can't wait to see the S15 on track good job
ROLEPLAY
BigSmoke
Hitman

alex876 wrote:
06 Feb 2020 16:02
Can't wait to see the S15 on track good job
Thanks man :D

Visit my RP HERE!
BigSmoke
Hitman

//VISUAL CONTACT DETECTED//

Visit my RP HERE!
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

*insert the seizure gif*
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
Niatross
Gangster

HMM I HAVE INSIDE INFO ON WHAT THAT IS :lol:
BigSmoke
Hitman

//WEAPON SYSTEMS READY//

After more than a year of modifying and struggling, another dream of mine comes to life!
It is time to welcome a new challenger and also to see the last seconds of its birth to life.
But that's not all, I also got to help a transfer process and become a fast taxi driver as well!
All of this can be seen by delving into the update below! :D

[Slight rewind to 02 Feb 2020]
Well, we had to rewind juuuuust a little bit because finally the final pieces of the S15 build has arrived, namely the turbo kit and the rollcage tubing! At this point I can't express how grateful I am to see finally another of my car projects is going to be completed, and it's even better in this case, arguably much better than when Silver Queen finished its upgrades (though definitely it's because I didn't have a plan to competitively drive it back then). The S15, as I've always said these days, is my paramount project, and one that is should be finished very soon for it's prime usage at Attack Tsukuba. And speaking of which, don't worry, the S15 will also run in events where purpose-built racecars is allowed to run ;)

Now though, it's time to complete the pieces before painting the S15 to give it the definite final touch, and give the S15 a spot welding treatment as well. Aside from the rollcage upgrade, spot welding is also important to improve the car's rigidity, especialy given my car is a used car that has been seeing some usage. Obviously the chassis twists and turns has given some effect on car's rigidity as a whole, plus there are some spots which can be improved, thus we are going to weld the body some more to give it a better rigidity.

But of course I can't do this alone, since I myslef isn't really a competent welder. And to make things worse, I don't have the tools to make a rollcage properly as well. But fear not, as I've mentioned in the previous update, Muza (@Niatross) and co. can help with that. Not only they've welded a thousand times more than I did, they also have the tools and skills to create a nice rollcage. So I whipped out my phone and called Muza.

"Yo Muza, it's me Edo"
"Ah hey Edo, just about when I'm going back home. Sup yo?"
"Good news mate......it's time"
"For what?"
"Rollcage and spot welding"
"Of wha-OH, THE S15?"
"YUP! It's time to lay the final piece of the puzzle"
"Hoowee! There's one problem though"
"Um, what?"
"AJ (@RocketBunnyS13) is sick, and Marc (@topy) is still finishing his Mustang"
"Oof, finally AJ found his limit. So when you guys can make it?"
"Since we're all busy at Mondays, Tuesday might be good to start the project"
"Ah great, I need this project to be finished as soon as possible. Time is running out"
"I know you'll say that. I'll tell the others as well"
"Ah great, and thanks for the help my man"
"Don't sweat it, see ya at Tuesday"
"See ya"

With the call sorted, it is time to get into the final stages of the build. Here comes a new challenger...........

[04 Feb 2020]
It's time to put the final puzzle pieces in! Alongside the parts and rollcage tubing, I also stuffed my sleeping bag, the same one as I used in Ebisu Summer Matsuri, into my Sprinter van. I figured out this would be quite a looooong job, particularly since I still had no particular rollcage design in mind, so there's a huge chance I had to stay in the garage, even if the boys actually had their own places to be. And I also bring my laptop, so I can design the rollcage and livery for the S15 while staying there.

After some time hauling the S15 across Tokyo, finally I arrived at the KS Garage at noon. Apparently Muza, AJ and Marc has finished working and also recently arrived at the workshop, so it's quite a perfect timing. After our usual fistbumps and brohugs, we wheeled down the S15 to one corner of the workshop, and carried everything off the Sprinter van, including the turbo kit, rollcage tubing, and the sleeping bag.

We decided to do the spot weding first, which requires us to strip down the car once again. Thankfully this time there isn't much to strip off since the car itself is already stripped, but then again we need to carefully lay the bodykit. And once again I proven myself to be an incompetent welder by slightly burning my pants in the welding process. I guess my knee are slightly burned as well.............don't worry, I'm fine, but obviously it's quite a painful burn. Moral story is, don't squat while welding.

As we done the welding process and assembled the car back, we continued to the second process, which is fitting the turbo kit. Disassembling the intercooler kit proven to be a complex job, but nevertheless fitting the new turbos, a pair of Greddy T88s is quite easy, and so does reassembling the intercooler kit. To drive the point home, I and Muza did it while having some onigiris! :P After installing the turbo we also did some turbo, ECU and cam tuning.
And now it's time to get into the rollcage.......but not before discussing over the design. Armed with a pencil, a printout of a S15 cutout image, the rulebook of 24 Hours of LeMons, a calculator, some cans of coffee and soda, two packs of Lays and Doritos, and some google images as reference, we sit around, scrabbling lines, drawings, writings and snacking along as we all debating and discussing over how my S15 should be caged.
Eventually all this discussion took quite a long time, we didn't realize it's already midnight and everyone had to go home. Particularly AJ, since he live in Mie instead of Tokyo and of course he still have work to attend the next day. On one side, I envied him since that means AJ lives near Suzuka Circuit, which is one of my favourite circuits around the world, but on the other side AJ had to suffer from daily commute to both his workplace and the garage.

A:"You sure you wanna stay here tonight?"
Ma:"Yeah, you can stay in my apartment tonight if you want"
E:"I need some inspiration for my livery and the cage sooo yeah"
Mu:"Hey don't sweat yourself man, AJ has a longer commute than you do"
E:"Well that's because he's a proper salaryman! He had to get clean and proper clothes!"
A:"Well, you're right actually"
E:"And if I'm staying with Marc we'd be talking about girls and Evos to no end!" *massive laughter*
Ma:"Anyways, if you need help from us, you know where are we"
Mu:"And here's the keys to the garage, sicne I know you'll still be going outside nonetheless" *throws garage keys*
E:*catches keys* "Thanks chaps, don't worry I won't make a mess of the garage. I'll sleep at the lounge"
A:"Alright, see ya tomorrow noon then"

And so, a long night has begun. After I bought several more onigiris, an okonomiyaki, and some cans of coffee, I continued my study for the perfect rollcage, as well as designing livery for the S15, since after it's caged it only needs a new wrap. Attack Tsukuba and most regional racing events around Japan has a rather relaxed rules over rollcage, where usually all you need to have is six point rollcage at minimum (so it covers the A-pillar, B-pillar, the roof and C-pillar without any crossbars), and bolt-in cages is allowed. Only when you're stepping to the national level does a proper rollcage is required, e.g. for Super Taikyu or Super GT. In contrast, European and American series normally bans bolt-in cages, which means all cages has to be welded, and at least one crossbar is required.

In the middle of designing the livery, I received a call from @Benny. I wonder what he's up to in the middle of a night?

"Yo, you there? Sorry to disturb you, I know you're going to sleep"
"Ah yeah Benny, kinda. But I'll listen, so what's up?"
"You still remember the AE86 in our garage right?"
"Ziga (@Lagano)'s AE86?"
"No, the other one, the blue one"
"Ah, that one. How about it? Thought you're gonna work on it"
"That's the initial plan, but turns out we never had the time to work on it"
"So what you gonna do with it? Sell them?"
"Um, no. Listen, you want a free AE86? I haven't offered this to anyone else"
"Wait WHAT? AN AE86 FOR FREE? Well I still got a train of unfinished projects but HELL YEAH SIGN ME UP MATE!"
"See I know you'll love it! I know you're the right man to ask. And wow that was loud man"
"Ah, sorry for shouting right on your ears but hey, who doesn't like a free AE86?"
"Right, you can pick it up anytime in our garage. Now go get some sleep, have a nice sleep my man"
"Have a nice rest as well, see ya"

Well it's not everyday you can get a mint AE86, let alone FOR FREE! Granted, the AE86 in question got no engines yet, but that also means an open canvas to paint on. I've driven an AE86 before, which is Kitagara-sensei's AE86 set up for drifting, and I absolutely love it. Technically speaking, AE86s are widely loved and popular even before the days of Initial D. In Japan, as you know it it's a king of mountain roads, in Britain it's a touring car superstar and in Ireland, it's a rally hero, which explains why there are so many AE86s in Ireland.

Judging by Benny's words he and Ziga did absolutely nothing on the car yet. That means the car is also still riding on steelies and painted blue, just like how Benny picked it up. For the AE86, I really have no plans yet for it. I could either build it into a bread-and-butter drift machine, an AE86 N2 replica or simply a mad grip racer just like one of my personal favourite AE86, the Australian Nulon Levin. All I know is, it's not gonna be as mad as either Beau Yates AE86, Carbon Junkie AE86 or TS Factory AE86. As for the power unit, I may either go for 4A-GE Blacktop, 4A-GZE, 3S-GE just like Ziga's AE86 or 3S-GTE just like the Nulon Levin.
I also discovered that night that I've missed a round of the championship I intended to join with the Evo V, which is the Eastern Kanto Circuit Trial Chamiponship. They also announced some changes. Now all the races are held in five rounds, all at Tsukuba Circuit. Not only that, those who participated in the race will receive 5 points in the overall standings simply by scoring a lap! That means not only I lost my full participation bonus once again, I will also return to the championship with quite a point deficit :cry: Thankfully their next round is at April so I can relax a bit.

[05 Feb 2020]
It's Day 2 of the S15 assembly and after a breakfast of leftover onigiris, spending time by finishing the livery design, and everyone went back rather early later that day, we started the job by finalizing the rollcage design and finally start on bending, connecting and welding the tubes to each other and also to the floor of the car. In the end, due to shortage of materials (damn it!), we decided to do an eight point design, which includes two corssbars in the middle. The rest of the materials wasn't enough to create another crossbar, but thankfully they can be made into two sidebars behind the doors. (okay, ignore the bolts there).
After we finished the final welding process and I almost set one of their welding gloves on fire, finally the work is done and dusted. After we talked for a while to express my gratitude to the crew, some fistbumps and brohugs later, I rushed back to Tsukuba to have the S15 painted immediately at VS Garage, so I can finish the car as quick as possible. Only a bit more to go until my dreams become reality.
As I arrived to the place, they just have finished a lasagna dinner, so they can't share some as usual to me :lol: but nevertheless the crew was quite excited to see a new time attack car being wheeled into their workshop. They quoted V$1000 for the entire livery printing and wrapping process,plus a windshield sticker, with the process taking at worst a week. Before leaving the shop, I helped them sand the remaining paint on the S15, which is quite quick to be done since only the doors and the main chassis has paints at this point.
As I took my steps outside the shop and went into the Sprinter, Ziga called me. I wonder what is it? And coincidentally, I wanted to order something from him..........

"Yo Edo, it's me Ziga"
"Oh hey yo my man. What's up?"
"Ah okay so uh, let's go straight to the point"
"Okay, what is it?"
"So I and Muza and co. had a deal some time ago. Basically we had an engine exchange"
"Okay, and uh, what's my role in this?"
"Help us deliver them. As you know it there's no suitable vehicle in Muza's fleet to deliver it"
"Ah I see, I reckon your Santa Fe can't fit them either"
"Exactly!"
"Okay so I'll pick them up with my Sprinter while picking up my AE86-"
"Wait nonono! Pick them up with the Silverado, Benny would like to tell you something about it later"
"Ah okay then, I can pick the AE86 anytime anyways. Oh one thing Ziga"
"Yea?"
"You still got these cupholders? I'd like two of them"
"Oh yeah yeah we still got some! You want one? V$50 each"
"Two, actually. I'll pay and pick them up as I got to your garage"
"Ah, cool. So back to the engine delivery, first pick the engines from Muza's place, then deliver it to ours"
"Ah okay, anything else?"
"When you're here, we'll load you up with another engine for them plus your cupholders. Deliver the engine and your job is done"
"Ah okay great, see ya tomorrow"
"See ya, and thanks"

Well it's time to fire up the Silverado once more, and I wonder what is Benny going to do with it? Well, it's Benny and Ziga's former parts truck after all. In the meantime, after I arrived back home, I ordered a set of HANS device for my racing overalls, which costs me V$414. Normally I don't race with them, but I discovered that in Attack series rules, drivers of the cars that can go past 59 seconds in Tsukuba is required to wear HANS or other forms of neck restrainer.

Why's that? Well, in an event of a crash, you'll know that your body is subjected to intertia physics. As you're driving, your car is moving, but your body isn't. When you crash, it's the other way around: Your car stops, but your body hasn't, since there are some energy left from your car's movement. As a result, you can be thrown forward, which is why seatbelt is required in cars to restrain you from the forward movement. Problem is, in normal cars which never reaches racing speeds, your upper body will still likely to escape from the seatbelt restraints. HANS device is created to keep our neck and head steady in case of these kinds of crashes.

[06 Feb 2020]
It's time for the engine transport! First off, as instructed, I went to the KS garage again to pick up the first engines to be delivered. After refuelling the Silverado (LS7 is quite a thirsty engine, you know) and weaving through Tokyo traffic in such a big truck, finally I managed to get to KS garage on time. Muza and Marc has been waiting for me as they were in the process of packaging the engines.

From their side, they're going to send an LS2 and a Ford Windsor 351 engine to Ziga and Benny. The LS2 previously powered Muza's pearlescent RX-7 FD from USA, which he deemed 'cursed' and must go away. Thankfully, he has sourced a 13B engine as a replacement. Meanwhile, Marc bought the 351 as a crate engine before switching to a 302 unit, since he wanted his Mustang to resemble a Trans-Am racer.

With the packaging done, we stuffed them up to the Silverado's bed and tied them up to secure them, then Muza and Marc went off first to Ziga's place. It might be a bit difficult to deliver them since the LS7 made this car felt like a battleship, but at least these engines provides a ballast for the rear end so they won't go in a flurry of wheelspin I guess. (Also sorry for the trash photoshop skills)
After some more hours of battling the traffic from Tokyo to some parts of Fukushima while babysitting two engines on my back by not driving too agressively, finally I reached Benny's garage just a little bit after midday. As usual, Ziga is working on another of his car, this time being another R33 which has lost its rear end, Muza and Marc were chilling around after arriving first, while Benny browses used cars and parts car auctions for the 14045th time. As I went into their garage, Ziga went to the back of the truck as the LS7 burbles inside the garage.

E:"Here it is, your V8 engines as you want it"
Z:"Hey thanks Smoke, I appreciate your effort. Right, let's get them off the truck. Oi Benny!"
B:"Yea? Oh you're here! Okay okay I'll be there real quick"
After all of us got the engines off the turck's bed, suddenly AJ and Marcus (@marcus915) came to the garage as well. Turns out Muza, Ziga, AJ and Marcus are going to drift at the recently reopened Ebisu Circuit, which has done their yearly maintenance beforehand. After I paid for the cupholders I ordered to them, with Ziga and co. going away, it is up to me, Marc and Benny to stuff there engines.

So according to Ziga, they will stuff the LS somewhere first, meanwhile the Windsor will go to my old Mustang Foxbody, which I've sold to him recently. Apparently before switching to a 302 unit, Marc has tuned it by hand to make it produce around 450 BHP, so that's actually quite an upgrade despite the Windsor being a much older engine than the Modular engine currently sitting in the Foxbody. As for the Modular itself, it'll power Ziga's red R33, since the Modular is quite a bulletproof engine, therefore perfect as a missile drifter engine.
After we finished the engine swap operation, we packed up the next engine involved in the deal. From Ziga and Benny's side, they got an unused RB26 in the stable, and with Muza being a Nismo mechanic, obviously he's the one who should receive it. As we pack up the engine in another crate, I talked to Benny about the Silverado.

"So uh, Ziga said you gonna do something to the Silverado"
"Ah so he told you eh? Yeah, I've got a huge plans for it"
"Go on, it was your truck after all"
"Well, let's just say we gonna modify it a little bit. You haven't do anything to it did you?"
"Nah, I haven't had any time to modify it"
"Great, but that's all I can say about it for now. Anyways we're gonna go back home for a while at 9th"
"Ah okay, do you want me to drive for you two to the airport?"
"Sure, that's quite nice of you"
With the packaging done and the engine loaded to the truck, I and Marc (because he went to the garage with Muza, and Muza is still at Ebisu) made our way back to Tokyo. On the way back we made a lunch stop somewhere at the suburbs of Tsukuba. We ordered a bowl of chicken ramen with some narutomaki and egg topping. After some time eating the ramen while discussing about our Evos and some um, tech and girls, we grabbed some cans of coffee and went back home. Oh, and it's also a perfect opportunity to install and test the cupholders! :D
After some time navigating through Tokyo after hours traffic, we finally arrived back to KS garage. Neither Marc or Muza has any plans over the RB26 yet so far, so we just decided to stuff it on a corner of the garage. With the job finally done, we decided to close the garage and wet back to our cribs.

[09 Feb 2020]
As requested by Benny, this time I acted as his taxi for his and Ziga's trip to Narita Airport. Their flight is scheduled at noon, but given they are rather far from Tokyo, this means I have to drive early to their place, in fear of both rush hour and lunch traffic.
After assisting them packing their stuff (thankfully the Silver Queen can carry all of them), we set off to the highways heading to Narita airport. Thankfully at this point traffic has been dispersed a bit, so there are some breathing room for the SIlver Queen to unleash those engine power on the highway. I gleefully blasted some music as we go along the expressway.
Some time later we blasted over the Wangan line as we try to find the fastest route to Narita airport. And of course, being one of the most sought-after place to race and test your car's top speed and stability, we can't miss the opportunity to run on this legendary stretch of expressway. As you migt already know it, this highway stretch is where most of highway battles are decided alongside the C1 loop, and also the very main point of interest in the Wangan Midnight manga series.
At this point, I should admit that I'm rather worried of blowing the Silver Queen's engine to bits, but at the same time I'm confident it can survive since the stroked internals are much stronger than the stock ones. After all, it has been driven for one full competitive year and look, it still lives! So flooring it across some parts of the Tokyo Expressway shouldn't be a huge problem either.
Finally, we arrived at Narita Airport with acutally still a lot of time to spare before the flight. After I parked the car, I decided to have lunch with them with some coffee, and stayed until finally they boarded their plane. It's been quite a fun 2-3 months with them in my home turf after they invited me to visit them multiple times last year, and I can't wait for them to come back again.

After I arrived at my crib, I also received my HANS device I ordered and immediately tried to fit them to my neck. It requires some time to get used to it indeed, but all of this is for my own life's sake, so I have to appreciate it.

[11 Feb 2020]
Earlier at the day I spent my time installing the other cupholder to Kaede and also testing it using one of my coffee cans that I store at the fridge. With this one simple upgrade, Kaede's status as a cruiser has been solidified and it's basically complete and ready to rock all the time! Now I can have a drink quickly while cruising with my friends inside Kaede.
But the biggest surprise came later that day: VS Garage called me, they informed me that the S15 has finished the wrap and stickering process! Overjoyed with this news, I immediately returned Kaede to its place and hurried to my Sprinter van to pick the S15 up. My heart raced intensely as I went from my crib to VS Garage, just like how I want to race my S15.

And finally, after more than a year working on the S15, I can finally say....... HERE. IT. IS!!!
I decided to paint it in a combo of black and blue with a small white stripe to make it look simple and sleek. I just wanna make it simple for now, nothing too flashy. And of course the car is adorned by stickers of brands I used on the car, plus the KamiSama sticker as a thank-you gesture to Muza and co. for helping me building the car from scratch. And as a bonus, there's also Advan's 90s triangle logo on the fenders. And also just like some of my cars, it's also completed with one of my personally-designed slap sticker.

So far however I haven't thought a nickname for it........thoguh it might not need one after all. If I had to choose one however, I'd say I should call it Raiden, after the Japanese god of thunder, and yes, also that Mortal Kombat character. Coincidentally, Raiden in MK series always wear blue and white garbs, while his dark form in MK11 has red and black garbs instead.
Extremely excited with this final look of the S15, I immediately brought it to ProMods Garage in Tokyo to have it run on their dyno to check the power figure. Wew boi I've going back and forth from and to Tokyo these days, but it's all worth it. As I arrived to the garage, I and the ProMods crew quickly wheeled the S15 up to their dyno. I fired up the S15 into life and seconds later, a very loud RB26 baritone symphony filled the garage.
Some time after, the dyno result is revealed......here it is!
I'm extremely glad our setup made it to my exact target of 750 BHP (actually it's 2 BHP more, so 752 it is)! With this setup, I'm quite sure the S15 can go for the 57 or even 56 seconds zone. The next thing I should do for the S15 is........of course taking it to the track, that's what it is for! After I arrived back to my crib I immediately registered for two events in Tsukuba.

The first one is Zummy Racing's track day event at 16th, which registration costed me V$209. While it's a normal track day, usually Zummy Racing event is filled with time attack regulars and professional, so it's a perfect event to get accustomized to the S15 while seeing how it compares to other competitors before the main event. If I'm lucky, I might just be able to meet the top runners as well! And being a normal track day, there's no class segregation and no prizes, so it's all up for grabs here.

The second event is, of course, the main event the S15 is intended for, Attack Tsukuba! The event registration costed me V$393, and I registered for the Second class. As for the class segregation I'll expalin it on the next update, but here's a nice thing: Unlike other time attack events, you can pick how you would run your session.

There are two of them, and you can pick between one-lap Super Lap shootout and a usual free running method for each runs. If you pick the free run option, the duration is 23 minutes for the first session and 20 minutes for the second session. As a rather sensible man, I picked up free run method for my first run so I can heat up the tyres, and super lap for the second one as there would be a lot of rubbers later that day and so I can watch the pros doing it for real after my run.

With the S15 project officially completed and ready to run (though admittably there are room for improvements, will sort after Attack event), it's time to move to the next crucial project.........

[12 Feb 2020]
.......and that is the Evo V! The Evo V so far only needs brakes, transmission and engine upgrades to be done, and this time we'll sort two of these three, plus exhaust system. For the brakes, I selected Alcon CR6 Race big brake kits, 6 pot 365mm on the front and 4 pot 343mm on the rear. They costed me V$2070 and V$1695 respectively. Problem is, they aren't sold with brake pads, so I had to buy Ferodo DS Uno pads, which costed me additional V$295 on the front and V$260 on the rear.

For the exhaust system and transmission, I ordered them while consulting to the grandmaster Human Lan Evo Marc. For the exhaust, I decided to combine HKS exhaust manifold, Apexi GT Spec front pipe and HKS HiPower Silent exhaust which costed me V$1248, V$258 and V$589 each. The first two was chosen for that maximum durability and power output, while the SIlent exhaust is there to reassure the car to be streetlegal and not too noisy, so perfect for daily usage. Marc said cutting and welding might be required to fit them though.

For the transmission, since the transmission for Evo IV to IX has the same design, I have a bit of a mad idea: Fit the Evo IX 6-speed transmission to the Evo V engine, for better torque distribution and um, slightly better engine economy. The 6-speed transmission however is quite notorious for being not lubricated properly, hence easy to break due to overheating. Alongside Evo IX 6-speed transmission (small upgrade, costed me V$3495), transfer case (with slight upgrades, costing me V$4050) and front shaft (also upgraded, costing me V$617) so the transmission can work properly, Marc also recommended me to grab B&M Supercooler for V$129, which can be used for engine or tranmission oil cooler, plus Jack's Transmission Performance Upgrades at V$3500 for stronger transmission internals.

Alongside these things I also bought Exedy twin plate clutch for V$1500, Racefab Front subframe for V$1200, Racefab North-South Bar for V$225, Cusco Type RS front and rear diffs for V$1492 and V$921 each, Cusco Side Gear for V$90 and another of Marc's recommendation, Unlimited Works final gear set for V$1080. Yep, once again I've blown up my savings.

And finally, let's see how my wallet survives this financial landslide:
► Show Spoiler

That's all my updates for now, thank you for stopping by and see you soon!
Last edited by BigSmoke on 26 Feb 2020 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
alex876
Gangster

Boii that s15 is sick
ROLEPLAY
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO daammnnn the s15 is wild af and owo how's the silverado for you? I've planned to buy one of these too since i got no practical cars at all lol. Also damn the s15 livery is so simple yet so good it really did came all together and a 752HP? I'm absolutely in love uwu
► Show Spoiler
BigSmoke
Hitman

alex876 wrote:
17 Feb 2020 03:58
Boii that s15 is sick
Thanks man! I'm glad you like the S15 as well :D
NotPerfect wrote:
17 Feb 2020 17:47
OwO daammnnn the s15 is wild af and owo how's the silverado for you? I've planned to buy one of these too since i got no practical cars at all lol. Also damn the s15 livery is so simple yet so good it really did came all together and a 752HP? I'm absolutely in love uwu
It indeed is raw and wild! :D I never have driven the Silverado before the LS7 swap way back then, but it's a great truck to haul stuff if you want an American one. I fyou need to haul lots of things the AWD model is recommended, but the RWD model like mine usually does the job equally well. I can't wait to drive the S15 on the track as well! ;)

Also, since I'm afraid if I'll pass the 60,000 characther reply limit, I'll share a bit of my thoughts here in the spoiler, even though I already have a whopping collection of 11 cars (despite some of them not working)...........
► Show Spoiler

Visit my RP HERE!
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

DDDAAAAMMMMNNNNN S15 IS ON THE FIRREEE! SOMEONE GRAB FIRE EXTINGUISHER!

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
Niatross
Gangster

FINALLY THE S15 GETS A SAVAGE EXTERIOR TO MATCH THE GUTS
And i must say, the livery does look epic so far! Very well suited to its purpose which is Time Attack
Cant fuckn WAIT to run alongside on tsukuba (though im probably getting taken to gapplebees)

Also, thanks for hauling the LS2 and RB26 for us man!
And also, i see you now have an AE86 project for yourself too! If i were to pick a powertrain i'd probably choose between F20C and 3S-GE tbh. But regardless, your choice, im sure you'll make it GOOD
Lagano
Gangster

Well someone get a fire extinguisher indeed, as you often say! :lol: I'm sure you already have one in the S15 though, just in case something happens. Anyway it looks amazing now with the livery, like a proper racecar should!!! With the rollcage and all the performance parts sorted out it's time for you to give it all on the track ;)

Also thanks for another epic ride in the Evo 3 and all the help with our projects, well deserved that AE86. Hope you build it better man! Engine wise you could go with some of the classic choices such as a 20V 4A-GE or a 3S-GE like mine has. If you find the latest model of it (from Altezzas) you get 200hp right out of it! You could even go for a 1UZ for more madlad points while still keeping the same brand! :D
BigSmoke
Hitman

SimplifyHerb wrote:
18 Feb 2020 10:40
DDDAAAAMMMMNNNNN S15 IS ON THE FIRREEE! SOMEONE GRAB FIRE EXTINGUISHER!
Soon we might need an entire fire brigade for it :lol: Thanks man! :D
Niatross wrote:
18 Feb 2020 10:56
FINALLY THE S15 GETS A SAVAGE EXTERIOR TO MATCH THE GUTS
And i must say, the livery does look epic so far! Very well suited to its purpose which is Time Attack
Cant fuckn WAIT to run alongside on tsukuba (though im probably getting taken to gapplebees)

Also, thanks for hauling the LS2 and RB26 for us man!
And also, i see you now have an AE86 project for yourself too! If i were to pick a powertrain i'd probably choose between F20C and 3S-GE tbh. But regardless, your choice, im sure you'll make it GOOD
Wew glad you like the livery my man! And I would like to thank you, AJ and Marc for helping me build the S15, I really, really appreciate it :D Without your help it'll be either still being a bare chassis or perhaps being tuned incorrectly. I'm so grateful for your help and advice! And because of it I also can't wait to run beside you guys in Tsukuba one day ;)

Benny giving me the AE86 was quite a shock indeed, I think I'm going for the modern 2-liter route indeed. Well, I can only hope I won't mess this up ;)
Lagano wrote:
18 Feb 2020 14:10
Well someone get a fire extinguisher indeed, as you often say! :lol: I'm sure you already have one in the S15 though, just in case something happens. Anyway it looks amazing now with the livery, like a proper racecar should!!! With the rollcage and all the performance parts sorted out it's time for you to give it all on the track ;)

Also thanks for another epic ride in the Evo 3 and all the help with our projects, well deserved that AE86. Hope you build it better man! Engine wise you could go with some of the classic choices such as a 20V 4A-GE or a 3S-GE like mine has. If you find the latest model of it (from Altezzas) you get 200hp right out of it! You could even go for a 1UZ for more madlad points while still keeping the same brand! :D
Of course it gotta have one, I don't wanna be roasted inside the car in case of fire :lol: But eh, let's hope the S15 never literally catch fire in first place ;) Anyways glad you liked the livery as well!

I really hope I can finish the AE86 and won't mess it up. Blacktop or 20V 4A-GE from AE101 does sound interesting and also period-correct, but Ii'm not really sure if there are still some of them for cheap. The 3S-GE on the other hand might be the way to go, but still not sure if I should go NA like you did, or turbo like the Nulon Levin. I know Driftworks has their AE86 V8-swapped, but nah, I'm not going for the V8 route

Visit my RP HERE!
dariws
Associate

I'm speachless of how that S15 looks. :roll:
BMW E39 530i ● M54B30 231HP ● 2003
BMW E36 328i ● M52B28 193BHP ● 1997
BigSmoke
Hitman

dariws wrote:
29 Feb 2020 09:29
I'm speachless of how that S15 looks. :roll:
As a fellow track racing enthusiast, I know you'll like it ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
BigSmoke
Hitman

Pure Grinding

With the S15 finally completed and ready to rock, it's time to see and test how fast can it go!
But the S15 isn't the only thing subjected for training, as I train my drift skills one more time.
And after being halted for a while, the Evo V continues its build progress!
Let's se how it's all unfolded by peeking at the update below! :D

[16 Feb 2020]
It's time to bring the S15 to its official first event, the Zummy Racing track day! As you'd expect, I've been waiting for this day to happen. Sure, I can actually wait for Attack Tsukuba and make my debut there, but obviously I need to get accustomized to the S15 first. I'm also looking for a reference time to see how fast the S15 can go so far before the big event, and Zummy Racing's track day event is a great event to do so. As I've explained at the previous update, despite being a normal track day, Zummy Racing's track day is usually filled with time attack pros looking to test their cars before big events, particularly Attack Tsukuba. Not only I can see how far I can fight against them, I can actually gather with them within a slightly less competitive environtment.

So, with my heart singing, I had my breakfast, took shower, and get into my t-shirt and trousers. After prepping my race suit, gloves, and HANS device, as well as carrying some tools into the Sprinter, I wheeled the S15 into the tow trailer, and drove into Tsukuba Circuit in early morning.
As I arrived at the circuit and set up my makeshift workshop with the Sprinter, I noticed that there are quite a lot of pros that make their shakedown indeed! Some are regular faces like Fire Ando and his Escort Evo and Car Shop Dream with their RX7 FD, and some are regular faces that sadly won't participating in this year's Attack, such as the Carbon Junkie AE86. There are also some new rides beside my S15 as well. Car shop Wacky Mate also decided to shake down their newest creation, another RX7 FD. What made me interested with them is the RX7 is created and driven by Rock Suzuki, brother of Tsukuba's current time attack king, Under Suzuki.

As I almost finished my preps, those who know me immediately scrambles around the impromptu workshop and the S15. Of course, the question of "Hey, is that yours?" pops up immediately and repeatedly. I took some time to talk with them and introduce them to the S15 in depth, and overall everyone looks excited and was able to appreciate the S15. Some pros also took their time to check on my car, and they were also interested in it! I'm quite glad it can make a great first impression.
With the crowd slowly dispersing from my car and track temperature increasing, I decided to run the S15 right away. After having my first call of nature, renting a VBox device from the track staff, getting into my racing suit and getting used to the HANS device once more, I fired up the S15 for the first time in the circuit and rolled into the pits, waiting for the pit light to turn green as usual.
Pit lights turns green and I went off to the track for the S15's first outing. I guess I should add that this probably would be its only appearance without racing numbers. The weather is fine and friendly for the cars currently, but for the S15, because it sits on a relatively new tyres and the engine hasn't been run for more than a year, it'll need some time before they can heat up properly and synchronize with my driving rythm.
After some laps of heating the tyres and engine, I let myself loose and started my hot lap session. My first impression of the car is......it's actually rather mad, a bit faster than I expected. Well, I don't think jumping from a 450 BHP AWD car from 750 BHP RWD car is an easy task anyways. And there's the power as well: Despite me arguably ruining the weight distribution by putting an RB26 up ahead, the tail is noticeably still a bit tail-happy on initial laps and takes some time to get used to. I just can't mash the accelerator quickly anymore, this one needs a finer footwork.
After running for a while as I found the correct rythm to drive the car, the car starts to gel with my hands and reflexes. The aero package does the job surprisingly very well, and the Adva A048 tyres shows why it's one of the definitive motorsport tyres for the job. It sticks and gains grip even faster and better than the AD08R that I use on the SIlver Queen and Evo V, and combined with that huge rear wing provides solid grip on the back. The front bumper also keep the car under control, aided with the weight of the RB26 engine. Thankfully it doesn't produce much understeer as much as I feared.

Now, if only I can get A048s as daily tyres..........The reason of why I don't is not only they burn faster, they also performs badly in rainy condition. That's kinda expected since A0xx series (A048, A050, A052) is track-oriented, while ADxx (AD08, AD08R) is balanced between track and daily usage. Of course it won't be funny if I pick A048s for my Evo V only then to spin and slide in wet roads at high speed. Yes, even if it's an AWD car.
Chassis poise in the S15 is also spectacular, thanks to all the suspension upgrades, spot welding and the homemade rollcage that I and the boys at KS Garage made some time ago. The car felt quite flat around the corners of Tsukuba, almost no body roll can be felt so far as I can tell. I can also take higher speed around corners compared to my Silver Queen. The fear of understeering or snap oversteer though is still there.
At this point you're expecting me to talk about the engine right? Quite obviously the engine feels powerful and sprightly, and looks like it works quite nicely as well, thanks to the new oil pump repelling the famous early R32 RB26's engine lubrication problems. What should be highlighted here though is the transmission. Turns out the short shifters works much quicker than I expected! Thankfully I didn't mis-shift the S15 at all, but the speed and time of the gearshift really made my left hand and foot worked quite hard to match the engine revs and memorizing what gear I'm in. Indeed the vendors weren't kidding when they say you have to entirely re-learn driving manual cars when you got one of these equipped!
After around 20-24 laps around the track, I decided that's enough for the day, finished my hotlap and went back to the pits. I don't want to burn the A048s quickly and strain the RB26 before Attack Tsukuba, and I think so far I've got what it takes to drive the S15 consistently. With my session over, I went back to my impromptu work station, cool the car down, return the VBox, went off for second call of nature and get into a dry t-shirt and pants.
First outings for the S15 turned out to be a relative success, as I scored 57.184 as my best lap for the day. Still a bit far away from my target of 56 seconds, but it's absolutely impressive given the circumstances and I'm sure we're getting there in time. I spent the rest of the day talking with fellow drivers and gathering advices from the pros.......they were excited about the lap time as well, and gave me quite a lot of feedback for Attack :D

[18 Feb 2020]
With the S15 adaptation and debut run sorted, I think it is a good time to train my reflex and car control skills once more with another drift sesh. It's time to unleash the Meme Machine again, but instead of going to Ebisu as it usually does, this time we're going to Nikko instead, which is much closer to Tsukuba (and by extension, Tokyo). As usual, the Meme Machine is dispatched instead of the ER34 in fear of damages caused by drifft attempts, including........as you guessed it, wall taps.

I'm not really looking for wall taps today though, today's target is simply have myself control a high-powered car at a small, tight circuit. Granted, Tsukuba is much faster and slightly wider than Nikko, but that's the point: If I can handle a high powered car at Nikko, chances are I can do it at Tsukuba as well. Nikko is a heaven for low-powered cars and motorbikes, but it's actually quite a hell for high-powered cars. That's why their motorbikes and endurance championship is dominated by small sport bikes, kei cars and lightly tuned cars as opposed to superbikes and fully tuned cars.

After driving for a while through the traffic, I arrived at Nikko at brunch time. The track is already filled with bike racers and fellow drifters. Turns out today is a shared trackday between bikes and cars, with bikes running first. So after I parked the Meme Machine, I decided to have some banters with fellow drivers, spectators and some resting bikers. As you might remember I have some fascination on bikes, but I'm too big to ride one :lol: And yeah, the Meme Machine is still broken as always, I haven't had time to repair it. That includes the driver side front window as well, which was broken completely at Ebisu last year.
After lunchtime and the bikes have left the track, it's time for the cars to get into the track. I went back to the Meme Machine, rolled it to the pit exit and wait for the pit lights to turn green as usual.
Lights turn green and I went off in a flurry of oversteer, already attacking turn 1 in full force. Apparently with this much power I can build up enough momentum to get around the first set of turns, though the possibility of spinning is still huge.Steering a car as big as the X110 here is rather hard, just like in Ebisu Touge, but nevertheless I've made a good start.
After a while, my theory of this track being a hell for high-powered cars is confirmed to be half-true. Well for gripping, if you have your car being anywhere past 500 BHP, you're not going to get past 4th or even 3rd gear, except if you have short gear ratio. And this track definitely isn't designed for anything past 500 or 600 BHP, as you won't mash the accelerator often in your grip-tuned car. For drifting however, as you've seen all the time, it's quite a heaven for low and high powered car. Cars with low power doesn't need to build up much speed to get sideways and there's a lot of slow corners here, whereas high-powered car will enjoy transitioning quickly and holding longer drifts here. Just make sure you enter the corner in the correct speed though, it's actually still easy to overcook it here.
As the day passed by, the track got more crowded and basically almost the entire track got covered in tyre smoke as everyone went sideways and rowdy. I also got into several tandems and had a nice run, though this costs me even more dents in the doors and bumpers, to the point that the front bumper cracked and bent violently as you can see, as well as my reflex and awareness as sometimes I had to avoid cars spinning in front of me. All in all though, I'm okay with it. That's what the Meme Machine is for after all.
Later on though, the inevitable happened. All in a sudden my front bumper decided it had enough and fell off from the Meme Machine, right in my trajectory of drifting and split into pieces after the front wheels crushed it. Apparently there are some more cars behind me, and thus they also ran over the remnants of my front bumper, breaking it into a million smaller pieces. Ouch. I guess the damage already shows its effect on the Meme Machine, but I carried on nonetheless. (Also ignore the unfinished intercooler plumbing)
In general though the Meme Machine is still unfazed, though Ii really have to select the opportunity to have tandems now. I don't want to have another bump affecting the intercooler, particularly since, um, it's sourced from eBay which doesn't spell quality at all. It won't be funny if the intercoolers stop working, or worse, got bent after multiple tandem bashing.
Aaaaaand then more inevitable things happened. For the 14045th time in my drift hours, I spun while trying to drift. I lost both my focus and grip at the same time, resulting in yet another gravel bath for the Meme Machine. At least this time the barriers are far away from the track.
Shortly after, after another tandem bump whilst I lead a pack of drifters, the rear bumper decided to follow suit with the front one and fell off as we all drifting, crushed into yet another pieces of debris as well. With more of my car's parts falling on the track, I guess that (a)I've become an unwanted danger on the track and (b)It's probably the time that I should fix Meme Machine.
With Meme Machine's condition slowly deterioriating and myself getting tired going around Nikko, eventually I decided to call it a day and went back to the pits, both to have some rest before going back and to check the extent of the damage occured to the Meme Machine.
As I got off from the car, I immediately apologized to everyone for leaving debris on track and almost endangered other drivers. Thankfully everyone, including track staff seemed okay with that, since it's actually a common sight at Nikko. I was also spared from track damage bills as well since the asphalt is relatively new, so debris are easier to clean and won't do additional damage to both the track surface and other drivers. I'm so glad about that, though I actually could pay for it.

Afterwards I and several other drivers and spectators checked my car for damages. Turns out it is time to fix the Meme Machine indeed: Not only the front and rear bumpers are gone, the rear tyres are quite deteriorated as well. In fact the rear left tyres went through a slow, micro-sized puncture, which we assume occured near the end of my drift session. They aren't performance focused tyres after all. If you're wondering, they're stretched Yokohama Ecos, which is a economy-focused tyres compared to Advan tyres I usually use.

The front right arms, which I haven't had time to fix properly, starts to get some damage once more. The turbo seemed like it's going to give up as well, judging by the amount of smoke billowed from it. I'm not sure what happened though, but the turbines are still intact. Well, it's kinda expected from something sourced from eBay, but it's rather amazing how the turbo kit endured through several intense drift sessions.
With all the damage assessed, we all agree that it's not quite safe to bring this car back to my crib manually, particularly since, um, I left the stock wheels back at my crib, so I actually didn't bring any spares here. Thankfully I still saved the tow truck call number I received from Rantaro a year ago. And so, my day ended up with a journey back home with the Meme Machine on the tow truck bed.

With the Meme Machine almost officially going out from action for a while, I think it's time to finally repair it properly. I could buy the parts individually, but given how cheap X110s are, I might as well pick up a parts car and pull up the parts from them. And this also means the Meme Machine is thrown way back to the end of my project priority list. But as I'm going to get a parts car for it, watch this space. I might as well sell the parts car after removing the parts I needed for the Meme Machine....... ;)

[20 Feb 2020]
Nothing is better to start the day other than receiving parts for my Evo V! And since there are a lot of them+some of them requires machining, this means another visit to the KS garage for yet another mod feedback, suggestions and of course extra hand and tools on assembling the newly-bought mods. And so, after a quick brekkie before I continued my translation jobbie, I called Muza (@Niatross) as quick as possible, hoping he's not yet being busy in Omori Factory. Oh I might add, at this point all parts I've listed in the previous updates has been sold completely.

"Yo Muza, it's me Edo. Are you working right now?"
"Oh hey man, morning. We're about to start actually, anything I can help?"
"Okay I'll be quick. I've received some more parts for the Evo V"
"Ah you want us helping you install them right?"
"Exactly! So can I come over this afternoon?"
"Yeah, I'll tell Marc (@topy) and AJ (@RocketBunnyS13) about this as well"
"Ah yeah yeah, thanks for your help man, have a good day at work"
"See ya this afternoon"

Later that day, I loaded the Evo V on the Sprinter van and towed it all the way to the KS Garage in Tokyo as usual. After fighting through heavy afternoon traffic and heavy rainfall, I made it in time as Muza and Marc apparently also has just arrived at the garage. Sadly AJ had to work overtime this time so he can't join us on assembling the Evo. Before we start working on the Evo, we wheeled it inside the garage and cleaned it from rainwater.
With the cleaning session over, we started installing the parts one by one. First off, the Evo IX 6-speed transmission and parts regarding to it (flywheel, clutch, LSD etc.). The 6-speed manual transmission in Evo VIII and IX has the frustrating problem of lubrication design error, causing 4th and 6th gear to be under-lubricated. As a result, they tend to overheat very quickly and thus destroying themselves over time. A solution for this is machining the transmission oil line a bit, both for better flow and in this case, to allow the installation of the oil cooler, using the B&M Supercooler which can be used for either engine or transmission cooling. This way the transmission gets lubricated evenly, and by extension ensuring transmission longetivity. Marc has done this to his daily Evo VIII, so I'm pretty sure this works as well.

Mechanical wise my theory is prove to be true. The Evo IX transmission works like a charm on the Evo V, with not much modifications needed aside from the front subframe, front shaft, and north-south bar to fit the Evo IX transmission better. Shifting felt much more solid as well, being a fresh transmission with some strengthening upgrades. And just like the SIlver Queen, we decided to adjust the gear ratio to match that of the car's asphalt-spec WRC challenger counterpart, and adjusted the torque diff a bit rearwards.
Next up, the brakes. As you can read from the last update, I swayed from my usual Wilwood choice (though I still want Brembos, but they're pricey) and switched to Alcon CR6 brakes. Not only they're actually quite big enough to fit the 18 inch Volk ZE40 wheels, they're also strong enough for motorsport usage. The shop that shipped these brakes to me, Ross Sport, used these brakes for their Evos in various open class endurance racing around the British Isles, including Britcar 24 Hours at Silverstone circuit, so there's a solid credibility for these brakes. Additionally, Alcon also used to supply brakes for several F1 teams.
And finally, the exhaust assembly. Just like the transmission, it needed a bit of machining, but for a different reason. This time, it's because I chose different brands for the exhaust front pipe (Apexi) and the rest of the exhaust (HKS). Fitting the front pipe to the manifold is easy it's the exhaust that went a bit problematic as it turns out the front pipe made the overall exhaust length a bit longer than it should be.

I and Marc was contemplating on using hammers to force-fit the assembly, but just as we pretended to be Thor and Kratos before continuing our work, Muza gave us the idea of simply cutting the exhaust a bit and welding the end of it back to shorten the exhaust. Since we don't want to damage the exhaust too much, we went with the idea anyways. After some more hours of cutting and welding, with my pants almost on fire from grinder and welding fires, we finally finished the assembly. The resulting exhaust sound is a raspy, baritone-ish tone, courtesy of the huge Apexi GT front pipe and the sound-reducing HKS HiPower silent exhaust.
With the work done, we didn't immediately ended the day, but we took some time to have some hot coffee and nice chatter as we take some rest. Turns out it's not only I and Marc who will attend Attack Tsukuba, Muza will join as well with his M4! While Marc will run in the Turbo class and I will run in the Second class, Muza decided to run in the Radial class, which means he'll run alongside the Summer Yume Mirage and our favourite BMW, the Assist M4. I also pitched them an idea of a shared track day car, just like what Ross Sport did with their Proton Persona. While they do have a shared drift car in the form of AJ's S14 and S13, they haven't had one for the grip purpose.

Marc apparently also wants to build a rally car and compete in the national championship as well! Makes sense really, given he's a master of Evos, which made their name in the World Rally Championship. Even today, years after Evos stopped production and Group N class is slowly phased out from international rallying, many Evos from various generations are still flinging dirt and sliding around in various levels of rally racing around the world. But in order to confirm how we would build the car, we need to know the national rules as well.
And so, I hit up the national regulations and infos regarding the cars used for competing. So turns out Japan's national and regional (at least most of them) shares the same ruleset regarding cars that can be used in the races. Starting from last year, they separated the championship into six classes as follows:
[*]JN1 - FIA Group R5, Group R4, Group N and Group A8W, as well as AWD >2500cc JAF-certified road cars from 2010 onwards
[*]JN2 - FIA Group R3, Group R2, Group R1, and Group RGT, as well as 2WD >2500cc JAF-certified road cars from 2010 onwards
[*]JN3 - RWD <=2500cc road cars from 2006 onwards
[*]JN4 - FWD and AWD >1500cc - <2500cc road cars from 2006 onwards
[*]JN5 - FWD <=1500cc road cars from 2006 onwards
[*]JN6 - Any <=1500cc cars with automatic transmission from 2006 onwards or hybrid/electric cars

Turbocharged cars has their engine capacity multiplied by 1.7x
More information here and here

Car examples:
JN1 - Ford Fiesta R5, Toyota Etios Valco R4, Subaru Impreza JRM NR4, Mitsubishi Evo X Group N
JN2 - Citroen DS3 R3, Peugeot 208 R2, probably Nissan 370Z and Porsche 911 RGT
JN3 - Toyota 86, Mazda RX8 R3, Mazda Miata ND
JN4 - Honda Civic Type-R, Suzuki Swift Sport
JN5 - Toyota Vitz, Mazda Demio
JN6 - Toyota Mirai, Toyota Prius, Nissan Leaf
With that wide array of usable cars for the event, I and Muza are actually want to build our rally car as well. But with our extreme shortage of crew (mainly on co-driver), we decided that if we do this project, we'll start as a one-car team, with Marc as driver and I or Muza as co-driver.

I also shared my own next build plan, despite I already own a whopping 11 cars and some of them are unfinished. I've shared this some time ago, but well, here we go again:
So, uh, my right brain has gone absolutely wild again, and I've got several build ideas in my mind, despite as I said, I already have 11 cars in my stable, some of which has been sitting for a year and more, and some are not even undergoing the mod process yet. And I also still have to finish the Evo V as well. If you still want to know what Ii had in mind, then proceed with your own risk.........

Toyota Chaser LX90/LX100 - Experimental Drift Car
Well, on surface at least, this doesn't seem to ring any bells or make your eyebrows rise up violently. Yeah, there are already a lot of Mark II/Chaser/Cresta drift cars here and also in real life. But try to look at the chassis code once again, did you spot something odd about it? If you still didn't notice it, did you know that Mark IIs and Chasers are once sold with diesel engines as well? These Chasers and Mark IIs uses 2.4 liter 2L-TE turbodiesel SOHC engine, which is also used by Toyota Hiace, Hilux and Land Cruiser of their time, hence the LX code designation.

I'm actually not sure why they were marketed with diesel engines as well, and looks like the Japanese agreed as well, resulting in relatively low sales compared to the GX and JZX models. Performance-wise it's not really the brightest either, with engine power recorded at circa 90(!!) BHP, far beyond its GX and JZX cousins. But that's where the idea comes in: Can we make a diesel Chaser/Mark II drift? Admittably the idea of diesel drift car sin't new either, but have you seen one (a)using a Chaser/Mark II and (b)in Japan? It doesn't have to be a full-on build, just a grassroot one.

Also, if you still don't believe me that diesel Chasers and Mark IIs exists, just get over here.

Mercedes S-Class W140/W220 - Missile Drift Car
Merc drift cars isn't a new thing either, but they're usually based on C or E-Class cars. How about an S-Class? "But um, Smoke, they're huge cars! It's not easy to bring them sideways!" Well so does the Mark II family and Crown, and Nissan Cima/Cedric, so flinging an S-Class sideways is just a matter of training and adaptation. Obviously I'm not gonna use the V8 or V12 variant, that's just too cruel actually and maintenance would be like a trip to hell and back, both pratically and financially.

The choice here is between the W220 or W140 models. The W220 is selected because apparently they're rather abundant and seemingly being not so loved worlwide, including Japan, hence them being dirt cheap the last time I checked for some, particularly the V6 variants. As for the W140, admittably I had a soft spot for this car and its wooden interior. And my friend Rantaro owns one as well, so parts and mod consulting shouldn't be a problem.

Honda Civic EF/EG6/any EJ/just about any Civic - FF drifter
Again, not a new idea, but I'm always intrigued on how to do it. I can hear drift purists and keyboard warriors shouting "hurrrr durrr that's not how you drift it's not the correct way it's RWD all the way blablabla raindrops droptops gucci gang tri poloski!" while possibly preparing molotov bombs to throw at me. But hey, there are some in Japan, so why not? I also want to be like Jean Ragnotti who could throw just about anything sideways, even in his old self today. Even Genki's racing games like TXRD and Racing Battle C1GP has you drifting FWD cars at times! While I could use just about any FWD car in existence, I think Honda Civic are cheap and suitable platform to pull it.

Nissan Cima Y33 - Dailyable Grassroot Drifter
Well, I already got two big body drifters, which are the HR34 and X110. The HR34 however hasn't seen so much action ever since I bought the X110, since it shares the same purpose of drifting. The HR34 is also underpowered compared to the X110, and currently someohow it's not really like to be turboed as it backfires quite a lot. The plan for the HR34, other than new wheels and proper coilovers is either upgrade it to use RB25DE........or replace it with an equally big but much more laid-back sedan.

The Cima Y33 has much more luxury aura and look than the HR34, and although suitable for drifting, you don't see them a lot compared to R34 sedans. Equipped with 4.1 liter V8 engine, it also has bigger and more powerful engine as well, though I'm not sure if the parts for it are as abundant as the HR34.

Honda CR-V 1st gen - Kanjo build #2
Currently I already got a Kanjo build, and an unusual one, which is a Daewoo Tico which I want to put a Honda D16 VTEC inside it. This time however, I felt like to go for another Kanjo build, and it's a Honda one. But if you think I'd pick another bread-and-butter Civic, you'd be wrong. Why not try a CRV? They came with Honda B20B as standard so that's a good start. Okay, while it's not a VTEC engine, fitting a B16 or B18 VTEC head to a B20B is a popular mod so there would be quite a lot of guide on how to do it. Another reson on why I pick a first-gen CR-V is because of the RUN-CRV racecar build, which is bone stock yet still can snag an endurance racing victory.
We discussed until late night as time passed quite quickly for us. When we were finished, we realized we've ran out of coffee, so we decided to call it a day and parted ways.

And now, time to chec the wallet:
► Show Spoiler

That's all my updates for now, thank you for stopping by and see you soon!

Visit my RP HERE!
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

Damn S15 look beast at track, speaking of it somewhere kept reminder myself to do my S2k track day...
But, I'm pumped your planned action, imagine rolling coal Chaser drifter? :lol:

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
Lagano
Gangster

Yoooo looks like the S15 runs perfectly, you made a lap in 57 seconds in your first try!!! I can only imagine the potential after you get some more experience driving it. :D You're getting experience on drift events as well, i see, pretty fun times with the Meme Machine but it might as well be time to fix it now. :P All that matters is that it's sorted out on the inside! And the Evo, woah, seems like it's becoming a full blown racecar with all those mods too! Can't wait to see that one on the track. Also some epic project ideas you got there, but 11 cars is quite a lot to handle and some of them still need work! (coming from a guy with even more :lol:)
BigSmoke
Hitman

SimplifyHerb wrote:
01 Mar 2020 21:44
Damn S15 look beast at track, speaking of it somewhere kept reminder myself to do my S2k track day...
But, I'm pumped your planned action, imagine rolling coal Chaser drifter? :lol:
Well, do it! :D As for the Chaser, gotta finish the rest of the project first
Lagano wrote:
02 Mar 2020 20:14
Yoooo looks like the S15 runs perfectly, you made a lap in 57 seconds in your first try!!! I can only imagine the potential after you get some more experience driving it. :D You're getting experience on drift events as well, i see, pretty fun times with the Meme Machine but it might as well be time to fix it now. :P All that matters is that it's sorted out on the inside! And the Evo, woah, seems like it's becoming a full blown racecar with all those mods too! Can't wait to see that one on the track. Also some epic project ideas you got there, but 11 cars is quite a lot to handle and some of them still need work! (coming from a guy with even more :lol:)
Well I was expecting slightly better, but yeah it's a good news indeed :D Time to fix the Meme Machine indeed, I've been neglecting its health for quite long now. I guess I gotta curb my ideas for now to give time to fix and build the rest :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!
FranklinAnderson
Gangster

GODDAMN SMOKEY!
THAT S15 IS SICK, IT'S LIKE AN INJECTION OF LED ZEPPELIN IN MY GODDAMN ARM, OH MY GOD!
Mad props to you my friend! Lovin the result!
Current Money : $41073

Roleplay info below...
► Show Spoiler
Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)
dariws
Associate

57.1 it's pretty amazing to me,considering the fact that you aimed for that 56.So keep up and good luck at Tsukuba.
Looks like a lot of fun that Meme Machine. :lol: I love it.
BMW E39 530i ● M54B30 231HP ● 2003
BMW E36 328i ● M52B28 193BHP ● 1997
BigSmoke
Hitman

dariws wrote:
04 Mar 2020 17:20
57.1 it's pretty amazing to me,considering the fact that you aimed for that 56.So keep up and good luck at Tsukuba.
Looks like a lot of fun that Meme Machine. :lol: I love it.
Thanks my man! Glad you like the Meme Machine as well :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!
Nightkid
Gangster

oh my i’m in love with the S15 , great job ! Also congrats on 57.1 man !
BigSmoke
Hitman

FranklinAnderson wrote:
04 Mar 2020 17:08
GODDAMN SMOKEY!
THAT S15 IS SICK, IT'S LIKE AN INJECTION OF LED ZEPPELIN IN MY GODDAMN ARM, OH MY GOD!
Mad props to you my friend! Lovin the result!
Nightkid wrote:
07 Mar 2020 10:49
oh my i’m in love with the S15 , great job ! Also congrats on 57.1 man !
Yoooooo glad you guys like it! :D

Visit my RP HERE!