V$ BigSmoke's Bizzare Builds and Life

BigSmoke
Gangster

31 Dec 2019 17:53

(Some pics are taken from Side to Side crew)

Finally, it's time for the final update of the year (and the decade as well)!
First off, I guess you already know what happened......so it's time to tell it from my own perspective.
And right at the new year's eve, I completed Kaede's final piece of mod and celebrate the eve in it!
And oh, of course I get to hag once more with the good boys for one more time!
So what are you waiting for? Let's celebrate by delving into the update below! :D

[26 Dec 2019, later that night]
After a long and intense sim racing sesh, I and Ziga (@Lagano) decided to end the day and get some sleep. But............

"Hey Ziga, you can sleep in my room as well. Not sure if we can share the bunk though"
"Nah nah nah I'll sleep downstairs, sofa is enough for me"
"You sure? At least get some blankets man" *passes blanket*
"Hey that's quite nice of you, thanks"
"Sure, now let me just lock the doo-"
"Wait nonono! I might go for a late night cruise later"
"Oh would you? I might join, but I'm quite tired right now so yeah, go on without me"
"Ah okay"
"Bring us something for breakfast if you do, will ya?"

And so, I was sleeping like a log.

[27 Dec 2019]
But then, some time later, my body felt heavier than usual and it feels like I'm being stretched. I tried to open my eyes, only to see a vague vision of some men. At this point I realized my head is stuffed into something and I was being kidnapped. Naturally I tried to scream and move, but then I heard a familiar voice.

"Sorry bro, mouth gag"

The next thing I know, my mouth was flex-taped and I was shoved into something, probably a car. Aat least those who kidnap me was kind enough to give a oxygen mask, but I simply planned to get some more sleep inside, since I'll probably die in the process and they won't get me alive if I did. And because they simply interrupt my sleep, which is one of several things that offended me the most.

Some time later, I was rudely awakened again, as they dragged my body off somewhere and then put be back against something, probably a concrete wall. After a massive laughter was heard, they removed the bag my head was covered in. As I tried to gather my consciousness, everythign was quite dark but I could see @Benny at the vicinity. As I lamenting the situation I'm thrown in, I began to question just about everything.

"S**t, where are we?"
"We're in the forest, man!" *laughter*
"What, the one near Tsukuba Fruits Line?"
"How should I know? You're the local here, you should've known!"
"Eh f**k it, I could call my friends-" *realized I didn't have my phone* "Ah s**t......"
*laughter* "Well looks like you have to walk home then! Get off here, now!"
*gets up and takes first steps* "Screw you mate, I'll make it-wait..........."

At this point I found out we weren't in the forest at all. The sunrise revealed we were in the Tsukuba Circuit! And there were several cars already parked in the paddock. There were also Ziga, Muza (@Niatross) and Adrianne (@RocketBunnyS13). I instantly lashed at them as I held my laughter.
"Happy birthday Smoke!"
"OI! WHAT THE F**K IS THIS!? YOU GUYS ALMOST KILLED ME FOR GOD'S SAKE!" *giggles*
*laughter* "Surprise, kiddo! How'd you like that experience!"
"NO! I DON'T LIKE IT A SINGLE BIT! And that's too early for my birthday! But what's with all the cars here?"
"That's the surprise as well! Behold, a huge collection of Skylines right in front of your eyes!"
"Oh my......" *laughter* "You didn't have to go that far man! I love this already!"

Alongside Adrianne's R34 GT-T and Benny's R33 which they used to transport myself, there are quite a lot of legendary Skylines gathering around. There's a legit (but stripped from liveries) C10 and C110 racecar from the early Japan GP days, a legit Nismo 400R, a R34 Z-Tune replica, and a custom VR38-swapped R34. Benny and co. allowed me to look around and admire those cross-generation collections.
But the fun didn't stop there. Turns out I got the chance to ride shotgun with the C10, C110 and the R34! Along the ride I was quite happy and giggling like a child with a new toy. The C10, better known as Hakosuka ("Boxy Skyline", due to the obvious bodyshape) for the fans, is quite significant not only to me, but also Japanese motorsport in general. For starters, it's the first Skyline adorned with GT-R badge. For racing purpose the S20 engine was strengthened and powered up significantly, resulting in a proper, fit-for-purpose sportscar and endurance racing dominator, despite only having 160 BHP. It won a lot of domestic races before the domination streak was broken with an equally legendary car, the Madza RX-3.

The C110 was built as a replacement to the C10 and an answer to the RX-3. Sadly though, the 70s global oil crisis means car sales was severely affected, causing major financial losses everywhere, including at Nissan. To keep themselves alive, Nissan had to axe their motorsport program for a while, and this also results in C110 production being halted. There are only 197 legit road-version C110 GT-Rs in this world, some which has been sadly wrecked as well. Speaking of which, I'm sure you already know the C110 was called "Kenmeri" or "Ken-Mary", since the advert of the car features a couple, who was named, well, Ken and Mary. If you want to see these adverts, look no further:
As for the VR38 R34........I don't think it needs any explanations, really. But it's not a new kind of build either. You see, at least in South Africa (I'm not joking!), the Van Zummeren family has done it first. Wade Van Zummeren has an R34 with VR38 inside it, plus HKS 4.2L stroker kit. Usually Wade uses it as drift car, but at times it serves as a hillclimb racer as well. His dad, Martin, also races an R34 as well as a pro hillclimb racer, although Martin's R34 retains the RB26 engine, combined with HKS stoker kit as well. You can see bith of them in action here (Wade's the top one, Martin's at the bottom):

And no, the fun didn't stop there either. After all these shotgun rides, there's one more treat Benny prepared for me.

"How's the ride?"
"AMAZING!"
"I hope you haven't tired yet and eager for more because we still got one more thing"

Turns out Benny asked his good friend and mentor, Megure-san to rent the circuit for the morning and brought several cars he built here as well. Megure-san has tuned quite a lot of cars along his lifetime, and high performance exotics are his forte, whether it's Japanese, European or American. Megure though prefers European ones as these are what made him famous and what paid him the most in return.

M:"Oh, so this is the kid you're talking about?"
B:"Yep, that's him" *glanced to me* "Hey kiddo, say hi to Megure-san here. He has the keys to your next treat"
E:"Ah, um, pleased to meet you Megure-san. Or can I call you Megure-sensei instead?"
M:"......I think I'll be okay with that, just call me Megure please"
E:"Ah, sorry, I always call tuners as sensei. I mean, you've created quite a lot of performance cars"
M:"Aaaah, I see. Anyways, Benny told me to allow you drive these things. See that Ferrari over there?"
E:"Yes-wait, A FERRARI?"
M:"Yes. And I'm sure you know what's next to it"
E:"Oh yes yes, a Pagani Huayra"
M:"Yep, you got to drive that as well. Just bring them back in one piece. And oh, happy birthday"
E:"Um, it's still a week to my birthday, but thank you very much sensei.Does anyone got helmets and gloves?"
And so, I grabbed the keys to the Ferrari and set off. This is the F12, which Benny somewhat called the F12 GTO. Well there was speculations about an F12 GTO, but the car in question ended up as the F12tdf, one of my favourite modern Ferraris. Or this could be one of those special ultra-limited edition Ferraris.......anyways, this F12 has been adorned with quite a lot of expretise by Megure-san, including custom front lip and a rear wing resembling the one from 599XX track day racer. Performance wise he meddled with the ECU and heads, and also fitted a screamy Novitec exhaust. What a machine!
The F12 follows Ferrari's long-running traditional format of V12 engine being up front powering the rear wheels only. This formula also applied to a lot of their famous cars, including the 250 GTO, 550 Maranello, 599, 612 Scaglietti and now the 812. Fun fact: There was a dispute between Ferrari and Italian Motorsport Association regarding the homologation of the 250 GTO for races. As a result, while the dispute was going on, Ferrari refused to represent Italy in motorsports and at one time got rid of their iconic red paint scheme. This results in Ferrari attending the 1964 American and Mexican GPs not as Ferrari, but rather as one of their customer, North American Racing Team (NART). And not only that, they also raced in American white-blue paint scheme instead of the usual red as aformentioned. Their spearhead, John Surtees, sealed the world champion title in the Mexican GP, therefore cementing him as the only world champion who sealed his title in a Ferrari that isn't red.
► Show Spoiler
And speaking of the F12tdf, the name 'tdf' refers to the, you might already guessed it, Tour de France. No, not the bicycle race. Back then, there was a car racing version of it, called the Tour de France Automobile. As you can guess, it's a long race around French cities and countrysides, similar to Targa Florio, Mille Miglia, or Carrera Panamericana. TdF isn't the only bike race that once had a car racing counterpart. Giro d'Italia also once has their own version, called Giro d'Italia Automobilistico. Back then, the 250 GTO won the 1963 and 1964 TdF Automobile, and the F12tdf was made to commemorate these wins. As the acronym 'TdF' was already patented by themselves and UCI, they had to use it in all lowercase.
With the F12tdf laps over, I switched to the Huayra. The Huayra (and Zonda) is a half-Italian, half-German supercar, being designed and built in Italy and powered with Mercedes V12 engine. And a bit of fun fact: Pagani's founder, Horacio Pagani himself is half-Italian, half-Argentinian. His dad is an Italian who lives in Argentina. Pagani himself went to Italy back in 1982 to work for Lamborghini. A decade later, Pagani found his own car company, and struggled for another seven years to built the first Zonda. So far there hasn't been any official Pagani effort in racing, but there has been some customers who raced Paganis with Horacio's blessing and assistance. And of course there's also the Zonda R and Zonda Revolucion.
The Huayra is Pagani's second car after the Zonda, which has ceased production for long (unless you offered them an ubiquitous sum of money to build a one-off for you.......). It's named after Huayra Tata, a deity in Incan mythology, which is hailed as the god of wind. It makes sense why they call the car with that name: Not only it's more aerodynamic and flows better visually than the Zonda, it's also the first Pagani to have an active aero, via the flaps at the rear which help you control the car as you turn.
The hot lap was quite fun as I was able to push both cars to their limits, and I'm glad I can bring them all home safely. Though I'm not sure if driving those only in a tee and tracksuit is a good thing :lol: At least they're kind and concerned enough to lend me a helmet, gloves and boots. And as if the surprise occasion wasn't completed yet, Benny approached me once again after I went off the Huayra and recovered myself.

"Hey, remember that R32 GTS-t I showed you back then?"
"Um, yea, a bit"
"You see that blue R32 over there?"
"Yea, what about it?"
"That's the GTS-t now, and it's yours to keep. Free of charge"
"OH REALLY? That's too kind of you, but I can't-"
"Just. Take. It. There's no space in our garage anyways and we've modded it to your taste"
"Damn man, I'm not sure how could I return the favor"
"Ehh, just work on my cars that is all. Oh one more thing, Muza open the trunk please"

The trunk was fullfilled with apple pies and egg tarts, two of my favourite snacks back in my homeland. They really overkilled the surprise, I could literally live on these for a month! And with Muza handing the keys to the R32, it's now officially mine.
So far what Benny and co. had done to the R32 is giving it a fresh Bbayside Blue paintjob, fit Gram Lights 57TC wheels and fresh factory brakes, get all of these GT-R bodykits and give the RB20DET a proper intercooler kit. Now though, one question arises: What should I do with this car? I've got myself quite a lot of daily runners, two track weapons, a grassroot drifter (that only went sideways thrice), a proper drift misile and one stancey boi. I could try a expressway racing build, but not only I don't really like street racing, the RB20DET are obviously not really up for the job, and I don't have any money for another RB26.......yet.
With the prank and surprise session over, we headed back to our cribs. And since there are quite a lot of pies and tarts inside the car, Muza told me to drive carefully so I won't destroy them. What is this, an advancd version of Takumi's tofu delivery? :lol:

[31 Dec 2019]
It's the final day of the year! We all planned to spend the new year's eve together tonight at KS HQ, and this time, I won't bring the Silver Queen. Instead, I'd like to bring Kaede instead and enjoy the frosty Tokyo evening together with everyone. But first thing first, I gotta complete one thing I missed from the shopping list: A wooden steering wheel for Kaede. Time to check the local Super Autobacs if there's one!
Fortunately there was one Momo Heritage Indy on the store, priced at V$240. There was Nardi Torinos as well, but I like the Momos better. And also because I mainly use Momo steering wheels as well in my cars. After I went back to my crib I quickly install the steering wheels and rewire them so the horns can still work on the new wheel. After some hours of rewiring and installing the wheel, here it is. Suits the car's laid-back character better don't you think?
Later that night I went to the KS garage early. Marc (@topy), Muza and Adrianne are already there, but Ziga and Franklin (@FranklinAnderson) weren't there yet, so we decided to spend the time remaining by going to downtown Tokyo and buy everything we need for the new year celebration. Spirits were high as we all ride around Tokyo inside Kaede with open top, blasting various music inside the car as we stroll around the ever-crowded Shibuya.
And finally, after Ziga and Franklin came to the garage, we all waiting for the year and decade to switch as we all light up fireworks, grill up BBQs and pass around various drinks along the night. 2019 has been a huge and awesome year for me, and definitely the year where my dreams come true and I ascended to a higher reality. Here's for an even better and faster 2020! :D

And finally, the final wallet calculation of the year!
► Show Spoiler

That's all my updates for now, thank you for stopping by and see you soon!
Last edited by BigSmoke on 02 Jan 2020 06:28, edited 1 time in total.

Benny
Associate

31 Dec 2019 18:50

Well Kiddo I am glad you had a blast, and I am not a single bit sorry for kidnapping your fat ass :P
Cars in RP:
Lamborghini Aventador
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
Toyota Supra A80 (EU Spec)
Nissan 180SX

Click here to go to my RP!
Make sure you visit our store as well, press on banner below!

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

01 Jan 2020 12:32

LOok like, you having blast time at track, and you are damn lucky having R32, I'm sure your driveway getting full with vehicles. You need garages one day. :lol:
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13457
RP location; Osaka, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RP's Angel's (My GF) vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RP's My previous owned vehicle:
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

01 Jan 2020 13:04

Benny wrote:
31 Dec 2019 18:50
Well Kiddo I am glad you had a blast, and I am not a single bit sorry for kidnapping your fat ass :P
Well how does lifting 95 kgs of meat and bones feel to ya? :lol: Either way thanks for everything! :D
Buzzsaw wrote:
01 Jan 2020 12:32
LOok like, you having blast time at track, and you are damn lucky having R32, I'm sure your driveway getting full with vehicles. You need garages one day. :lol:
I should invest in one indeed, I can't let my cars scatter around my driveway and the lot across my crib :lol:
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!

NotPerfect
Gangster

01 Jan 2020 17:58

OwO ayy damn you had a big blast on your bd that's sick !!! Ayy i've got the same nardi for my 180 uwu really be lookin cleeeaan and ayy happy new year :D

Roleplay cars :

BMW E36 316i - Seat time drift car
Nissan PS13 Onevia - D1GP spec drift car

Lagano
Gangster

01 Jan 2020 18:06

That might've been a bit rough for you but hey, at least it was fun and hella worth it. Happy new year my man!! :D

BigSmoke
Gangster

02 Jan 2020 07:14

NotPerfect wrote:
01 Jan 2020 17:58
OwO ayy damn you had a big blast on your bd that's sick !!! Ayy i've got the same nardi for my 180 uwu really be lookin cleeeaan and ayy happy new year :D
I told you it's still a week to my birthday, but hey thanks :D
Lagano wrote:
01 Jan 2020 18:06
That might've been a bit rough for you but hey, at least it was fun and hella worth it. Happy new year my man!! :D
Happy new year as well, and thanks :D

Visit my RP HERE!

alex876
Associate

04 Jan 2020 15:43

S chassis looks great bro
ROLEPLAY

BigSmoke
Gangster

04 Jan 2020 16:41

alex876 wrote:
04 Jan 2020 15:43
S chassis looks great bro
Hey thanks man :D

Visit my RP HERE!

Niatross
Gangster

06 Jan 2020 12:08

I was expecting you'd whip out an AK47 or smth and noscope all of us bc we absolutely made mincemeat of ur personal space that day :lol:
Hope u like the R32 tho! i made sure it gets top treatment over at Nismo Omori with the paintjob and service etc. :)

As for Kaede the vert, that thing looks fresh as ever with the beige interior and the wooden wheel only compliments it more!

BigSmoke
Gangster

07 Jan 2020 16:05

Niatross wrote:
06 Jan 2020 12:08
I was expecting you'd whip out an AK47 or smth and noscope all of us bc we absolutely made mincemeat of ur personal space that day :lol:
Hope u like the R32 tho! i made sure it gets top treatment over at Nismo Omori with the paintjob and service etc. :)

As for Kaede the vert, that thing looks fresh as ever with the beige interior and the wooden wheel only compliments it more!
No, I should've whipped out a railgun :lol: But hey thanks! And aaah I see, that explains the high quality paint job and fresher look :D

And I know you'll like the idea of Kaede having beige interior! ;)

Visit my RP HERE!

BigSmoke
Gangster

11 Jan 2020 18:19

Birthday Presents
(some pics are taken from Franklin's RP thread)

Time for the first update of the year! But first, a little bit of rewind to the final week of the last decade.
Turns out I'm not the only one receiving a brand new car as a gift! :lol:
And there's also the first trackday of the decade, and finally the S15 build progress continues!
As usual, let's find out what happened by delving into the update below!

[Rewind to the night of 26 Dec 2019]
Before I went to sleep that night, unaware of the upcoming terror at the next day (read my previous update to see what kind of terror it was), Franklin (@FranklinAnderson) messaged me and Ziga (@Lagano) on our separate phones. It looks like he needed help on a project, but what is it?

"Ay Biggie, keepin' busy I hope"
"Eh not really, I'm gonna sleep, but sup yo"
"Ah I see, but hear me out. I bought an R33 GT-R"
"Oh wew, you added another R33 to your collection"
"Nah, it's not for me"
"Eh?"
"I heard Muza (@Niatross) wanted an R33, so I'm going to buy him one"
"Hey that's so kind of you, I should say. But uhh......what does this has to do with me?"
"Let's get straight to the problem. It's been crashed"
"Ouch, any pics? You can't just give him a heap of scrap"
"Hold up" *sends an image of the R33*
"Ah thank god it's not a major loss. Yeah a little bit of straightening and it should be fine"
"Exactly!"
"Now though Biggie, since I've purchased the car, I need you to buy parts for it"
"Wait WHAT? Only me?"
"Nah of course not, everyone's involved as well, including Muza"
"Wait, you've told Muza as well?"
"That I need his help on assembly? Yes. That the R33 is going to be his? Nope"
"Aaaah okay that makes sense now. But you see, I'm currently saving for my own car as well"
"Oh come on, it's just a small part!"
"How small is it?"
"Dash assembly and steering wheel. I'll link it to you for the price" *sends used car parts link*
"Ah okay, V$600 seems plausible, but no more than that please"
"Wait, one more thing. Could you help me to register the car as well afterwards?"
"Sure, that I can do, since you're in Osaka and I'm the most fluent in Japanese between us all"
"Thanks Biggie, goodnight man"

After the rather lengthy message, I went off to sleep. And by this point you'll know what happened afterwards :lol:

[28 Dec 2019]
I went off to Osaka to pick up the interior parts and help Franklin assembly the R33. Since I've got a brand new (and FREE! Once again, read previous update) car courtesy of @Benny and co. at the previous day, which is an R32 GTS-t, I decided to take it for the long run immediately. So far, driving it around urban areas (by taking myself back home with it after Muza passed the key to me) felt quite nice, with the car receiving refreshing treatment thanks to Muza and his Nismo crew, with the RB20DET being rather rev-happy and delivering sufficient torque everytime I asked for it. Now though, it's time to see how far I can push the RB20 on faster and more demanding conditions. Time to kick up some music.

"Um, Smoke, you sure that's a GTS-t? Isn't that a GT-R?" No, that's a GTS-t. If you actually think this is a GT-R, didn't I've said read the previous update? :lol: As you can see, it's not a bone stock car........well, partly. The R32 has received the famous Bayside Blue paint from the R34 catalogue, new re-upholstered seats, new factory period-correct brakes, these GramLights 57TC wheels, those GT-R bodykits, and a proper intercooler kit for the RB20. Everything else though (including the brakes), is still bone-stock. That means there's a chance of the car riding like a jelly in high speeds, which is something you absolutely don't want to happen.
Speaking about the RB20, it's one of the cheapest entry to the amazing world of RB machines. They're normally residing inside an R31, non GT-R R32, base R33 and R34, Nissan Cefiros, Nissan Laurels, Fairlady Z31, and, of all things imaginable, New Zealand-spec Holden Commodore VL. The RB20 is quite famous as a cheap engine for all your grassroot motorsport needs, be it grip racing, drifting, drag racing. In fact the RB20 served once as a race engine as well, powering R31 GTS-R Group A racer along its lifetime. If you're an avid drift scene follower, you'll know Alexi/Noriyaro's R32 has RB20DET as well. If you're bored of droney or rorty inline 4 engine sound in your daily car, RB20 is a great choice as well, as y'know, the sound is not that different from that sweet RB25 or RB26 sound.

Problem is, if you're looking for competitive, high-power engines, the RB20 is not the answer. It simply can't go for higher power figures (which is usually agreed at 500+ BHP) without turning itself into a big box of molotov grenade. At this stage an upgrade to an equally cheap RB25 is recommended. Or if you're an Aussie, either that or RB30, since it powered the Aussie-spec Commodore VL. This is also the exact reason why the R31 was easily got curb-stomped and steamrolled in touring car races around the world. To solve this, Nissan created a new car and a brand new engine, which you'll know as the R32 GT-R and RB26DETT engine.
As I approached the expressway, I opened the taps on the R32 and RB20DET. According to Muza, other than the intercoler addition, the engine is stock but still brand new, so it could muster around 215-220 BHP, which is a nice figure way back then, but rather lacking for today standards. Still, could be worse: The base R32, the R32 GXi, came with a CA18i (yes, you read that correctly and it exists) and only produces 90 BHP. Even your average family car nowadays can top that! :lol: On the other end of the spectrum, the R32 has a limited edition version created by Autech. It's only available as an auto sedan, but it's equipped with AWD drivetrain and RB26DE. Yup, just like a GT-R, minus the twin turbo and with more doors. And yet, it only produced 217 BHP. You can top it up with a regular R32 sedan and some bolt-on mods!

Just as I expected, the RB20 performed smoothly, but being a bone-stock engine it's quite quick to reach its peak. Granted, it's not an RB25 or RB26, but being an RB engine, this felt rather weak for me. If you're a sensible driver or you just want to hear that glorious baritone sound, an RB20 is enough. But as I've said, if you're a thrill-seeker or speed freak, you'll need to upgrade to an RB25 or RB26. The intercooler works at least, which means I can floor it all the way without worrying about overheating, though I had to hold back once the engine touches the redline. At least though, the suspension is stable and healthy, making the car sit rock solid with not a lot of roll everytime I changed lanes.
After some hours of nursing the RB20, keeping myself awake and picking up the R33 parts at Osaka suburbs, I arrived at Franklin's garage, where everyone was going to start the work for the day. The crew for the day cosisted of me, Franklin, Muza, Benny, Adrianne (@RocketBunnyS13), Marc (@topy) and Dominika (@Nightkid). At this point I only realized Franklin told me to buy a non-airbag version of the dash and steering wheel, which made me worried a bit as we worked on the R33.

"Hey Franklin, a question"
"Yeah, shoot"
"Is this the non-airbag dash? And why?"
"Well......" *points to the ripped airbag inside the R33*
"Ah yes that makes sense. Right, I'll remove them and get this on"
"Great, put the airbag outside the car later"
"I guess you know what they say........we'll die like a real men. I don't want any head injuries though"
With the restoration job finished hours later, we bid our goodbyes and returned to our cribs. As I made my way back to the crib while preventing the RB20 from topping up too much, I began to shape my plans for the R32. Bodykit-wise it's already fitting what I wanted it to be (OORP: There aren't much alternative kits in the mod anyways). For the wheels, I might swap it with Nismo LMGT1s, so it'll resemble the Group A racer version. As for the engine and trans.........
Option 1
Just give it an RB25DET plus slightly improved stock RWD 5-speed transmission. Or if I could, I could try fitting the RB26DETT exhaust manifold and turbos to form an RB25DETT. Not sure how it'll end up, but I'm confident this is possible.

Option 2
I guess you've predicted what this one would be: An RB26DETT! For the transmission, it would be either Z33 6-speed transmission to keep things simple and cheap, or if I've got the money and knowledge to install it (I know AWD conversion is difficult), a proper Getrag 5-speed trans plus the entire HICAS AWD system

Option 3
This one is reserved should I wanted it to be a mad machine. You see, an RB26 is quick enough, but how about an RB30? Granted, they're only available in SOHC form by standard, but it still can be combined with RB26 or RB25 head, therefore forming an RB30DET or RB30DETT. It's not a really new formula, as at least there are two similar builds that have been done. Might use Z33 transmission as I can't imagine how difficult it would be to fit HICAS AWD to an RB30.
And also depending on the power figure at the end of the project, I might need to strip and cage the car......I'd say once it went past 500 BHP.

[31 Dec 2019]
As you've read at the previous update, I went to KS garage to celebrate new year's eve together. After I, Muza, Adrianne and Marc went out for a while to Shibuya in Kaede the vert, Ziga and Franklin finally came to the garage. And of course, Franklin brought the R33 to the garage. It's looking quite gorgeous now, far different from when we all first saw it, repainted in factory deep marine blue paint.
After some time of chit-chats, we realized we brought back nothing from Shibuya, and both Ziga and Franklin must be hungry.

Mu:"Well I should admit we were outside some time ago, but we brought nothing back here"
Z:"Aww maaaan"
F:"Oh hey, how about we go outside once more? Is that okay with you?"
E:"It's okay for me. The traffic though......hey AJ, do you know any shortcuts?"
A:"I do, but given the occassion today, we can't expect much"
E:"That's what I'm saying. I don't want to celebrate new year in the midst of a traffic jam"
Mu:"Well I don't mind either. As long as it isn't snowing hard"
Z:"Right, let's go then, I guess waiting here won't help matters"

And so, we went out once more around Shibuya, with I, Adrianne, Marc and Ziga inside Kaede, while Muza and Franklin are inside the R33 behind us. As I've predicted, traffic was quite crowded, but we're still able to move freely downtown. After some time going around downtown looking for a proper place to have dinner, we finally stopped at a restaurant and had a big feast of yakiniku. Hilarity ensues as we trid to flip the meats, shrimps and squids only using chopsticks, and we almost ran out of butter in the end :lol:
After the big feast, we were trapped in traffic on the way back, but nevertheless we made it back right on time before the countdown to new year starts. As I and Ziga prepped the fireworks, Franklin prepped for his surprise. And finally as the decade changed, Franklin handed the keys to the R33 GT-R to Muza. It's now officially his, and it's now the first addition of the year to the KS garage.

As we enjoyed the first hours of the decade, we partied some more as the skies were filled with fireworks from all directions. I wonder how will Franklin go back to Osaka though?

[01 Jan 2020]
Since Benny wasn't coming to our celebration the previous night, I decided to give him a nice call to celebrate the new decade.

"Hey Benny, it's Smoke. Happy New Year bossman"
"Eh, I don't really celebrate new years, but yeah, happy new year to everyone as well"
"Oh you didn't? Is that why you weren't with Ziga last night?"
"Exactly. It's just another year and another day for me"
"Ah don't be such a downer bossman. Anyways, you wanna go for another trackday?"
"Eh? Another one?"
"Kind of. I think I can improve your driving a little bit more. Get ZIga as well, I'll get Muza and AJ"
"Ah, okay, sure.......what should I bring there?"
"S2K. Should be an effective learning tool since we got no AE86s or Miatas"
"Good idea actually"
"Right, see you tomorrow"
"See ya"

Yep, I planned to extend the celebration a bit by having another trackday. We can't do it this time since it's snowing outside, so I opted to wait for the next day to be sunny, or at least not being snowy. After Muza and AJ agreed to join us as well, I spent the rest of the day hitting my books and various websites as I build the track training regime everyone will go under. My focus though is on Benny, since at the last trackday I can catch up with him at corners despite him driving a much faster car.

[02 Jan 2020]
I woke up a bit earlier than usual, so Ii could have a rather peaceful preparations as usual and a proper breakfast. You know the drill: Get some shower, don a denim, t-shirt and hoodie, get into the racing shoes, and prepare the gloves and helmet. For breakfast I tried something new, which is.......a loaf of toasted bread plus a sunny-side up egg and a cup of tea. Simple, but effective to go for at least a quarter day.

As I almost finished my brekkie, Ziga called me.

"Ay Smoke, you there?"
"Uh yeah, finishing my brekkie, you already on the way?"
"We already at Tsukuba man"
*spits tea* "S**t that was quick! Right I''ll be there"

And so, I finished my tea while lamenting the fact that I had to spit some out, then roll out to Tsukuba in my Silver Queen as I blast this track. For today though, I'm not driving on the track, as I'll be riding in various cars instead. Just like at the last trackday, Muza and Adrianne drives their M4 and A5 respectively, while this time Ziga and Benny are inside Benny's S2K.

As I arrived at the track, apparently everyone has waited for me. Fistbumps and brohugs were shared, and we discussed the plan for the day. Since Muza and Adrianne already know what to do around Tsukuba, I simply let them loose and drive as long as they wanted, though once again I warned Adrianne to go faster. As I've said previously, the focus here is to introduce the track better to Ziga and Benny, and particularly to refine Benny's track skills.
So as Muza and Adrianne set their own laps freely, first off, I took up Ziga for a ride. Ziga has entered several time attack competitions and basically an all-rounder racer (he also does drag racing and drifting), all I need to do is point out and refine Ziga's braking point judgement in the S2K (some are slightly late, some are too early). He did well and quite smooth, and as a result when he ride on without me, he easily score a fast lap.
Benny seemed to be quite excited that as we done our laps, he immediately wanted to drive the S2K. But not before I could tell him what's wrong with his driving..........

*getting excited* "Right, my turn to ride-"
"Ey ey hold up Benny, what do you think you're doing?"
"Well, taking my turn to drive?"
"Nope, not yet. Let me tell you your flaws first so you have an idea what to improve"
".......ah yes, that's why I come here"
"Right, let's switch places first"

And so, as we ride around for a while, I told him some of my pointers, aside from the braking spots.

"Your braking point is pretty much correct, but there's one fatal flaw that you have that I can see"
"A fatal flaw? What is it?"
"When I was hanging in the back on your R33, I can see you try to hug the apex-"
"Well that's how race drivers do isn't it?"
"Yes, don't cut me just yet. What I'm saying is it wasn't smooth enough. Your exits is wrong almost all the time"
"Wrong? What do you mean?"
"You kept the car on the inside at the exits"
"Well that's how street racing goes!"
"That approach will work on street racing because you got oncoming traffic on the other side of the road, and-"
"Then why it's wrong?"
"Hold up damnit I'm not finished YET! It'll work in rallying as well since you'll likely driving AWD cars and using handbrake"
"Okay, and?"
"Technically speaking, motocross racers use this technique as well by riding to the outisde, flick the bike and go to the inside line"
"So why it's wrong then?"
"Why, 'cause this is neither of those three! There's no oncoming traffic! Tell me, have you see Formula 1 cars cornering?"
"Of course I do, why?"
"You'll notice they tend to use the outside line when exiting the corner, yes?"
"Oh yeah yeah, I do"
"They do that to maintain momentum and speed. In your case, not only you lost a lot of speed and time, it's rather dangerous in multi-car racing"
"Dangerous?"
"In best case you'll be simply overtaken and you need to catch up. On worst case however the car behind you can clip you"
"What do you mean by clip?"
"In short, they'll either nudge your rear bumper or slam into your doors. Worse, they can accuse you of harsh blocking"
"Isn't blocking allowed anyways?"
"Yes, but that's not how you do it. In touring car or rallycross racing it might be slightly acceptable, but outside that, get ready to be penalized"
"Makes sense actually"
"Additionally, in your technique the momentum can be covered by a step of clutch, but you do know clutch can wear right?"
"Well, yeah, you're right I should say. So in short, what do you suggest?"
"Turn smoothly, use more track width in exits and exit smoothly, don't overcook it.The key is out-in-out"
"Roger that"
With the tutorial lap over, I handed the S2K keys back to Benny and watched him run alone from the sidelines. I'm quite glad to see Benny learning quickly as he progressed through every lap, and slowly start to score decent laps, though his steering input is a little bit rough, and sometimes he forgot to use the track width at the exits. I'd say the tutorial went well! :D
But then, as Benny went on to finish another of his lap, the inevitable happened. As he approached the final corner, which is a fast corner (and one of the deciding factor in time attack and regular races), he lost the rear of the car, causing him to spin at high speed and spraying his S2K in a gravel bath, prompting a red flag on the session. Since the crash happened in an instant and the car appeared to be damaged, I immediately rushed to the scene by riding on the track's tow truck together with the track marshalls.

As I hopped off the truck, I began to look for Benny.

"Benny! Oi! Are you alri-oh......" *spots Benny smoking in the gymkhana lot behind the catch fence*
"Yo, I'm good"
*bangs the fence* "OI! I TOLD YOU NOT TO OVERCOOK IT FOR GOD'S SAKE!"
*chuckles* "Sorry, kid"
*sighs* "Nah nah, I'm sorry for shouting at you. You almost made me had a heart attack there"
"Eh, it's okay"
"Well, I'm glad you're okay. Could've been worse. Oh yah, add that to your note: Curb your enthusiasm"
"Yeah. Right, tell them to tow my car back to the pits"

We spent the rest of the day by removing gravel from Benny's S2K's floor, and assessing the damage as well. Thankfully it's much better than I thought, as it only suffered exterior damage as far as the eyes can see. The rear left quarter panel was scratched (though I'm sure there should be small dents as well), and the rear bumper was detached and lightly cracked. Even the car was still able to start and run! The total assessment of the damage though has to be done by Benny himself in the end. With the minor fixes done and Benny declared okay by the medics, we bid our goodbyes and went back to our crib.

[04 Jan 2020]
It's my birthday...........but as I've mentioned in the previous update, the boys already gave a (huuuge) gift to me. But that's okay though, since even MORE of my birthday presents has come to my doorstep! :D Specifically, they're all the suspension parts and transmission parts for the S15. With only a month and a bit more before the S15's supposed debut race, I really had to move fast to make the dream build come true. Alongside the suspensions (and handling upgrades in general) and transmission upgrades, it's still missing some engine upgrades, better turbos, proper rollcage and um, a livery.

There's one huge problem though: There are quite a lot of parts I've ordered (want more details? Go back one page to the bottom most update) and if I install them by myself, it'll take a lot of time and energy due to the lack of tools available in my arsenal, the size of some components and the complexity to install most of them. And I'm sure it'll end up with myself causing more scuffs and wounds in my hand than usual, or even worse, I installed them incorrectly. But then I have an idea.

After some heavy lifting of the parts, all of them turned out to be fit enough to put inside the Merc Sprinter van. And of course, I can tow the S15 as well at the same time as I haul these parts. And then there's also KS garage that has a better supply of tools and several car lifts to make the job easier. But I wonder if they got any other cars in the works? I mean obviously I can't work on the S15 if they also got to work on their cars. With this in mind, I asked Marc if I can use the tools and the car lift in their garage, since as far as I can remember he's the one who got to build a car, which is a Mustang.

"Yo Marc, it's me Edo"
"Oh hey there Edo, wew I don't think you'd call me after all"
"Eh, yeah I should admit this is the first time I call you"
"Anyways, anything I can help?"
"Oh yah yah, say, is there anything occupying the car lift in the garage? Your Mustang perhaps?"
"As far as I can remember.........there's nothing up there. My Mustang is in the back of the garage at the moment"
"I do remember Muza's Porsche not receiving any treatments so far, how about his R33s?"
"Nah, all of his cars are still on the ground as well"
"How about AJ?"
"He doesn't work on anything at the moment. Let's get straight to the point, shall we?"
"I guess you already read my mind. Can I borrow the car lift and your tools?"
"Oh sure sure, go on. For the Evo V?"
"No, the S15. And since it's an S-Chassis I could consult to all of you as well"
"Ah, makes sense. I'm no S-Chassis master but AJ is. Right, tell me when you're going to use the lift"
"Two days from now. Ah I gotta go man, and thanks for the green light. See ya"
"See ya"

That's the lift and tools sorted. Now, to load everything onto the Sprinter and try not to break or bend any of them............

[06 Jan 2020]
Paycheck and Shop salary time! The usual V$1125 paycheck and V$1448 from decent December sales at the shop went into my wallet. With the parts already loaded into the Sprinter from the last two days, it's time to tow the car and go to the KS garage. Frankly speaking, I just love how the Sprinter can load a lot of things easily, no wonder some people turn it into a camper van! Although for now there's a little bit of worry of my parts being slightly dented from contact with the van's body. I mean the road isn't always smooth you know, and there's also stuff like speed bumps and the ultra-cursed potholes. I could change the suspension but naaah, they're perfect for the job already.

What can I do though is adding a wooden panel and flooring to reduce the bumping. Wood is softer after all, and can actually make the interior cooler. It's not going to require a lot of space either.......or so I thought. And I think I can sleep comfortably there, as probably it won't bake me alive at daytime :lol: I think I should get a brake upgrade as well, but not a BBK since it'll be an overkill(?) and won't be good when you need to do a panic brake and all your luggage went forwards quickly. And probably a new set of wheels as well. Now I'm not saying I'm gonna fit a TE37 or VS-KF on it like a madman, but the stock wheels are certainly a bit bland, and needs a small touch of refreshment.

After connecting the tow trailer to the Sprinter and lining them up in front of my crib, which turned out to be one of the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life, it's time to load the S15. It's a bit difficult to start the S15 due to it not being used for a very long time, but eventually the RB26 came back to life with a loud thrum and it's ready to be towed to Tokyo. Speaking of which, look at the massive size difference between the Sprinter and S15! And yes, the S15 hasn't been painted yet, I've said I'll save it for the last. No point to paint it before it receives rollcage. After the S15 gets strapped properly to the trailer, I pumped up another of my playlist collection and set off.
After a lengthy slow drive from Tsukuba to Tokyo, mainly because there are quite a lot of things the Sprinter has to haul and I don't want them to be broken, finally I arrived at the KS garage. After another million-point turn to park the Sprinter and get the S15 off the trailer, we start pushing the S15 back and load it to the working bay where one of the car list is. As we push it back and handing me the tools, we had a small chatter.

A:"So this is your S15 right now? Quite a progress, I'm impressed"
E:"Yep, it's almost halfway done. I need to be quick though, it's almost time for the event it's intended for"
Ma:"Hang on, what's under the bonnet? I'm sure that's not an SR"
E:"Well that's an RB26-"
A:"What? That's an engineering disaster! Unacceptable!"
E:"Hey hey calm down, I'm fitting it a bit further back. Gotta get that Audi Quattro-ish handling"
A&Mu:"But Quattro is an AWD car!"
E:"I'm rather sure the WRC racer almost always had a rear-biased torque distribution for the tarmac and dirt setup"
A:"I guess I can get that bit a bit, but still, why not keep the SR?"
E:"Err, twin turbo from the start that is all, and why not? Someone slammed a 2JZ into an RX-7 for time attack as well"
Mu:"Ah okay then, but you're the only one to blame for dismal lap times"
E:"Eh, I'm not looking to topple Under Suzuki, and that's why I fitted CF hood aside from having the engine a bit rearwards"
Ma:"You sure the CF hood will work?"
E:"Yeah, it's aerodynamic-"
Ma:"Yep, but it'll overheat the engine quicker as well. Get a vented one my man"
E:"I can't find one! One that is aerodynamic enough that is. But eh, let's find together shall we?"

After a rather lengthy search, we found something that suits what I wanted: Seibon DV-Style carbon bonnet. The best thing is, the item is currently under discount! I bookmarked the page to make sure I won't miss it on my next shopping list. For mow though, it's time to pump another track and work on the car.
After some lenghty hours of working, screwing and unscrewing, almost drilling my own hand, struggling to reassemble and fit the arms correctly, almost having a gear oil shower, etc., finally everything has been installed to the S15 neatly. After loading the removed parts to the Sprinter van and lowered the car to the ground again, I took some pics of the S15. It's getting even closer to my vision of its final form.
With the work over, we returned the S15 to the trailer and strapped it back. But before I went back to my crib, I had a little bit more of chatter.

E:"Uh, guys, is it okay if I need help for spot-welding here?"
Ma:"Sure, why not. We've done that a lot of times"
E:"And one more thing......Muza, was your A70 has weld cage or bolt-in cage?"
Mu:"Welded one. It was designed by Mackay, but yeah I welded it"
E:"I'm gonna need some help welding as well. For the materials and design, I can source you one, don't worry"
Mu:"Ah okay, cool"
Ma:"Wait I thought most motorsport events here allow bolt-in cages. Why not get them instead?"
E:"Nope, I want to do it properly"

For the design, I'm trying to get the design based on the rulebook of 24 Hours of Lemons (no, not Le Mans). Despite them racing near-wrecked or simply junk cars, safety standards for the event is quite strict. The race doesn't allow bolt-in cages, and thankfully they've got an extra-detailed guidelines about building the cages from scratch, which is why I chose it as the guide to build my rollcage.

With the build and discussion activity done, I bid goodbye to the crew and soaring the night as I went back to my crib.

[07 Jan 2020]
With the handling and transmission upgrades sorted, it's time to return to the main focus of the build: The engine! WIth some help of Muza and Marc and including the aformentioned Seibon bonnet, here's what I bought for the S15. Sadly, I found out that I've got not enough money to buy a proper turbo kit (but at least the intercooler has been sorted). Delivery would take 1-2 weeks:
Now, to wait for the parts to arrive and saving for a proper turbo............and of course, there's also the spot welding, rollcage build, and finally livery wrapping to be done. Even though if I can't build it right on time, I'd be happy to complete the S15 build in general.....it took me almost a year to do this! :lol:

And this is also why I haven't got rid of Silver Queen yet, particularly since the Evo V hasn't finished yet. I don't want to miss a lot of time attack events just because my build hasn't finished yet. Only when the Evo V gets done and turned a lap on the track do I let the Silver Queen go. And the there's also a huge train of build list behind it: The HR34, the Silverado, the Tico, the Sprinter, the new R32.........oh and I also have a lot of parts to be sold, but I'll save that for the next update.

And with the first update of the year done and dusted, let's see how my wallet started the year:
► Show Spoiler

Last edited by BigSmoke on 12 Jan 2020 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

FranklinAnderson
Gangster

12 Jan 2020 02:21

Great update yooooooooooooooo!
Working on the R33 was a lotta fun! The new year party and all of the stuff that we did in the yeat, it was incredible
Also, i picked up a non airbag dash and steeting wheel because muza probably will take them out eventually and probably some racing seats with harnesses and a rollbar, also airbag systems are too complicated.
Also if u ask, i went back to Osaka in plane, but this isn't the last time that i will go to Tokyo or Kanto region, i have a surprise, maaaaaaaaaaybe i'll go to kanto region and stay there, maybe not, idk (i already know but let's give it a bit of mystery hehe)
I'm glad that we did such amazing things, hopefully this 2020 will be as good or better!!!

And remember, AIRBAGS are for pussies, WE DIE LIKE REAL MEN! (that also count with static, but instead of die, we scrape like real men!)
Last edited by FranklinAnderson on 14 Jan 2020 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Current Money : $41073

Roleplay info below...
► Show Spoiler
Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

12 Jan 2020 08:28

Yooo dude, epic update! I'm feeling craving to take my Ducky (ECR33) to track.

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

13 Jan 2020 05:32

FranklinAnderson wrote:
12 Jan 2020 02:21
Great update yooooooooooooooo!
Working on the R33 was a lotta fun! The new year party and all of the stuff that we did in the yeat, it was incredible
Also if u ask, i went back to Osaka in plane, but this isn't the last time that i will go to Tokyo or Kanto region, i have a surprise, maaaaaaaaaaybe i'll go to kanto region and stay there, maybe not, idk (i already know but let's give it a bit of mystery hehe)
I'm glad that we did such amazing things, hopefully this 2020 will be as good or better!!!

And remember, AIRBAGS are for pussies, WE DIE LIKE REAL MEN! (that also count with static, but instead of die, we scrape like real men!)
Aaaaah glad you returned safely. Here's for a great 2020! :D
SimplifyHerb wrote:
12 Jan 2020 08:28
Yooo dude, epic update! I'm feeling craving to take my Ducky (ECR33) to track.
Thanks! And why not, please do! :D

Visit my RP HERE!

Sieklo
Associate

13 Jan 2020 11:06

WoW, What an update! R32 looks gorgeous! Maybe you can give me lesson on track when I will come to Japan :P
And thanks to you I will take JCW to the track! :D

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

13 Jan 2020 15:24

BigSmoke wrote:
13 Jan 2020 05:32
Thanks! And why not, please do! :D
I will, when Ducky finish brake upgrade and awaiting new alloys wheel.

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

14 Jan 2020 05:34

Sieklo wrote:
13 Jan 2020 11:06
WoW, What an update! R32 looks gorgeous! Maybe you can give me lesson on track when I will come to Japan :P
And thanks to you I will take JCW to the track! :D
Thanks my man! :D Sure sure, I'll guide you through Tsukuba if you want ;)
And of course take the JCW to the track my man, she deserves it! :D

Visit my RP HERE!

Niatross
Gangster

17 Jan 2020 06:09

Wreching on project S15 was indeed a joy! Im quite hyped to see it demolishing tsukuba soon, and more importantly i wanna know how it fares against its own sibling-rival, Silver Queen the Evo 3!

Speaking of Tsukuba, new yearly tsukuba sessions were just as joyous! Aaaand same goes for cruising with Kaede and the whole BCNR33 fiasco that just went down :P

As for your R32's engine confusion, i would say go for an RB25DET NEO swap from an ER34 GT-T
Those have stronger internals and are good for some modest power. Stock block handles upto 500hp if im not wrong
However if you want more, RB26DETT is definitely the way to go. 30DET could work too but its a bit overkill and the lower displacement of the 26 equals more responsiveness. And given that 26's are known to perfectly handle numbers like 800hp, you'll be just fine! :D
Oh and a little side note, i have spare 18" LMGT1's laying around. if you want em,lemme know and we can work out a homie-deal!

BigSmoke
Gangster

18 Jan 2020 16:11

Niatross wrote:
17 Jan 2020 06:09
Wreching on project S15 was indeed a joy! Im quite hyped to see it demolishing tsukuba soon, and more importantly i wanna know how it fares against its own sibling-rival, Silver Queen the Evo 3!

Speaking of Tsukuba, new yearly tsukuba sessions were just as joyous! Aaaand same goes for cruising with Kaede and the whole BCNR33 fiasco that just went down :P

As for your R32's engine confusion, i would say go for an RB25DET NEO swap from an ER34 GT-T
Those have stronger internals and are good for some modest power. Stock block handles upto 500hp if im not wrong
However if you want more, RB26DETT is definitely the way to go. 30DET could work too but its a bit overkill and the lower displacement of the 26 equals more responsiveness. And given that 26's are known to perfectly handle numbers like 800hp, you'll be just fine! :D
Oh and a little side note, i have spare 18" LMGT1's laying around. if you want em,lemme know and we can work out a homie-deal!
I'm glad you enjoyed working on the S15 and having yet another trackday! :D Obviously main target is to surpass the Silver Queen, since this thing is a full-on, proper racecar as opposed to SIlver Queen which had to live a double life.

I guess I want to go the RWD Z33 trans RB26 way. I've read further discussions and found out a lot of people having difficulties mating RB30 block with RB26 head. And once they did, there are a lot of confusions and complains about lower-end torque, which compared to the top end ones could be as far as the earth and the skies.

Ey ey ey are the LMGT1s in white? I'd like to save for it after I sorted my S15 ;)

Visit my RP HERE!

BigSmoke
Gangster

03 Feb 2020 04:41

Spirit Boosting

"Ay Smoke where you have been these days?" Well, quite a lot happened :lol:
Basically life, NFS Heat and MTA combined into one force to made me postpone my updates
But eh don't worry, the king of number nines is back with a lot of things to tell!
So what happened during the latter half of last month? Check it out by delving into the update below!

[10 Jan 2020]
As I began to sort out the remaining upgrades for the S15 and Evo V, as well as began visioning on how I would paint it, my phone rang. I thought it'll be either Muza (@Niatross) or @Benny, but no. Instead it's Rantaro who called me. Truth be told it's been a while since I hung out with either Rantaro or Ryuji, though we still communicate via text chats when we could. The reason of this is not only I'm busy preparing for the S15 and Evo V to be track-ready, I also ended up hanging out with Muza, Marc (@topy) and Adrianne (@RocketBunnyS13) more often, not to mention Benny and Ziga (@Lagano) also coming from stateside to establish a new garage here. So I'm quite happy to be able to speak with Rantaro again.

"Hey Edo-kun, you there?"
"Ah, Rantaro! It's been a while I should say"
"Yeah, been a while indeed. Where have you been these days?"
"Quite a lot of things. Building two cars in parallel isn't an easy task, y'know"
"The S15?"
"Yeah, and an Evo V. I'm runnig out of time for the S15 as well"
"Oh wew boi, I wish I could lend a hand"
"Ah don't worry, I've got some helping hands already. It's almost complete too"
"Ah, okay then. My work hours got bumped more than usual as well these days, I'm quite tired"
"Sysadmin life is never easy my man" *laughter* "Tried once, never again"
"Ah anyways let's hang out this weekend. There will be a meet at Tsukuba uni"
"Oh cool, just like the one back then yes?"
"Yeah, but for now it's mostly attended by lowered and VIP rides. Not sure if they'll allow your Evo to join"
"Oh don't worry about that, I've got the right car for that"
"I don't remember you owning a lowered car, but I believe you"
"How about Ryuji and Ryoko, will they be there?"
"Nah sadly. They're still in New Zealand, and I heard Ryoko fell ill"
"Oh god, that's quite bad. I wish her to recover soon. Anyways can my friends tag along as well?"
"Yeah, here's hoping. Oh yeah yeah sure, the more the merrier"
"Right, thanks for the invitation man. See ya at Saturday, let me know if you're there"
"Sure thing, see ya my man"

It's been a while since I attended a huge car meet, let alone with my friends. The last time I attended one, not only I was able to gather a lot of my friends (Rantaro, Ryuji, Ryoko, Genzo, Muza, Adrianne, Marc) at the meet, there was also a special appearance by the legendary @MACKAY in his Ferrari 458, which sadly has been sold ever since. Given that Benny and Marc are working on their respective cars at the moment, I assume Muza, Adrianne and Ziga can make it to the meet. After several text chats to confirm their appearance and to have them gather at my crib, I continued my work for the night.

[11 Jan 2020]
I got quite serious and absorbed by the upgrade sorting and planning, I ended up sleeping on my table until brunch time the next day. I was woken up by two separate calls: One from Rantaro, where he said he'll go to the uni at 3pm and another one from Ziga, saying he'll arrive to my crib soon and currently enjoying a nice cup of coffee somewhere near Ebisu. Turns out Ziga had some shakedown with his R33 earlier that day, with his R33 receiving upgrades some time ago. After I had lunch and shower, Adrianne texted me, saying he has done his office works and going to my crib soon. Relatively speaking, AJ would be in heaven in this meet, since he's one of the masters of lowering cars and even his daily, an Audi A5, is lowered as well.

Some hours later, Ziga arrived in his Evo VI. Apparently, there was quite a traffic jam on his way here, and he was quite tired from all the driving, including the shakedown drive earlier. After supplying him with onigiris and smoe more cups of coffee, we waited for Muza and AJ to finsih their respective works and drive to Tsukuba as we spent the time watching TV and playing Jenga (or Stacks as some of you call it) in my lounge.

Some time later, as Ziga did a mistake while pulling one of the blocks and therefore every single of them fell down to the floor, AJ arrived on my doorsteps.

E:"Come in dude, come in! Just ignore the mess will ya"
A:"Excuse me while I'm sitting here. Aaaaah it's been a looong day at work"
E:"Eh? I thought you've finished earlier. What happened?"
A:"One of my legal files was lost. Turned out to be in the wrong section of the file storage"
Z:"Dangit man, that's quite a mistake"
A:"I know right? I could've get back home or go here earlier. Anyways what happened here?"
Z:"Oh, we played Jenga to wait for you and Muza. You wanna play?"
E:"It's a nice precision and patience training, you should try it"
A:"Okay okay, ah Edo can you drive for me later? I don't think I'm in the mood to drive"
E:"Sure, why not. We'll drive Kaede later"

Much later, Muza finally come to my crib, looking rather wrecked from all the work.

E:"Yo, come in man. Busy day at the workshop?"
M:"You bet it was. A lot of maintenance works and build requests came in today"
Z:"Well, can't be helped when you're working for one of the most revered workshop in the world"
M:"I guess you're right. Hey Edo, can you drive for me, or probably us later? I'm tired"
E:"Sure, and that means we've perfectly filled the seats of Kaede. Tea or coffee?"
M:"Coffee, and make it strong. Stronger than my will to live if necessary"
E:"Cheer up my man, it's weekend, no need for that negative vibes"
A:"Yeah, who knows if there's a vibe check later in the meet" *massive laughter*

With Muza sipping his warm coffee and I, AJ and Ziga switched from Jenga blocks to Uno cards, Rantaro called me on the phone.

"Edo-kun, I'm in location"
"Oh okay, my friends are already here. Ready to roll"
"Be quick, it's getting crowded here. Meet me at the usual spot"
"Roger, going to the location"

And so, I and the boys jumped into Kaede's seats and start our journey to the university. We spent quite a long time in my crib that we didn't know as we start the ride, the sun started to set. Along the dense traffic we kept the roof open to kept ourselves chilled by the winter wind and we blasted several citypop hits as we made our way.
As the sunset comes and we were free from the traffic, finally we arrived at the uni's parking lot. Immediately I took Kaede to park beside Rantaro, who turned out driving his ol' trusty Mark II for the day. Or should we say the Merc II, for obvious reasons ;) If you've joined the forum way back then you'll know this car and by extension who Rantaro is, but if you're new to the forums or haven't seen this thing rolling before, let me reintroduce him and the car.

Rantaro is a friend of mine, a Tsukuba local and works as a sysadmin in a software house corp. The Merc II, as I call it because of the Merc-style front end conversion, is a GX70 Mark II that has been 2JZ-GE swapped. This is Rantaro's second car, and he has spent a lot of money to make it look like this, including the bright interior for the luxurious look. Eventually Rantaro bought an actual Merc (see page one), but he still drives this thing because well, his Merc W140 is an LHD import, making it a bit difficult to drive.
"Ah there you are Edo-kun, I thought you won't make it to the meet"
"Well here we are. Oh you've brought the Merc II! And on new wheels as well!"
"Yeah, they're custom made. Straight from Okinawa"
"Man I always want to go there, I heard drag racing is big there"
"Pretty much so. Oh I see you've actually brought your friends. I think I know two of them, but who's the other one?" *points at Ziga*
"This one here is our friend from America, but he could speak Japanese pretty well. He's staying here for some time"
"I see I see, it's nice to meet you all" *fistbumps and brohugs ensues*
"Now I wish Ryuji and Ryoko is here as well.......but oh well"
Next to us there are the Crown S171 of our acquintance and one of Tsukuba uni's history lecturer, Miyuki-sensei. And beside the Crown is the Impala of Juuichi/Joey, who I met for a while last year. Apparently none of them has updated their cars for a while.

E:"Sensei! It's an honour to meet you again"
My:"Ah, let's see......Edo-kun, was it? And you must be Rantaro-kun"
R:"Yes, glad you still remember us well"
My:"Well, I kinda do, but don't you two drove different cars back then?"
E:"Ah, yes. My Evo III is in my home, and so does Rantaro's Mercedes"
My:"I think this is the one you told me back then, isn't it Rantaro-kun? The Mark II?"
R:"I'm glad you remember it well, sensei"
My:"I should say, the modification is much better than I thought, quite convincing actually"
R:"Glad you like it sensei"
My:"And oh, are these three your friends?"
E:"Yes, sensei. Adrianne here is a lawyer, Muza works at Nismo, and this one here is my friend from America"
My:"Oh he's having a holiday here?"
E:"Half-holiday, half-working. He owns a tuning shop in USA, and going to expand them here"
My:"I wish for your success, you look quite promising"
Z:"Thank you very much sensei"
E:"Oh hey Joey! Nice to see you here!"
J:"Oh hi, uh......do I know you?"
E:"Well, we only met once, but I still saved our pics"
J:"Ah, I see. I don't remember much though, but it's nice to see you again. Anyways which car is yours for the day?"
E:"That 240 over there. It's an American import"
J:"American import?"
E:"Yeah. As you can see, it's LHD, and it still has KA24DE. I should say, your Impala influenced me to modify this car"
J:"Oh wow, glad Ii could be your inspiration. Yeah I can see some lowrider vibes here"
E:"Originally it's going to be fully lowrider, but after I scored this wheel, also from USA, I mixed it with Kyusha styling"
And at the other side of our lot was an Estima belonged to sisters Akane and Mihaya, adorned with pink paint job, Weds Kranze Graben wheels and Do-Luck kit. I secretly wanted an Estima myself to haul things and people, and I've driven one as well. But then again not only there's the Sprinter that can roughly do the same job, my garage is full as well. Beside the Estima there's an S15 driven by Shinji, who is now driving it more as a daily and going to Akagi touge less often. He still drifts at Nikko and Ebisu with his Cefiro though, but then again it's on the verge of breaking as well.

R:"Akane! Mihaya! Look who's here!"
Ak:"Oh Rantaro, hi there! And let's see, you're......"
Mh:"Edo-san, was it?"
E:"Yep, that's me. Glad you remember well"
Ak:"Ah, the man with the Evo yes? But where is it?"
E:"Yup exactly. The Evo is in my home now, I brought something else"
Mh:"Which is?"
E:"That 240 over there. An American import"
Ak:"Oh? I thought you can buy a convertible S13 here as well?"
E:"Well yes, but not only it's produced by different companies, both items are rare as well"
Ak:"What do you mean? They're both Nissans"
E:"The one in Japan has PS front and bulit by Autech. The American ones like mine has RPS front and built by ASC"
Ak:"Aaaah I see, that's quite a difference. How about the price, is it any different"
E:"I know the used ones here is rather expensive. The American ones are surprisingly cheap, hence I'm able to bag one"
Mh:"Oh wow! You're quite lucky I should say"
Across our lot was three cars: A Miata NA, a Prius and a Celsior F10. The Miata NA, coloured in a nice shade of red and riding on Hayashi Super Street rims, belongs to Keita (23), a university student studying architecture. The NA once belonged to his uncle as a touge weapon and cruiser, until he grew up tired of driving sportscar recently. Now he switched to a Crown S170, just like the one Miyuki-sensei has, and gave Keita the NA as a birthday gift. Sometimes Keita does bring it to touge passes and racetracks, but he rarely races it on either places, although whenever he could or the rule allows it (normally rollcage and arm restrainers is required for convertible racecars), he enters gymkhana competition with it. It still has a Mazda B engine with a bolt-on turbo.
Speaking about Miatas, I (and I'm sure everyone here) have a soft spot for Miatas, mostly both NA and ND. The Miata is known very well as one of the (if not the) entry point for both sportscar ownership and racing efforts. It's cheap, easy to maintain, parts are abundant and the tuning potential is very wide. If you want to open your way to grip racing, Mazda US and JP happily paves the way for you via the MX-5 Global Challenge program. There are also a lot of Spec Miata leagues outside the one held by Mazda themselves. In Japan there are also two endurance races dedicated to Miatas, both called the Roadster Endurance Party. One is open for auto journalists around Japan using stock NDs, whereas the other one is open to everyone with any kinds of Miatas.
This Mk3 Prius here is owned by Keita's classmate, Jirou (22). Unlike Keita though, Jirou did a lot of part-time jobs and saved his earnings to buy the car. At first he doesn't seem to care much about car tuning scene, and honestly just wanted a personal commuter ride, but upon seeing pics of VIP-tuned cars and brought by Keita to a car meet several times, the petrolhead bug bit him and he decided to save some more for these wheels and a set of airbags, since he still want the car to be functional). He does know that Toyota raced a V8-powered Prius in Super GT, but when I show him a vid of the Harley-powered Prius racecar and Hellcat-powered Prius dragster, he was quite surprised :lol: Well, I kinda want a Prius of my own..........
And finally, this Celsior is owned by Gendo (41), an office employee just like Rantaro, though I didn't know what did he do specifically. His Celsior is particularly stock perfromance-wise, but visually it's been amped up with that bodykit, a set of Uras Exsol wheels and a set of Aragosta coilovers. The Celsior back then was made as a rival to Mercedes and BMW in the luxury market segment, under the name Celsior and Lexus LS400. Initially it was a great success, but then the 90s luxury car problem of overengineering kicks in, resulting in high maintenance cost and the value of the car dropped like a base jumper without a parachute. To demonstrate the point, the 1UZ engine it was made for has the starter motor inside the engine, which means changing them requires at least one or two hours of engine lifting and unscrewing just to retrieving it. Specifically, it's right between the base of the cylinder heads, which also means beneath the intake manifold.
A bit of fun fact: The 1UZ has an aviation and marine engine cousins, respectively called the FV2400-2TC and VT300i. The 1UZ was also used as racecar engines as well, powering the SARD MC8 racecar in Le Mans 24 Hours as well as various Daytona Prototype racecars at the Grand-Am series. This somewhat extends to the Celsior/LS400 capability as, errr.......a racecar as well. In America, the LS400 is one of the recommended cars for the 24 Hours of Lemons cheap enduro series. While it never has been a racecar in Japan, if you're a fan of Wangan Midnight series, you'll know the Celsior is the weapon of choice for Gen Sasaki, or better known as Gatchan. In the story, Gatchan fitted the 1UZ with bolt-on turbos and tuned it up to 1000 BHP(!!). Visual-wise he also went all-out with it, from painting it on a special shade of purple, fitted neons and added window tints.
As the night fell off, we spent the chilly nights under the lights and warm ourselves up with various activities. Banters and chatters were everywhere, and turns out Akane and Mihaya has fitted their Estima with a huge sound system, so I and Rantaro joined them on blasting some music. Cans of coffee and beer were passed as well to keep ourselves hydrated and warm, though I only opted for coffee. Often times I had to come back to my own lot since a lot of people asked me either "Why is the steer on the left?" if they haven't known me yet, or "Where's your Evo?" if they do. Nevertheless they appear to appreciate the local gaijin that is Kaede.
Joey's Impala, being an American car, also had a lot of attentions from all the crowds. I mean, you rarely see them here and it absolutely looks the business :lol: It is actually funny and interesting to see how the Japanese wants to be like the westerns (by bringing lowrider culture and drag racing overseas, as well as incorporating limo and dub-style builds to form VIP style), whereas the westerns also wanted to be like the Japanese (by bringing drifting and import tuner culture, including demon camber/onikyan, usage of widebody kits, 2000s and hotboi builds and many more). But then again, that kind of culture exchange is also what unites us as a unity of petrolhead.
As the meet and party went along, with some people B-boying in front of Mihaya and Akane's car, AJ called me for a bit.

"Yo Edo, let's play a game"
"Ah okay, what game though?"
*whips a pack of Uno cards* "This!"
"OI! THAT'S MY UNO CARDS! But come to think of it you're a genius dang"
"Muza, Rantaro,Joey and Ziga is in, how about you?"
"Oh sure sure, I'll ask Mihaya, Akane and Keita as well"

And so, we went on several rounds of Uno that night, with Kaede's boot and that B-Wave spoiler as the table to put the cards on :lol: Usually, Uno rules are one of the most difficult things to be agreed upon, but this time we agreed upon a rule I, Muza and AJ usually play with: If someone whips out a +2 or +4, the next player may whip out another +2 or +4 to pass the burden to the next player after him or her, with the one pulling +4 calling the next card colour on play and only +2 cards that correspondents the called colour may be pulled on the next turns. This turned to be quite vicious and hilarious, resulting in a lot of a grand total of +20 and up to +40 to the unfortunate player that received the end of the plus train. Rantaro though held the 'record' for the night, receiving +48 on one of our last rounds :lol:
We stayed up that night until we didn't realize the day has changed and we were all tired from hanging out, having banters and laughed out loud on various occassions. A lot of us are either amped up on coffee overdose ("S**t man, I can stay up for another 24 hours with this") or even got high on beer. With the meet over, we came back to our cribs after spending our time in such a fun and intense night.

[15 Jan 2020]
Finally the next batch of parts for the S15 has arrived, and this means the S15 project has began to see the light at end of the loooong tunnel. It's been almost a year since I bought the S15, with the project kept on being postponed back due to various constraints, from lack of budget at the start, to basically my first year of competitive racing at the middle and the end. With only a few weeks to go before the next Attack Tsukuba at February, I really have to ramp up the build speed on this thing and pray for fast part delivery.

How about the Evo V, you ask? Well, it's going to be on the back of the list for now, since the events designed for it starts at March. But then again the faster I finish the S15, the faster I can work on the Evo V as well. And that's also why the Silver Queen hasn't left my garage yet: Should I failed to finish the Evo V on time, the Evo III can still be used to compete for a while.

Since all but one parts I've ordered at the previous update consists of engine parts, that means I had to take off the RB26 block again and play Lego with it. As I've mentioned before, building this car is like building three cars at once: It's an S15 powered by an RB26DETT from an R32 GT-R that is mated with Z33 transmission for better durability, cut the build and maintenance cost and to keep it RWD. And yes, I do aware of the oil pump issue on R32 RB blocks, which is why that was also on my shopping list. Speaking of RBs, I heard Nissan's Heritage Program now produces brand new RB blocks, heads and other parts for the R32 to R34. Regular RB block is priced at V$1700, while the N1 block got a price tag of around V$4200. I'm quite tempted to move to the N1 block, but that's probably later after Attack Tsukuba.
Many hours later, finally everything has been installed to the RB, and the RB has returned to the S15. Now it's time to swap the carbon fiber bonnet with.......another one. As you've read in the previous update, Marc pointed out the possibility of quick engine overheating with the current Varis bonnet with OEM-like design, and suggested to switch for a vented hood, of which I scored one from Seibon. Now it's time to undone the hood pins and remove the Varis hood.........
.......and installing the brand new Seibon ones. Looks nice isn't it? And definitely it helps the air to flow better and releases much more heat from the engine. With everything almost done at this point, this leaves turbo works, spot welding, rollcage building and wrapping the car i a proper livery to be done. Back when I started my petrolhead journey, I didn't expect to be able to own and build my own race car. This year, the dream will come true. I really want to be the next Under Suzuki and Kunihiko Bandoh, ordinary office employees who turned their daily and track car into the time attack monsters we all know today (and coincidentally Under also drives an S15)
With the parts installing done, after washing my hands properly and having a proper dinner, it's time to order some more parts for the project, and fortunately there aren't much parts needed for the process. For the turbos, I wanted to keep the twin turbo layout to reduce lag. Fortunately, Greddy got a kit for that, featuring two T88 turbines along with wastegates and everything else needed to complete the set for V$4537. As for the rollcages, Marc originally suggested to just fit a Cusco bolt-in rollcage, since it's already enough to qualify for most races in Japan, but I wanted to do it properly. So what I did is ordering a total of 15 meters of steel tubes for V$186 to be built into a rollcage. Design-wise I decided to follow the guide and rules from 24 Hours of Lemons, since it's actually stricter than most of Japan's regional events.

As I've done ordering these parts, my phone rang. It's Ohira-sensei who called me. Then I remember something: The 31st running of RevSpeed Super Battle is going to be run in a week. I opted to skip the event personally since I've attended the 30th one last year (and which prize money I haven't claimed yet, silly me) and I need to focus on building my own racecars, but then again Ohira-sensei and his garage, Summer Yume has appointed me as their second driver last year. Perhaps it's my turn to drive for them now, after their main driver and mechanic Yuuta drove their Mirage at the previous event.

"Edo-kun, Ohira-san here"
"Oh, Ohira-sensei. Anything I can help?"
"I'm sure you remember that another RevSpeed event is going on at 23rd"
"O-Oh yes I do. Do you need me to drive?"
"Exactly. We've registered you as the driver"
"Ah cool, I don't enter my Evo for the time being so it's all good"
"Great. We've added some stuff to the Mirage, but it's most likely to be finished one or two days before the event"
"Oh nice, I'm looking forward to it"
"What I'm saying is prepare for unexpected changes, but it's nice to hear you being enthusiastic. Right, see you next week"
"See you sensei"

It's quite nice to be back on the track competitively for the first time on this year, and of course I'm rather desperate for money at this point. Now though, time to get myself back on form again so I could score decent lap times again.

[20 Jan 2020]
After I claimed the paycheck and the previous RevSpeed Super Battle monetary prize check, I realized that I've hoarded so much things in my garage since last year. So I spent almost an entire day auditing them, refurbishing them to my best effort and began to list them for sale on various websites, including Yahoo Auctions, Croooober and Nengun. The details of the parts are listed below:
► Show Spoiler
It is both quite amazing and quite tragic that I managed to stack up a lot of parts in around half a year in the back of my garage. On one side of course it filled up my garage and decreased working space, and it does make my backyard look like a junkyard :lol: On the other hand, it made quite a nice deposit at times like this ;) And ohoho I've seen you've eyeing for some parts over there.......keep reading the update to see what I put for sale for everyone ;)

[23 Jan 2020]
It's raceday! I did my usual chores of prepping my race suit, gloves and shoes as well as cleaning my helmet the day before, but unlike my usual racedays after having my shower and brekkie, instead of hopping into Silver Queen, I hopped to my HR34 to make my back feel better before racing and because obviously I don't race with Silver Queen today. But as usual, I went to the track early because the first run will be held in the morning. And because I'm not racing the ER34, I had to park at the spectator's area and walk while carrying my backpack of race and spare suits plus helmet into the paddock.

As I arrived to the paddock and spotted the Summer Yume crew's pit box, the crew greets me and told me to come over. As usual, the crew for the day consist of Ohira-sensei, Goro, Mishima, Kei and Nato. The only addition would be Yuuta, who's not on driving duty and being replaced by myself.
E:"Morning chaps! It's a great day for racing innit?"
O:"Finally, there you are. Ready for the race?"
E:"Well, I'm always ready. Ah yes, back the you said there's something new for the Mirage"
M:"So sensei told you about that as well?"
E:"Of course he is"
M:"Oh okay cool, while you're here let me show you"

So they disassembled the bonnet and front bumper to show the engine upgrades they've done. Turns out they've added a turbo! Apparently both Ohira-sensei and Yuuta thought the Mirage could use some more power safely, since the 4G63 is still relatively strong enought to take some punishments and their lap time at the last event was rather dismal according to the crew. Sure, they're still starting, but they didn't expect to fall behind rather quickly.

E:"Oh wow you guys are going turbo already! How much is the power increase?"
Y:"We rated it at 300 BHP at dyno, so that's a 100 BHP bump"
E:"Oh hey nice! But I heard the car hasn't been tested yet.........."
G:"Ah yeah, since it's kinda like a last-minute decision. And we also focused on the gears and pressure adjustment"
K:"Hey don't worry about the turbo, internals and gears, they can withstand each other so far"
G:"Yeah, feel free to push it"
E:"Ah okay that's ensuring enough. Though I wish we can have proper aero"
K:"We didn't have time yet for that but we've chalked it up on our plans"
E:"Oh hey it's almost time for drivers briefing. Wheel up the car to parc ferme, I'll change into my race suit"
G:"Okay, see ya later"
And so, after my first call of nature for the day and changing into my race suit, I and other drivers attended the drivers briefing for the day. Ah yes, I forgot to tell you about the classes as usual. But since the RevSpeed Super Battle has a rather complex class structure, which would be very long to explain, let's cut to the chase a bit:
Open Class - Non street legal, purpose-built racecars with unlimited aero.
  • Open 4WD: AWD cars, no engine size limit
  • Open RWD 1: >=2500cc naturally aspirated RWD cars + turbo/supercharged RWD cars with no engine size limit
  • Open RWD 2: <2500cc naturally aspirated RWD cars
  • Open FWD 1: >=1600cc Turbo/supercharged FWD cars
  • Open FWD 2: >=1600cc naturally aspirated FWD cars
  • Open FWD 3: <=1500cc FWD cars
Street Class - Street legal cars with OEM or sha-ken allowed aero
  • Street 4WD: AWD cars, no engine size limit
  • Street RWD 1: >=2500cc naturally aspirated RWD cars + turbo/supercharged RWD cars with no engine size limit
  • Street RWD 2: <2500cc naturally aspirated RWD cars
  • Street FWD 1: >=1600cc Turbo/supercharged FWD cars
  • Street FWD 2: >=1600cc naturally aspirated FWD cars
  • Street FWD 3: <=1500cc FWD cars
Since the Summer Yume Mirage is still streetlegal, and they've been fitting a turbo to their 4G63 engine (it originally has 4G92, I know that), they've been bumped from Street FWD 2 to Street FWD 1. On the plus side, this allows them to reach faster times. On the minus side, this means they would find themselves in a much tighter competition, facing from Honda specialists such as Spoon, ASLAN and G-Work to your general car tuners such as Trust and Monster Sport, and even european car specialists such as Stile and Tezzo.

There are 64 entrants for today, slightly down from 78 cars last year. That includes 6 entries from Street FWD 1 which is our class for the day. Just like at tlast year's event there will be two one-lap shooutouts for everyone: One before lunchtime, and one after lunchtime. And as winter has begun to wither away, there isn't much worry over snowfall on the track.

With the drivers briefing over, we headed back to the paddock and get into the cars. And as we are one of the cars who got to run earlier, I immediately drove the Mirage to the pitlane and join the first queue to set the first laptime.
Run 1 - 09.15 am
The new turbos on the Mirage made it much more sprightly than I can remember. 100 BHP does make quite a lot of difference it turns out. Cold air temperature also helps the Mirage to run optimally, but that is offset by the minimum level of grip we had to suffer from since we were the first ones to run on the track. And as I drive AWD cars more often, the car suffers a bit from lift-off oversteer as I exited several corners. Added with the fact that they haven't installed a rollcage yet while adding more power actually made me a bit terrified as well.
ImageImage
As I approached the end of the lap, what I feared almost became true. All in a sudden the tail lifted and the car went a bit sideways as I enter the final corner, and naturally I hit the gas again to neutralize it. But then again this is an FWD car, so instead of holding the slide the car just quickly gain grip at the front and went into a huge under steer. I nsplit second I realize the car would just going into the wall this way, so I pulled the handbrake and let it slide again to recover.
Thankfully this worked quite well, and so I was able to save the car and bring it back to the line. To be honest that was one of the most terrifying moments in my life. And because there isn't any rollcage to support the car, if I actually smash the wall that would possibly be the end of my life. I should've let the car slide a bit more before hitting the gas again. But then again there's the skills from my drifting sessions saving the car and my life.
As I returned to the pits, I saw quite a lot of people applauding me for the save, and then as I stopped at the pit box, the Summer Yume crew quickly gathered around the car. I exited the car and went to the back of the box to sit down and calm myself down.

E:"Sensei, I'm terribly sorry for that error. I know I'm better than that"
O:"It's okay young man, at least you brought it back in one piece"
Y:"Aniki that was a great save!"
G:"God damn Edo-kun you gave us heart attack for a second, but yeah, nice save"
M:"Look at the bright side as well, now we also figured out what to improve"
E:"Thanks chaps. Alright let's go to work-"
K:"Nah it's okay, let us handle it. You can rest for a while"
E:"Okay, thanks for the hard work"

And as the others set their first times on the track, the crew did more works on the car, while I watch the drivers flying by the main straight. I also set my eyes on the FWD cars drivers to see how do they tame their vehicles. Eventually the crew finished working on the car right as lunchtime kicks in, and we decided to have lunch together. But since the cafetaia was quite crowded, we decided to bring the foods to our garage instead and eat together beside and behind the car. As I'm going to hit the track soon, I decided to eat inside the car despite the rise of air temperature. Don't worry, no crumbs on my suit or the seat :lol:

With the second run coming up, after I refreshen myself with a bottle of mineral water I wheeled the Mirage again to the pitlane for the final run of the day.
Run 2 - 13.15 am
With more rubbers on the track, air temperature rising and lessons learned from the first run, there are more grips to be found on the track and I can safely push the car to the limits again. The crew did the setup ajdustment quite well as I felt there are less body roll and lift-off oversteer, though torque steer can still be felt at times. I guess this is why unles you're an experienced tuner and race driver, putting turbos on lightweight classic FWD hot hatch is a rather bad decision.
And to avoid having a near-death experience just like at the first run, at the final corner I decided to slow down a bit and taking the corner with a smoother, finer approach. It might not be the fastest of the entries, but hey, better than having a gravel bath or worse, ending up on the armco and possibly ending my life as well.
Finally, I crossed the line once again to finish my run for the day. I quickly returned to the pits let the others set their times safely, and I can't wait to have some discussions with the crew. After I drove the car back to the pits, I had Yuuta returning the timer beacon to the stewards office, while I went back to the locker for one more call of nature that I've held back along my second run and to change into my spare dry suit and undies. Well at least I didn't have a leak on my run :lol: But as I've always said, having a call of nature mid-racing is not the best of things.
After everybody has finished their runs and waiting for a while as we all discussed our runs with other drivers, the result is in. On my first run, due to my mistake at the end of the run I only scored 1 minute 06.779 seconds, whereas at the much-better second run I was able to score 1 minute 03.657 seconds. That final time put us and the Summer Yume at the 4th position in the Street FWD 1 class.........just one step away from podium! :D We were all ecstatic because not only we almost reach the podium, the Mirage's lap time has been improved by two seconds. But at the same time we were also rather disappointed because we knew we could do better.

After the podium ceremony, we gathered one more time for evaluation briefing. The Summer Yume crew planned to retune the car and install a rollcage to prepare to participate in Attack Tsukuba this year. And after Attack Tsukuba, they might either switch to a Evo IV,VII or IX Wagon. All the monetary prizes and memorabilias goes to the garage, including a special copy of RevSpeed Magazine, and Ohira-sensei would transfer me V$500 as my pay for being their driver. With the briefing over, we parted ways, I picked up my backpack again and returned to the public parking lot to pick up my HR34. As I went back home, it's quite clear that winter is going away, with skies looking much brighter and the air not being so chilly anymore.

[03 Feb 2020]
Quite a lot of thing has came for the day. My paycheck, my shop salary (visit it here!) and even more of my parts sale cash. Speaking about the shop, last month's sale has been a bit dismal, but I could understand not everybody is going to shop a lot of things all the time. And life itself has its own highs and lows. But on the other hand, my own parts sale has went very, very well, especially thanks to my own idea of putting them on Croooober and Nengun to allow international appeal. It looks like more people are trying to either restore, get spare parts for or repair their Evos and S-Chassis everyday :lol:

But hey don't worry, I still got some parts for those who have been hungry for parts here. Come forth as I reveal my parts for sale, and hit me up in this thread if you're interested! (you can also find them at the parts classifieds):
BigSmoke's Smokey Deals! Parts For Sale!
ALL ITEMS SOLD!!!

Note: Everything is in USED condition, quality wise guaranteed good (except tyres)
Additional V$100 if you're based outside Japan

SOLD!!!Varis S15 Carbon Hood @ V$400
Dry carbon, barely used, hood pins not included

SOLD!!!S13 OEM taillights @ V$200
Taken from MS13 Convertible

SOLD!!!RB26 stock crank,rod and piston assembly @ V$1500
Quite used, circa 100,000+ kms, will fit RB20, RB25, RB26 and RB30, machining might be required

SOLD!!!Z33 Exedy OEM clutch @ V$250
Barely used, single plate OEM design, better materials

SOLD!!!WedsSport TC105N 16" + Bridgestone Potenza RE002 @ V$2400
One full set/All four pieces, custom matte black paint on wheels, tyres are rather worn from TA and touge drives, unused for almost a year

SOLD!!!R33 Stock Wheels + Nankang tyres @ V$1200
Tyres are quite worn from drifting, unused for almost a year

And finally, let's do some wallet sum once more:
► Show Spoiler

Last edited by BigSmoke on 01 Mar 2020 21:25, edited 3 times in total.

Visit my RP HERE!

dariws
Associate

03 Feb 2020 21:06

Hey man.You write so much and soooo detailed.Amazing.
Congrats for the 4th position in the Street FWD 1 class. :D
Can't wait to see pics with the S15 on track.
BMW E39 530i ● M54B30 231HP ● 2003
BMW E36 328i ● M52B28 193BHP ● 1997

Lagano
Gangster

03 Feb 2020 21:37

Hell yeah another great fun time with you boys, thanks for taking me to that car meet too! :D The usual meet has too many cars to even notice them all but sometimes it's better to gather just with a few friends and well-known guys, well not yet known to me at that time but i'm glad you introduced some of them and their cool rides. I had a good chance to really appreciate all the cars there too and check them out from up close - i especially liked that Miata, cause you know i like cars to also be fast while looking good. ;) Speaking about fast, you did great on your home turf track day as usual! That Mirage surely goes hard but a power upgrade requires a matching improvement on the handling too! Especially now that it's in a more powerful class and tougher competition. And don't you worry about that last corner, sure you gotta watch out not to understeer there and it might seem scary, but if you happen to get thrown out of it you won't have that much of a crash :lol:

NotPerfect
Gangster

03 Feb 2020 22:10

OwO damn the s15!!! Looks so sick now and there's so much good to come uwu. Jeez you almost died in there take it ease biggie at least it was just one time thing and 4th dang you're really good in time attack :P

Roleplay cars :

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

03 Feb 2020 23:27

Damn biggie, you better to careful with FWD, it could become deadly anything time. :lol:

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

04 Feb 2020 01:29

dariws wrote:
03 Feb 2020 21:06
Hey man.You write so much and soooo detailed.Amazing.
Congrats for the 4th position in the Street FWD 1 class. :D
Can't wait to see pics with the S15 on track.
Thanks man, glad you like my writings! :D Yeah I personally can't wait to run the S15 as well, it's quite close to be completed ;)
Lagano wrote:
03 Feb 2020 21:37
Hell yeah another great fun time with you boys, thanks for taking me to that car meet too! :D The usual meet has too many cars to even notice them all but sometimes it's better to gather just with a few friends and well-known guys, well not yet known to me at that time but i'm glad you introduced some of them and their cool rides. I had a good chance to really appreciate all the cars there too and check them out from up close - i especially liked that Miata, cause you know i like cars to also be fast while looking good. ;) Speaking about fast, you did great on your home turf track day as usual! That Mirage surely goes hard but a power upgrade requires a matching improvement on the handling too! Especially now that it's in a more powerful class and tougher competition. And don't you worry about that last corner, sure you gotta watch out not to understeer there and it might seem scary, but if you happen to get thrown out of it you won't have that much of a crash :lol:
I knew having you to the meet is a great idea! :D Yeah I expected more upgrades for the Mirage as well, since it almost killed myself and itself :lol: I don't wanna be a huge piece of meat hanging on the catch fence like a burger meat
NotPerfect wrote:
03 Feb 2020 22:10
OwO damn the s15!!! Looks so sick now and there's so much good to come uwu. Jeez you almost died in there take it ease biggie at least it was just one time thing and 4th dang you're really good in time attack :P
As the great Mario Andretti once said, “If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough”.......okay I went too fast perhaps :lol: A lot of things would come to the S15 ;)
SimplifyHerb wrote:
03 Feb 2020 23:27
Damn biggie, you better to careful with FWD, it could become deadly anything time. :lol:
Guess I've learned my lesson from that :D

Visit my RP HERE!

alex876
Associate

06 Feb 2020 16:02

Can't wait to see the S15 on track good job
ROLEPLAY

BigSmoke
Gangster

06 Feb 2020 17:48

alex876 wrote:
06 Feb 2020 16:02
Can't wait to see the S15 on track good job
Thanks man :D

Visit my RP HERE!

BigSmoke
Gangster

12 Feb 2020 14:02

//VISUAL CONTACT DETECTED//

Visit my RP HERE!

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

12 Feb 2020 19:43

*insert the seizure gif*

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Niatross
Gangster

15 Feb 2020 14:34

HMM I HAVE INSIDE INFO ON WHAT THAT IS :lol:

BigSmoke
Gangster

16 Feb 2020 23:52

//WEAPON SYSTEMS READY//

After more than a year of modifying and struggling, another dream of mine comes to life!
It is time to welcome a new challenger and also to see the last seconds of its birth to life.
But that's not all, I also got to help a transfer process and become a fast taxi driver as well!
All of this can be seen by delving into the update below! :D

[Slight rewind to 02 Feb 2020]
Well, we had to rewind juuuuust a little bit because finally the final pieces of the S15 build has arrived, namely the turbo kit and the rollcage tubing! At this point I can't express how grateful I am to see finally another of my car projects is going to be completed, and it's even better in this case, arguably much better than when Silver Queen finished its upgrades (though definitely it's because I didn't have a plan to competitively drive it back then). The S15, as I've always said these days, is my paramount project, and one that is should be finished very soon for it's prime usage at Attack Tsukuba. And speaking of which, don't worry, the S15 will also run in events where purpose-built racecars is allowed to run ;)

Now though, it's time to complete the pieces before painting the S15 to give it the definite final touch, and give the S15 a spot welding treatment as well. Aside from the rollcage upgrade, spot welding is also important to improve the car's rigidity, especialy given my car is a used car that has been seeing some usage. Obviously the chassis twists and turns has given some effect on car's rigidity as a whole, plus there are some spots which can be improved, thus we are going to weld the body some more to give it a better rigidity.

But of course I can't do this alone, since I myslef isn't really a competent welder. And to make things worse, I don't have the tools to make a rollcage properly as well. But fear not, as I've mentioned in the previous update, Muza (@Niatross) and co. can help with that. Not only they've welded a thousand times more than I did, they also have the tools and skills to create a nice rollcage. So I whipped out my phone and called Muza.

"Yo Muza, it's me Edo"
"Ah hey Edo, just about when I'm going back home. Sup yo?"
"Good news mate......it's time"
"For what?"
"Rollcage and spot welding"
"Of wha-OH, THE S15?"
"YUP! It's time to lay the final piece of the puzzle"
"Hoowee! There's one problem though"
"Um, what?"
"AJ (@RocketBunnyS13) is sick, and Marc (@topy) is still finishing his Mustang"
"Oof, finally AJ found his limit. So when you guys can make it?"
"Since we're all busy at Mondays, Tuesday might be good to start the project"
"Ah great, I need this project to be finished as soon as possible. Time is running out"
"I know you'll say that. I'll tell the others as well"
"Ah great, and thanks for the help my man"
"Don't sweat it, see ya at Tuesday"
"See ya"

With the call sorted, it is time to get into the final stages of the build. Here comes a new challenger...........

[04 Feb 2020]
It's time to put the final puzzle pieces in! Alongside the parts and rollcage tubing, I also stuffed my sleeping bag, the same one as I used in Ebisu Summer Matsuri, into my Sprinter van. I figured out this would be quite a looooong job, particularly since I still had no particular rollcage design in mind, so there's a huge chance I had to stay in the garage, even if the boys actually had their own places to be. And I also bring my laptop, so I can design the rollcage and livery for the S15 while staying there.

After some time hauling the S15 across Tokyo, finally I arrived at the KS Garage at noon. Apparently Muza, AJ and Marc has finished working and also recently arrived at the workshop, so it's quite a perfect timing. After our usual fistbumps and brohugs, we wheeled down the S15 to one corner of the workshop, and carried everything off the Sprinter van, including the turbo kit, rollcage tubing, and the sleeping bag.

We decided to do the spot weding first, which requires us to strip down the car once again. Thankfully this time there isn't much to strip off since the car itself is already stripped, but then again we need to carefully lay the bodykit. And once again I proven myself to be an incompetent welder by slightly burning my pants in the welding process. I guess my knee are slightly burned as well.............don't worry, I'm fine, but obviously it's quite a painful burn. Moral story is, don't squat while welding.

As we done the welding process and assembled the car back, we continued to the second process, which is fitting the turbo kit. Disassembling the intercooler kit proven to be a complex job, but nevertheless fitting the new turbos, a pair of Greddy T88s is quite easy, and so does reassembling the intercooler kit. To drive the point home, I and Muza did it while having some onigiris! :P After installing the turbo we also did some turbo, ECU and cam tuning.
And now it's time to get into the rollcage.......but not before discussing over the design. Armed with a pencil, a printout of a S15 cutout image, the rulebook of 24 Hours of LeMons, a calculator, some cans of coffee and soda, two packs of Lays and Doritos, and some google images as reference, we sit around, scrabbling lines, drawings, writings and snacking along as we all debating and discussing over how my S15 should be caged.
Eventually all this discussion took quite a long time, we didn't realize it's already midnight and everyone had to go home. Particularly AJ, since he live in Mie instead of Tokyo and of course he still have work to attend the next day. On one side, I envied him since that means AJ lives near Suzuka Circuit, which is one of my favourite circuits around the world, but on the other side AJ had to suffer from daily commute to both his workplace and the garage.

A:"You sure you wanna stay here tonight?"
Ma:"Yeah, you can stay in my apartment tonight if you want"
E:"I need some inspiration for my livery and the cage sooo yeah"
Mu:"Hey don't sweat yourself man, AJ has a longer commute than you do"
E:"Well that's because he's a proper salaryman! He had to get clean and proper clothes!"
A:"Well, you're right actually"
E:"And if I'm staying with Marc we'd be talking about girls and Evos to no end!" *massive laughter*
Ma:"Anyways, if you need help from us, you know where are we"
Mu:"And here's the keys to the garage, sicne I know you'll still be going outside nonetheless" *throws garage keys*
E:*catches keys* "Thanks chaps, don't worry I won't make a mess of the garage. I'll sleep at the lounge"
A:"Alright, see ya tomorrow noon then"

And so, a long night has begun. After I bought several more onigiris, an okonomiyaki, and some cans of coffee, I continued my study for the perfect rollcage, as well as designing livery for the S15, since after it's caged it only needs a new wrap. Attack Tsukuba and most regional racing events around Japan has a rather relaxed rules over rollcage, where usually all you need to have is six point rollcage at minimum (so it covers the A-pillar, B-pillar, the roof and C-pillar without any crossbars), and bolt-in cages is allowed. Only when you're stepping to the national level does a proper rollcage is required, e.g. for Super Taikyu or Super GT. In contrast, European and American series normally bans bolt-in cages, which means all cages has to be welded, and at least one crossbar is required.

In the middle of designing the livery, I received a call from @Benny. I wonder what he's up to in the middle of a night?

"Yo, you there? Sorry to disturb you, I know you're going to sleep"
"Ah yeah Benny, kinda. But I'll listen, so what's up?"
"You still remember the AE86 in our garage right?"
"Ziga (@Lagano)'s AE86?"
"No, the other one, the blue one"
"Ah, that one. How about it? Thought you're gonna work on it"
"That's the initial plan, but turns out we never had the time to work on it"
"So what you gonna do with it? Sell them?"
"Um, no. Listen, you want a free AE86? I haven't offered this to anyone else"
"Wait WHAT? AN AE86 FOR FREE? Well I still got a train of unfinished projects but HELL YEAH SIGN ME UP MATE!"
"See I know you'll love it! I know you're the right man to ask. And wow that was loud man"
"Ah, sorry for shouting right on your ears but hey, who doesn't like a free AE86?"
"Right, you can pick it up anytime in our garage. Now go get some sleep, have a nice sleep my man"
"Have a nice rest as well, see ya"

Well it's not everyday you can get a mint AE86, let alone FOR FREE! Granted, the AE86 in question got no engines yet, but that also means an open canvas to paint on. I've driven an AE86 before, which is Kitagara-sensei's AE86 set up for drifting, and I absolutely love it. Technically speaking, AE86s are widely loved and popular even before the days of Initial D. In Japan, as you know it it's a king of mountain roads, in Britain it's a touring car superstar and in Ireland, it's a rally hero, which explains why there are so many AE86s in Ireland.

Judging by Benny's words he and Ziga did absolutely nothing on the car yet. That means the car is also still riding on steelies and painted blue, just like how Benny picked it up. For the AE86, I really have no plans yet for it. I could either build it into a bread-and-butter drift machine, an AE86 N2 replica or simply a mad grip racer just like one of my personal favourite AE86, the Australian Nulon Levin. All I know is, it's not gonna be as mad as either Beau Yates AE86, Carbon Junkie AE86 or TS Factory AE86. As for the power unit, I may either go for 4A-GE Blacktop, 4A-GZE, 3S-GE just like Ziga's AE86 or 3S-GTE just like the Nulon Levin.
I also discovered that night that I've missed a round of the championship I intended to join with the Evo V, which is the Eastern Kanto Circuit Trial Chamiponship. They also announced some changes. Now all the races are held in five rounds, all at Tsukuba Circuit. Not only that, those who participated in the race will receive 5 points in the overall standings simply by scoring a lap! That means not only I lost my full participation bonus once again, I will also return to the championship with quite a point deficit :cry: Thankfully their next round is at April so I can relax a bit.

[05 Feb 2020]
It's Day 2 of the S15 assembly and after a breakfast of leftover onigiris, spending time by finishing the livery design, and everyone went back rather early later that day, we started the job by finalizing the rollcage design and finally start on bending, connecting and welding the tubes to each other and also to the floor of the car. In the end, due to shortage of materials (damn it!), we decided to do an eight point design, which includes two corssbars in the middle. The rest of the materials wasn't enough to create another crossbar, but thankfully they can be made into two sidebars behind the doors. (okay, ignore the bolts there).
After we finished the final welding process and I almost set one of their welding gloves on fire, finally the work is done and dusted. After we talked for a while to express my gratitude to the crew, some fistbumps and brohugs later, I rushed back to Tsukuba to have the S15 painted immediately at VS Garage, so I can finish the car as quick as possible. Only a bit more to go until my dreams become reality.
As I arrived to the place, they just have finished a lasagna dinner, so they can't share some as usual to me :lol: but nevertheless the crew was quite excited to see a new time attack car being wheeled into their workshop. They quoted V$1000 for the entire livery printing and wrapping process,plus a windshield sticker, with the process taking at worst a week. Before leaving the shop, I helped them sand the remaining paint on the S15, which is quite quick to be done since only the doors and the main chassis has paints at this point.
As I took my steps outside the shop and went into the Sprinter, Ziga called me. I wonder what is it? And coincidentally, I wanted to order something from him..........

"Yo Edo, it's me Ziga"
"Oh hey yo my man. What's up?"
"Ah okay so uh, let's go straight to the point"
"Okay, what is it?"
"So I and Muza and co. had a deal some time ago. Basically we had an engine exchange"
"Okay, and uh, what's my role in this?"
"Help us deliver them. As you know it there's no suitable vehicle in Muza's fleet to deliver it"
"Ah I see, I reckon your Santa Fe can't fit them either"
"Exactly!"
"Okay so I'll pick them up with my Sprinter while picking up my AE86-"
"Wait nonono! Pick them up with the Silverado, Benny would like to tell you something about it later"
"Ah okay then, I can pick the AE86 anytime anyways. Oh one thing Ziga"
"Yea?"
"You still got these cupholders? I'd like two of them"
"Oh yeah yeah we still got some! You want one? V$50 each"
"Two, actually. I'll pay and pick them up as I got to your garage"
"Ah, cool. So back to the engine delivery, first pick the engines from Muza's place, then deliver it to ours"
"Ah okay, anything else?"
"When you're here, we'll load you up with another engine for them plus your cupholders. Deliver the engine and your job is done"
"Ah okay great, see ya tomorrow"
"See ya, and thanks"

Well it's time to fire up the Silverado once more, and I wonder what is Benny going to do with it? Well, it's Benny and Ziga's former parts truck after all. In the meantime, after I arrived back home, I ordered a set of HANS device for my racing overalls, which costs me V$414. Normally I don't race with them, but I discovered that in Attack series rules, drivers of the cars that can go past 59 seconds in Tsukuba is required to wear HANS or other forms of neck restrainer.

Why's that? Well, in an event of a crash, you'll know that your body is subjected to intertia physics. As you're driving, your car is moving, but your body isn't. When you crash, it's the other way around: Your car stops, but your body hasn't, since there are some energy left from your car's movement. As a result, you can be thrown forward, which is why seatbelt is required in cars to restrain you from the forward movement. Problem is, in normal cars which never reaches racing speeds, your upper body will still likely to escape from the seatbelt restraints. HANS device is created to keep our neck and head steady in case of these kinds of crashes.

[06 Feb 2020]
It's time for the engine transport! First off, as instructed, I went to the KS garage again to pick up the first engines to be delivered. After refuelling the Silverado (LS7 is quite a thirsty engine, you know) and weaving through Tokyo traffic in such a big truck, finally I managed to get to KS garage on time. Muza and Marc has been waiting for me as they were in the process of packaging the engines.

From their side, they're going to send an LS2 and a Ford Windsor 351 engine to Ziga and Benny. The LS2 previously powered Muza's pearlescent RX-7 FD from USA, which he deemed 'cursed' and must go away. Thankfully, he has sourced a 13B engine as a replacement. Meanwhile, Marc bought the 351 as a crate engine before switching to a 302 unit, since he wanted his Mustang to resemble a Trans-Am racer.

With the packaging done, we stuffed them up to the Silverado's bed and tied them up to secure them, then Muza and Marc went off first to Ziga's place. It might be a bit difficult to deliver them since the LS7 made this car felt like a battleship, but at least these engines provides a ballast for the rear end so they won't go in a flurry of wheelspin I guess. (Also sorry for the trash photoshop skills)
After some more hours of battling the traffic from Tokyo to some parts of Fukushima while babysitting two engines on my back by not driving too agressively, finally I reached Benny's garage just a little bit after midday. As usual, Ziga is working on another of his car, this time being another R33 which has lost its rear end, Muza and Marc were chilling around after arriving first, while Benny browses used cars and parts car auctions for the 14045th time. As I went into their garage, Ziga went to the back of the truck as the LS7 burbles inside the garage.

E:"Here it is, your V8 engines as you want it"
Z:"Hey thanks Smoke, I appreciate your effort. Right, let's get them off the truck. Oi Benny!"
B:"Yea? Oh you're here! Okay okay I'll be there real quick"
After all of us got the engines off the turck's bed, suddenly AJ and Marcus (@marcus915) came to the garage as well. Turns out Muza, Ziga, AJ and Marcus are going to drift at the recently reopened Ebisu Circuit, which has done their yearly maintenance beforehand. After I paid for the cupholders I ordered to them, with Ziga and co. going away, it is up to me, Marc and Benny to stuff there engines.

So according to Ziga, they will stuff the LS somewhere first, meanwhile the Windsor will go to my old Mustang Foxbody, which I've sold to him recently. Apparently before switching to a 302 unit, Marc has tuned it by hand to make it produce around 450 BHP, so that's actually quite an upgrade despite the Windsor being a much older engine than the Modular engine currently sitting in the Foxbody. As for the Modular itself, it'll power Ziga's red R33, since the Modular is quite a bulletproof engine, therefore perfect as a missile drifter engine.
After we finished the engine swap operation, we packed up the next engine involved in the deal. From Ziga and Benny's side, they got an unused RB26 in the stable, and with Muza being a Nismo mechanic, obviously he's the one who should receive it. As we pack up the engine in another crate, I talked to Benny about the Silverado.

"So uh, Ziga said you gonna do something to the Silverado"
"Ah so he told you eh? Yeah, I've got a huge plans for it"
"Go on, it was your truck after all"
"Well, let's just say we gonna modify it a little bit. You haven't do anything to it did you?"
"Nah, I haven't had any time to modify it"
"Great, but that's all I can say about it for now. Anyways we're gonna go back home for a while at 9th"
"Ah okay, do you want me to drive for you two to the airport?"
"Sure, that's quite nice of you"
With the packaging done and the engine loaded to the truck, I and Marc (because he went to the garage with Muza, and Muza is still at Ebisu) made our way back to Tokyo. On the way back we made a lunch stop somewhere at the suburbs of Tsukuba. We ordered a bowl of chicken ramen with some narutomaki and egg topping. After some time eating the ramen while discussing about our Evos and some um, tech and girls, we grabbed some cans of coffee and went back home. Oh, and it's also a perfect opportunity to install and test the cupholders! :D
After some time navigating through Tokyo after hours traffic, we finally arrived back to KS garage. Neither Marc or Muza has any plans over the RB26 yet so far, so we just decided to stuff it on a corner of the garage. With the job finally done, we decided to close the garage and wet back to our cribs.

[09 Feb 2020]
As requested by Benny, this time I acted as his taxi for his and Ziga's trip to Narita Airport. Their flight is scheduled at noon, but given they are rather far from Tokyo, this means I have to drive early to their place, in fear of both rush hour and lunch traffic.
After assisting them packing their stuff (thankfully the Silver Queen can carry all of them), we set off to the highways heading to Narita airport. Thankfully at this point traffic has been dispersed a bit, so there are some breathing room for the SIlver Queen to unleash those engine power on the highway. I gleefully blasted some music as we go along the expressway.
Some time later we blasted over the Wangan line as we try to find the fastest route to Narita airport. And of course, being one of the most sought-after place to race and test your car's top speed and stability, we can't miss the opportunity to run on this legendary stretch of expressway. As you migt already know it, this highway stretch is where most of highway battles are decided alongside the C1 loop, and also the very main point of interest in the Wangan Midnight manga series.
At this point, I should admit that I'm rather worried of blowing the Silver Queen's engine to bits, but at the same time I'm confident it can survive since the stroked internals are much stronger than the stock ones. After all, it has been driven for one full competitive year and look, it still lives! So flooring it across some parts of the Tokyo Expressway shouldn't be a huge problem either.
Finally, we arrived at Narita Airport with acutally still a lot of time to spare before the flight. After I parked the car, I decided to have lunch with them with some coffee, and stayed until finally they boarded their plane. It's been quite a fun 2-3 months with them in my home turf after they invited me to visit them multiple times last year, and I can't wait for them to come back again.

After I arrived at my crib, I also received my HANS device I ordered and immediately tried to fit them to my neck. It requires some time to get used to it indeed, but all of this is for my own life's sake, so I have to appreciate it.

[11 Feb 2020]
Earlier at the day I spent my time installing the other cupholder to Kaede and also testing it using one of my coffee cans that I store at the fridge. With this one simple upgrade, Kaede's status as a cruiser has been solidified and it's basically complete and ready to rock all the time! Now I can have a drink quickly while cruising with my friends inside Kaede.
But the biggest surprise came later that day: VS Garage called me, they informed me that the S15 has finished the wrap and stickering process! Overjoyed with this news, I immediately returned Kaede to its place and hurried to my Sprinter van to pick the S15 up. My heart raced intensely as I went from my crib to VS Garage, just like how I want to race my S15.

And finally, after more than a year working on the S15, I can finally say....... HERE. IT. IS!!!
I decided to paint it in a combo of black and blue with a small white stripe to make it look simple and sleek. I just wanna make it simple for now, nothing too flashy. And of course the car is adorned by stickers of brands I used on the car, plus the KamiSama sticker as a thank-you gesture to Muza and co. for helping me building the car from scratch. And as a bonus, there's also Advan's 90s triangle logo on the fenders. And also just like some of my cars, it's also completed with one of my personally-designed slap sticker.

So far however I haven't thought a nickname for it........thoguh it might not need one after all. If I had to choose one however, I'd say I should call it Raiden, after the Japanese god of thunder, and yes, also that Mortal Kombat character. Coincidentally, Raiden in MK series always wear blue and white garbs, while his dark form in MK11 has red and black garbs instead.
Extremely excited with this final look of the S15, I immediately brought it to ProMods Garage in Tokyo to have it run on their dyno to check the power figure. Wew boi I've going back and forth from and to Tokyo these days, but it's all worth it. As I arrived to the garage, I and the ProMods crew quickly wheeled the S15 up to their dyno. I fired up the S15 into life and seconds later, a very loud RB26 baritone symphony filled the garage.
Some time after, the dyno result is revealed......here it is!
I'm extremely glad our setup made it to my exact target of 750 BHP (actually it's 2 BHP more, so 752 it is)! With this setup, I'm quite sure the S15 can go for the 57 or even 56 seconds zone. The next thing I should do for the S15 is........of course taking it to the track, that's what it is for! After I arrived back to my crib I immediately registered for two events in Tsukuba.

The first one is Zummy Racing's track day event at 16th, which registration costed me V$209. While it's a normal track day, usually Zummy Racing event is filled with time attack regulars and professional, so it's a perfect event to get accustomized to the S15 while seeing how it compares to other competitors before the main event. If I'm lucky, I might just be able to meet the top runners as well! And being a normal track day, there's no class segregation and no prizes, so it's all up for grabs here.

The second event is, of course, the main event the S15 is intended for, Attack Tsukuba! The event registration costed me V$393, and I registered for the Second class. As for the class segregation I'll expalin it on the next update, but here's a nice thing: Unlike other time attack events, you can pick how you would run your session.

There are two of them, and you can pick between one-lap Super Lap shootout and a usual free running method for each runs. If you pick the free run option, the duration is 23 minutes for the first session and 20 minutes for the second session. As a rather sensible man, I picked up free run method for my first run so I can heat up the tyres, and super lap for the second one as there would be a lot of rubbers later that day and so I can watch the pros doing it for real after my run.

With the S15 project officially completed and ready to run (though admittably there are room for improvements, will sort after Attack event), it's time to move to the next crucial project.........

[12 Feb 2020]
.......and that is the Evo V! The Evo V so far only needs brakes, transmission and engine upgrades to be done, and this time we'll sort two of these three, plus exhaust system. For the brakes, I selected Alcon CR6 Race big brake kits, 6 pot 365mm on the front and 4 pot 343mm on the rear. They costed me V$2070 and V$1695 respectively. Problem is, they aren't sold with brake pads, so I had to buy Ferodo DS Uno pads, which costed me additional V$295 on the front and V$260 on the rear.

For the exhaust system and transmission, I ordered them while consulting to the grandmaster Human Lan Evo Marc. For the exhaust, I decided to combine HKS exhaust manifold, Apexi GT Spec front pipe and HKS HiPower Silent exhaust which costed me V$1248, V$258 and V$589 each. The first two was chosen for that maximum durability and power output, while the SIlent exhaust is there to reassure the car to be streetlegal and not too noisy, so perfect for daily usage. Marc said cutting and welding might be required to fit them though.

For the transmission, since the transmission for Evo IV to IX has the same design, I have a bit of a mad idea: Fit the Evo IX 6-speed transmission to the Evo V engine, for better torque distribution and um, slightly better engine economy. The 6-speed transmission however is quite notorious for being not lubricated properly, hence easy to break due to overheating. Alongside Evo IX 6-speed transmission (small upgrade, costed me V$3495), transfer case (with slight upgrades, costing me V$4050) and front shaft (also upgraded, costing me V$617) so the transmission can work properly, Marc also recommended me to grab B&M Supercooler for V$129, which can be used for engine or tranmission oil cooler, plus Jack's Transmission Performance Upgrades at V$3500 for stronger transmission internals.

Alongside these things I also bought Exedy twin plate clutch for V$1500, Racefab Front subframe for V$1200, Racefab North-South Bar for V$225, Cusco Type RS front and rear diffs for V$1492 and V$921 each, Cusco Side Gear for V$90 and another of Marc's recommendation, Unlimited Works final gear set for V$1080. Yep, once again I've blown up my savings.

And finally, let's see how my wallet survives this financial landslide:
► Show Spoiler

Last edited by BigSmoke on 26 Feb 2020 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

alex876
Associate

17 Feb 2020 03:58

Boii that s15 is sick
ROLEPLAY

NotPerfect
Gangster

17 Feb 2020 17:47

OwO daammnnn the s15 is wild af and owo how's the silverado for you? I've planned to buy one of these too since i got no practical cars at all lol. Also damn the s15 livery is so simple yet so good it really did came all together and a 752HP? I'm absolutely in love uwu

Roleplay cars :

BigSmoke
Gangster

17 Feb 2020 21:30

alex876 wrote:
17 Feb 2020 03:58
Boii that s15 is sick
Thanks man! I'm glad you like the S15 as well :D
NotPerfect wrote:
17 Feb 2020 17:47
OwO daammnnn the s15 is wild af and owo how's the silverado for you? I've planned to buy one of these too since i got no practical cars at all lol. Also damn the s15 livery is so simple yet so good it really did came all together and a 752HP? I'm absolutely in love uwu
It indeed is raw and wild! :D I never have driven the Silverado before the LS7 swap way back then, but it's a great truck to haul stuff if you want an American one. I fyou need to haul lots of things the AWD model is recommended, but the RWD model like mine usually does the job equally well. I can't wait to drive the S15 on the track as well! ;)

Also, since I'm afraid if I'll pass the 60,000 characther reply limit, I'll share a bit of my thoughts here in the spoiler, even though I already have a whopping collection of 11 cars (despite some of them not working)...........
► Show Spoiler

Visit my RP HERE!

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

18 Feb 2020 10:40

DDDAAAAMMMMNNNNN S15 IS ON THE FIRREEE! SOMEONE GRAB FIRE EXTINGUISHER!

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Niatross
Gangster

18 Feb 2020 10:56

FINALLY THE S15 GETS A SAVAGE EXTERIOR TO MATCH THE GUTS
And i must say, the livery does look epic so far! Very well suited to its purpose which is Time Attack
Cant fuckn WAIT to run alongside on tsukuba (though im probably getting taken to gapplebees)

Also, thanks for hauling the LS2 and RB26 for us man!
And also, i see you now have an AE86 project for yourself too! If i were to pick a powertrain i'd probably choose between F20C and 3S-GE tbh. But regardless, your choice, im sure you'll make it GOOD

Lagano
Gangster

18 Feb 2020 14:10

Well someone get a fire extinguisher indeed, as you often say! :lol: I'm sure you already have one in the S15 though, just in case something happens. Anyway it looks amazing now with the livery, like a proper racecar should!!! With the rollcage and all the performance parts sorted out it's time for you to give it all on the track ;)

Also thanks for another epic ride in the Evo 3 and all the help with our projects, well deserved that AE86. Hope you build it better man! Engine wise you could go with some of the classic choices such as a 20V 4A-GE or a 3S-GE like mine has. If you find the latest model of it (from Altezzas) you get 200hp right out of it! You could even go for a 1UZ for more madlad points while still keeping the same brand! :D

BigSmoke
Gangster

19 Feb 2020 14:58

SimplifyHerb wrote:
18 Feb 2020 10:40
DDDAAAAMMMMNNNNN S15 IS ON THE FIRREEE! SOMEONE GRAB FIRE EXTINGUISHER!
Soon we might need an entire fire brigade for it :lol: Thanks man! :D
Niatross wrote:
18 Feb 2020 10:56
FINALLY THE S15 GETS A SAVAGE EXTERIOR TO MATCH THE GUTS
And i must say, the livery does look epic so far! Very well suited to its purpose which is Time Attack
Cant fuckn WAIT to run alongside on tsukuba (though im probably getting taken to gapplebees)

Also, thanks for hauling the LS2 and RB26 for us man!
And also, i see you now have an AE86 project for yourself too! If i were to pick a powertrain i'd probably choose between F20C and 3S-GE tbh. But regardless, your choice, im sure you'll make it GOOD
Wew glad you like the livery my man! And I would like to thank you, AJ and Marc for helping me build the S15, I really, really appreciate it :D Without your help it'll be either still being a bare chassis or perhaps being tuned incorrectly. I'm so grateful for your help and advice! And because of it I also can't wait to run beside you guys in Tsukuba one day ;)

Benny giving me the AE86 was quite a shock indeed, I think I'm going for the modern 2-liter route indeed. Well, I can only hope I won't mess this up ;)
Lagano wrote:
18 Feb 2020 14:10
Well someone get a fire extinguisher indeed, as you often say! :lol: I'm sure you already have one in the S15 though, just in case something happens. Anyway it looks amazing now with the livery, like a proper racecar should!!! With the rollcage and all the performance parts sorted out it's time for you to give it all on the track ;)

Also thanks for another epic ride in the Evo 3 and all the help with our projects, well deserved that AE86. Hope you build it better man! Engine wise you could go with some of the classic choices such as a 20V 4A-GE or a 3S-GE like mine has. If you find the latest model of it (from Altezzas) you get 200hp right out of it! You could even go for a 1UZ for more madlad points while still keeping the same brand! :D
Of course it gotta have one, I don't wanna be roasted inside the car in case of fire :lol: But eh, let's hope the S15 never literally catch fire in first place ;) Anyways glad you liked the livery as well!

I really hope I can finish the AE86 and won't mess it up. Blacktop or 20V 4A-GE from AE101 does sound interesting and also period-correct, but Ii'm not really sure if there are still some of them for cheap. The 3S-GE on the other hand might be the way to go, but still not sure if I should go NA like you did, or turbo like the Nulon Levin. I know Driftworks has their AE86 V8-swapped, but nah, I'm not going for the V8 route

Visit my RP HERE!

dariws
Associate

29 Feb 2020 09:29

I'm speachless of how that S15 looks. :roll:

BigSmoke
Gangster

29 Feb 2020 17:59

dariws wrote:
29 Feb 2020 09:29
I'm speachless of how that S15 looks. :roll:
As a fellow track racing enthusiast, I know you'll like it ;)

Visit my RP HERE!

BigSmoke
Gangster

01 Mar 2020 21:22

Pure Grinding

With the S15 finally completed and ready to rock, it's time to see and test how fast can it go!
But the S15 isn't the only thing subjected for training, as I train my drift skills one more time.
And after being halted for a while, the Evo V continues its build progress!
Let's se how it's all unfolded by peeking at the update below! :D

[16 Feb 2020]
It's time to bring the S15 to its official first event, the Zummy Racing track day! As you'd expect, I've been waiting for this day to happen. Sure, I can actually wait for Attack Tsukuba and make my debut there, but obviously I need to get accustomized to the S15 first. I'm also looking for a reference time to see how fast the S15 can go so far before the big event, and Zummy Racing's track day event is a great event to do so. As I've explained at the previous update, despite being a normal track day, Zummy Racing's track day is usually filled with time attack pros looking to test their cars before big events, particularly Attack Tsukuba. Not only I can see how far I can fight against them, I can actually gather with them within a slightly less competitive environtment.

So, with my heart singing, I had my breakfast, took shower, and get into my t-shirt and trousers. After prepping my race suit, gloves, and HANS device, as well as carrying some tools into the Sprinter, I wheeled the S15 into the tow trailer, and drove into Tsukuba Circuit in early morning.
As I arrived at the circuit and set up my makeshift workshop with the Sprinter, I noticed that there are quite a lot of pros that make their shakedown indeed! Some are regular faces like Fire Ando and his Escort Evo and Car Shop Dream with their RX7 FD, and some are regular faces that sadly won't participating in this year's Attack, such as the Carbon Junkie AE86. There are also some new rides beside my S15 as well. Car shop Wacky Mate also decided to shake down their newest creation, another RX7 FD. What made me interested with them is the RX7 is created and driven by Rock Suzuki, brother of Tsukuba's current time attack king, Under Suzuki.

As I almost finished my preps, those who know me immediately scrambles around the impromptu workshop and the S15. Of course, the question of "Hey, is that yours?" pops up immediately and repeatedly. I took some time to talk with them and introduce them to the S15 in depth, and overall everyone looks excited and was able to appreciate the S15. Some pros also took their time to check on my car, and they were also interested in it! I'm quite glad it can make a great first impression.
With the crowd slowly dispersing from my car and track temperature increasing, I decided to run the S15 right away. After having my first call of nature, renting a VBox device from the track staff, getting into my racing suit and getting used to the HANS device once more, I fired up the S15 for the first time in the circuit and rolled into the pits, waiting for the pit light to turn green as usual.
Pit lights turns green and I went off to the track for the S15's first outing. I guess I should add that this probably would be its only appearance without racing numbers. The weather is fine and friendly for the cars currently, but for the S15, because it sits on a relatively new tyres and the engine hasn't been run for more than a year, it'll need some time before they can heat up properly and synchronize with my driving rythm.
After some laps of heating the tyres and engine, I let myself loose and started my hot lap session. My first impression of the car is......it's actually rather mad, a bit faster than I expected. Well, I don't think jumping from a 450 BHP AWD car from 750 BHP RWD car is an easy task anyways. And there's the power as well: Despite me arguably ruining the weight distribution by putting an RB26 up ahead, the tail is noticeably still a bit tail-happy on initial laps and takes some time to get used to. I just can't mash the accelerator quickly anymore, this one needs a finer footwork.
After running for a while as I found the correct rythm to drive the car, the car starts to gel with my hands and reflexes. The aero package does the job surprisingly very well, and the Adva A048 tyres shows why it's one of the definitive motorsport tyres for the job. It sticks and gains grip even faster and better than the AD08R that I use on the SIlver Queen and Evo V, and combined with that huge rear wing provides solid grip on the back. The front bumper also keep the car under control, aided with the weight of the RB26 engine. Thankfully it doesn't produce much understeer as much as I feared.

Now, if only I can get A048s as daily tyres..........The reason of why I don't is not only they burn faster, they also performs badly in rainy condition. That's kinda expected since A0xx series (A048, A050, A052) is track-oriented, while ADxx (AD08, AD08R) is balanced between track and daily usage. Of course it won't be funny if I pick A048s for my Evo V only then to spin and slide in wet roads at high speed. Yes, even if it's an AWD car.
Chassis poise in the S15 is also spectacular, thanks to all the suspension upgrades, spot welding and the homemade rollcage that I and the boys at KS Garage made some time ago. The car felt quite flat around the corners of Tsukuba, almost no body roll can be felt so far as I can tell. I can also take higher speed around corners compared to my Silver Queen. The fear of understeering or snap oversteer though is still there.
At this point you're expecting me to talk about the engine right? Quite obviously the engine feels powerful and sprightly, and looks like it works quite nicely as well, thanks to the new oil pump repelling the famous early R32 RB26's engine lubrication problems. What should be highlighted here though is the transmission. Turns out the short shifters works much quicker than I expected! Thankfully I didn't mis-shift the S15 at all, but the speed and time of the gearshift really made my left hand and foot worked quite hard to match the engine revs and memorizing what gear I'm in. Indeed the vendors weren't kidding when they say you have to entirely re-learn driving manual cars when you got one of these equipped!
After around 20-24 laps around the track, I decided that's enough for the day, finished my hotlap and went back to the pits. I don't want to burn the A048s quickly and strain the RB26 before Attack Tsukuba, and I think so far I've got what it takes to drive the S15 consistently. With my session over, I went back to my impromptu work station, cool the car down, return the VBox, went off for second call of nature and get into a dry t-shirt and pants.
First outings for the S15 turned out to be a relative success, as I scored 57.184 as my best lap for the day. Still a bit far away from my target of 56 seconds, but it's absolutely impressive given the circumstances and I'm sure we're getting there in time. I spent the rest of the day talking with fellow drivers and gathering advices from the pros.......they were excited about the lap time as well, and gave me quite a lot of feedback for Attack :D

[18 Feb 2020]
With the S15 adaptation and debut run sorted, I think it is a good time to train my reflex and car control skills once more with another drift sesh. It's time to unleash the Meme Machine again, but instead of going to Ebisu as it usually does, this time we're going to Nikko instead, which is much closer to Tsukuba (and by extension, Tokyo). As usual, the Meme Machine is dispatched instead of the ER34 in fear of damages caused by drifft attempts, including........as you guessed it, wall taps.

I'm not really looking for wall taps today though, today's target is simply have myself control a high-powered car at a small, tight circuit. Granted, Tsukuba is much faster and slightly wider than Nikko, but that's the point: If I can handle a high powered car at Nikko, chances are I can do it at Tsukuba as well. Nikko is a heaven for low-powered cars and motorbikes, but it's actually quite a hell for high-powered cars. That's why their motorbikes and endurance championship is dominated by small sport bikes, kei cars and lightly tuned cars as opposed to superbikes and fully tuned cars.

After driving for a while through the traffic, I arrived at Nikko at brunch time. The track is already filled with bike racers and fellow drifters. Turns out today is a shared trackday between bikes and cars, with bikes running first. So after I parked the Meme Machine, I decided to have some banters with fellow drivers, spectators and some resting bikers. As you might remember I have some fascination on bikes, but I'm too big to ride one :lol: And yeah, the Meme Machine is still broken as always, I haven't had time to repair it. That includes the driver side front window as well, which was broken completely at Ebisu last year.
After lunchtime and the bikes have left the track, it's time for the cars to get into the track. I went back to the Meme Machine, rolled it to the pit exit and wait for the pit lights to turn green as usual.
Lights turn green and I went off in a flurry of oversteer, already attacking turn 1 in full force. Apparently with this much power I can build up enough momentum to get around the first set of turns, though the possibility of spinning is still huge.Steering a car as big as the X110 here is rather hard, just like in Ebisu Touge, but nevertheless I've made a good start.
After a while, my theory of this track being a hell for high-powered cars is confirmed to be half-true. Well for gripping, if you have your car being anywhere past 500 BHP, you're not going to get past 4th or even 3rd gear, except if you have short gear ratio. And this track definitely isn't designed for anything past 500 or 600 BHP, as you won't mash the accelerator often in your grip-tuned car. For drifting however, as you've seen all the time, it's quite a heaven for low and high powered car. Cars with low power doesn't need to build up much speed to get sideways and there's a lot of slow corners here, whereas high-powered car will enjoy transitioning quickly and holding longer drifts here. Just make sure you enter the corner in the correct speed though, it's actually still easy to overcook it here.
As the day passed by, the track got more crowded and basically almost the entire track got covered in tyre smoke as everyone went sideways and rowdy. I also got into several tandems and had a nice run, though this costs me even more dents in the doors and bumpers, to the point that the front bumper cracked and bent violently as you can see, as well as my reflex and awareness as sometimes I had to avoid cars spinning in front of me. All in all though, I'm okay with it. That's what the Meme Machine is for after all.
Later on though, the inevitable happened. All in a sudden my front bumper decided it had enough and fell off from the Meme Machine, right in my trajectory of drifting and split into pieces after the front wheels crushed it. Apparently there are some more cars behind me, and thus they also ran over the remnants of my front bumper, breaking it into a million smaller pieces. Ouch. I guess the damage already shows its effect on the Meme Machine, but I carried on nonetheless. (Also ignore the unfinished intercooler plumbing)
In general though the Meme Machine is still unfazed, though Ii really have to select the opportunity to have tandems now. I don't want to have another bump affecting the intercooler, particularly since, um, it's sourced from eBay which doesn't spell quality at all. It won't be funny if the intercoolers stop working, or worse, got bent after multiple tandem bashing.
Aaaaaand then more inevitable things happened. For the 14045th time in my drift hours, I spun while trying to drift. I lost both my focus and grip at the same time, resulting in yet another gravel bath for the Meme Machine. At least this time the barriers are far away from the track.
Shortly after, after another tandem bump whilst I lead a pack of drifters, the rear bumper decided to follow suit with the front one and fell off as we all drifting, crushed into yet another pieces of debris as well. With more of my car's parts falling on the track, I guess that (a)I've become an unwanted danger on the track and (b)It's probably the time that I should fix Meme Machine.
With Meme Machine's condition slowly deterioriating and myself getting tired going around Nikko, eventually I decided to call it a day and went back to the pits, both to have some rest before going back and to check the extent of the damage occured to the Meme Machine.
As I got off from the car, I immediately apologized to everyone for leaving debris on track and almost endangered other drivers. Thankfully everyone, including track staff seemed okay with that, since it's actually a common sight at Nikko. I was also spared from track damage bills as well since the asphalt is relatively new, so debris are easier to clean and won't do additional damage to both the track surface and other drivers. I'm so glad about that, though I actually could pay for it.

Afterwards I and several other drivers and spectators checked my car for damages. Turns out it is time to fix the Meme Machine indeed: Not only the front and rear bumpers are gone, the rear tyres are quite deteriorated as well. In fact the rear left tyres went through a slow, micro-sized puncture, which we assume occured near the end of my drift session. They aren't performance focused tyres after all. If you're wondering, they're stretched Yokohama Ecos, which is a economy-focused tyres compared to Advan tyres I usually use.

The front right arms, which I haven't had time to fix properly, starts to get some damage once more. The turbo seemed like it's going to give up as well, judging by the amount of smoke billowed from it. I'm not sure what happened though, but the turbines are still intact. Well, it's kinda expected from something sourced from eBay, but it's rather amazing how the turbo kit endured through several intense drift sessions.
With all the damage assessed, we all agree that it's not quite safe to bring this car back to my crib manually, particularly since, um, I left the stock wheels back at my crib, so I actually didn't bring any spares here. Thankfully I still saved the tow truck call number I received from Rantaro a year ago. And so, my day ended up with a journey back home with the Meme Machine on the tow truck bed.

With the Meme Machine almost officially going out from action for a while, I think it's time to finally repair it properly. I could buy the parts individually, but given how cheap X110s are, I might as well pick up a parts car and pull up the parts from them. And this also means the Meme Machine is thrown way back to the end of my project priority list. But as I'm going to get a parts car for it, watch this space. I might as well sell the parts car after removing the parts I needed for the Meme Machine....... ;)

[20 Feb 2020]
Nothing is better to start the day other than receiving parts for my Evo V! And since there are a lot of them+some of them requires machining, this means another visit to the KS garage for yet another mod feedback, suggestions and of course extra hand and tools on assembling the newly-bought mods. And so, after a quick brekkie before I continued my translation jobbie, I called Muza (@Niatross) as quick as possible, hoping he's not yet being busy in Omori Factory. Oh I might add, at this point all parts I've listed in the previous updates has been sold completely.

"Yo Muza, it's me Edo. Are you working right now?"
"Oh hey man, morning. We're about to start actually, anything I can help?"
"Okay I'll be quick. I've received some more parts for the Evo V"
"Ah you want us helping you install them right?"
"Exactly! So can I come over this afternoon?"
"Yeah, I'll tell Marc (@topy) and AJ (@RocketBunnyS13) about this as well"
"Ah yeah yeah, thanks for your help man, have a good day at work"
"See ya this afternoon"

Later that day, I loaded the Evo V on the Sprinter van and towed it all the way to the KS Garage in Tokyo as usual. After fighting through heavy afternoon traffic and heavy rainfall, I made it in time as Muza and Marc apparently also has just arrived at the garage. Sadly AJ had to work overtime this time so he can't join us on assembling the Evo. Before we start working on the Evo, we wheeled it inside the garage and cleaned it from rainwater.
With the cleaning session over, we started installing the parts one by one. First off, the Evo IX 6-speed transmission and parts regarding to it (flywheel, clutch, LSD etc.). The 6-speed manual transmission in Evo VIII and IX has the frustrating problem of lubrication design error, causing 4th and 6th gear to be under-lubricated. As a result, they tend to overheat very quickly and thus destroying themselves over time. A solution for this is machining the transmission oil line a bit, both for better flow and in this case, to allow the installation of the oil cooler, using the B&M Supercooler which can be used for either engine or transmission cooling. This way the transmission gets lubricated evenly, and by extension ensuring transmission longetivity. Marc has done this to his daily Evo VIII, so I'm pretty sure this works as well.

Mechanical wise my theory is prove to be true. The Evo IX transmission works like a charm on the Evo V, with not much modifications needed aside from the front subframe, front shaft, and north-south bar to fit the Evo IX transmission better. Shifting felt much more solid as well, being a fresh transmission with some strengthening upgrades. And just like the SIlver Queen, we decided to adjust the gear ratio to match that of the car's asphalt-spec WRC challenger counterpart, and adjusted the torque diff a bit rearwards.
Next up, the brakes. As you can read from the last update, I swayed from my usual Wilwood choice (though I still want Brembos, but they're pricey) and switched to Alcon CR6 brakes. Not only they're actually quite big enough to fit the 18 inch Volk ZE40 wheels, they're also strong enough for motorsport usage. The shop that shipped these brakes to me, Ross Sport, used these brakes for their Evos in various open class endurance racing around the British Isles, including Britcar 24 Hours at Silverstone circuit, so there's a solid credibility for these brakes. Additionally, Alcon also used to supply brakes for several F1 teams.
And finally, the exhaust assembly. Just like the transmission, it needed a bit of machining, but for a different reason. This time, it's because I chose different brands for the exhaust front pipe (Apexi) and the rest of the exhaust (HKS). Fitting the front pipe to the manifold is easy it's the exhaust that went a bit problematic as it turns out the front pipe made the overall exhaust length a bit longer than it should be.

I and Marc was contemplating on using hammers to force-fit the assembly, but just as we pretended to be Thor and Kratos before continuing our work, Muza gave us the idea of simply cutting the exhaust a bit and welding the end of it back to shorten the exhaust. Since we don't want to damage the exhaust too much, we went with the idea anyways. After some more hours of cutting and welding, with my pants almost on fire from grinder and welding fires, we finally finished the assembly. The resulting exhaust sound is a raspy, baritone-ish tone, courtesy of the huge Apexi GT front pipe and the sound-reducing HKS HiPower silent exhaust.
With the work done, we didn't immediately ended the day, but we took some time to have some hot coffee and nice chatter as we take some rest. Turns out it's not only I and Marc who will attend Attack Tsukuba, Muza will join as well with his M4! While Marc will run in the Turbo class and I will run in the Second class, Muza decided to run in the Radial class, which means he'll run alongside the Summer Yume Mirage and our favourite BMW, the Assist M4. I also pitched them an idea of a shared track day car, just like what Ross Sport did with their Proton Persona. While they do have a shared drift car in the form of AJ's S14 and S13, they haven't had one for the grip purpose.

Marc apparently also wants to build a rally car and compete in the national championship as well! Makes sense really, given he's a master of Evos, which made their name in the World Rally Championship. Even today, years after Evos stopped production and Group N class is slowly phased out from international rallying, many Evos from various generations are still flinging dirt and sliding around in various levels of rally racing around the world. But in order to confirm how we would build the car, we need to know the national rules as well.
And so, I hit up the national regulations and infos regarding the cars used for competing. So turns out Japan's national and regional (at least most of them) shares the same ruleset regarding cars that can be used in the races. Starting from last year, they separated the championship into six classes as follows:
[*]JN1 - FIA Group R5, Group R4, Group N and Group A8W, as well as AWD >2500cc JAF-certified road cars from 2010 onwards
[*]JN2 - FIA Group R3, Group R2, Group R1, and Group RGT, as well as 2WD >2500cc JAF-certified road cars from 2010 onwards
[*]JN3 - RWD <=2500cc road cars from 2006 onwards
[*]JN4 - FWD and AWD >1500cc - <2500cc road cars from 2006 onwards
[*]JN5 - FWD <=1500cc road cars from 2006 onwards
[*]JN6 - Any <=1500cc cars with automatic transmission from 2006 onwards or hybrid/electric cars

Turbocharged cars has their engine capacity multiplied by 1.7x
More information here and here

Car examples:
JN1 - Ford Fiesta R5, Toyota Etios Valco R4, Subaru Impreza JRM NR4, Mitsubishi Evo X Group N
JN2 - Citroen DS3 R3, Peugeot 208 R2, probably Nissan 370Z and Porsche 911 RGT
JN3 - Toyota 86, Mazda RX8 R3, Mazda Miata ND
JN4 - Honda Civic Type-R, Suzuki Swift Sport
JN5 - Toyota Vitz, Mazda Demio
JN6 - Toyota Mirai, Toyota Prius, Nissan Leaf
With that wide array of usable cars for the event, I and Muza are actually want to build our rally car as well. But with our extreme shortage of crew (mainly on co-driver), we decided that if we do this project, we'll start as a one-car team, with Marc as driver and I or Muza as co-driver.

I also shared my own next build plan, despite I already own a whopping 11 cars and some of them are unfinished. I've shared this some time ago, but well, here we go again:
So, uh, my right brain has gone absolutely wild again, and I've got several build ideas in my mind, despite as I said, I already have 11 cars in my stable, some of which has been sitting for a year and more, and some are not even undergoing the mod process yet. And I also still have to finish the Evo V as well. If you still want to know what Ii had in mind, then proceed with your own risk.........

Toyota Chaser LX90/LX100 - Experimental Drift Car
Well, on surface at least, this doesn't seem to ring any bells or make your eyebrows rise up violently. Yeah, there are already a lot of Mark II/Chaser/Cresta drift cars here and also in real life. But try to look at the chassis code once again, did you spot something odd about it? If you still didn't notice it, did you know that Mark IIs and Chasers are once sold with diesel engines as well? These Chasers and Mark IIs uses 2.4 liter 2L-TE turbodiesel SOHC engine, which is also used by Toyota Hiace, Hilux and Land Cruiser of their time, hence the LX code designation.

I'm actually not sure why they were marketed with diesel engines as well, and looks like the Japanese agreed as well, resulting in relatively low sales compared to the GX and JZX models. Performance-wise it's not really the brightest either, with engine power recorded at circa 90(!!) BHP, far beyond its GX and JZX cousins. But that's where the idea comes in: Can we make a diesel Chaser/Mark II drift? Admittably the idea of diesel drift car sin't new either, but have you seen one (a)using a Chaser/Mark II and (b)in Japan? It doesn't have to be a full-on build, just a grassroot one.

Also, if you still don't believe me that diesel Chasers and Mark IIs exists, just get over here.

Mercedes S-Class W140/W220 - Missile Drift Car
Merc drift cars isn't a new thing either, but they're usually based on C or E-Class cars. How about an S-Class? "But um, Smoke, they're huge cars! It's not easy to bring them sideways!" Well so does the Mark II family and Crown, and Nissan Cima/Cedric, so flinging an S-Class sideways is just a matter of training and adaptation. Obviously I'm not gonna use the V8 or V12 variant, that's just too cruel actually and maintenance would be like a trip to hell and back, both pratically and financially.

The choice here is between the W220 or W140 models. The W220 is selected because apparently they're rather abundant and seemingly being not so loved worlwide, including Japan, hence them being dirt cheap the last time I checked for some, particularly the V6 variants. As for the W140, admittably I had a soft spot for this car and its wooden interior. And my friend Rantaro owns one as well, so parts and mod consulting shouldn't be a problem.

Honda Civic EF/EG6/any EJ/just about any Civic - FF drifter
Again, not a new idea, but I'm always intrigued on how to do it. I can hear drift purists and keyboard warriors shouting "hurrrr durrr that's not how you drift it's not the correct way it's RWD all the way blablabla raindrops droptops gucci gang tri poloski!" while possibly preparing molotov bombs to throw at me. But hey, there are some in Japan, so why not? I also want to be like Jean Ragnotti who could throw just about anything sideways, even in his old self today. Even Genki's racing games like TXRD and Racing Battle C1GP has you drifting FWD cars at times! While I could use just about any FWD car in existence, I think Honda Civic are cheap and suitable platform to pull it.

Nissan Cima Y33 - Dailyable Grassroot Drifter
Well, I already got two big body drifters, which are the HR34 and X110. The HR34 however hasn't seen so much action ever since I bought the X110, since it shares the same purpose of drifting. The HR34 is also underpowered compared to the X110, and currently someohow it's not really like to be turboed as it backfires quite a lot. The plan for the HR34, other than new wheels and proper coilovers is either upgrade it to use RB25DE........or replace it with an equally big but much more laid-back sedan.

The Cima Y33 has much more luxury aura and look than the HR34, and although suitable for drifting, you don't see them a lot compared to R34 sedans. Equipped with 4.1 liter V8 engine, it also has bigger and more powerful engine as well, though I'm not sure if the parts for it are as abundant as the HR34.

Honda CR-V 1st gen - Kanjo build #2
Currently I already got a Kanjo build, and an unusual one, which is a Daewoo Tico which I want to put a Honda D16 VTEC inside it. This time however, I felt like to go for another Kanjo build, and it's a Honda one. But if you think I'd pick another bread-and-butter Civic, you'd be wrong. Why not try a CRV? They came with Honda B20B as standard so that's a good start. Okay, while it's not a VTEC engine, fitting a B16 or B18 VTEC head to a B20B is a popular mod so there would be quite a lot of guide on how to do it. Another reson on why I pick a first-gen CR-V is because of the RUN-CRV racecar build, which is bone stock yet still can snag an endurance racing victory.
We discussed until late night as time passed quite quickly for us. When we were finished, we realized we've ran out of coffee, so we decided to call it a day and parted ways.

And now, time to chec the wallet:
► Show Spoiler

Visit my RP HERE!

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

01 Mar 2020 21:44

Damn S15 look beast at track, speaking of it somewhere kept reminder myself to do my S2k track day...
But, I'm pumped your planned action, imagine rolling coal Chaser drifter? :lol:

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Lagano
Gangster

02 Mar 2020 20:14

Yoooo looks like the S15 runs perfectly, you made a lap in 57 seconds in your first try!!! I can only imagine the potential after you get some more experience driving it. :D You're getting experience on drift events as well, i see, pretty fun times with the Meme Machine but it might as well be time to fix it now. :P All that matters is that it's sorted out on the inside! And the Evo, woah, seems like it's becoming a full blown racecar with all those mods too! Can't wait to see that one on the track. Also some epic project ideas you got there, but 11 cars is quite a lot to handle and some of them still need work! (coming from a guy with even more :lol:)

BigSmoke
Gangster

03 Mar 2020 06:16

SimplifyHerb wrote:
01 Mar 2020 21:44
Damn S15 look beast at track, speaking of it somewhere kept reminder myself to do my S2k track day...
But, I'm pumped your planned action, imagine rolling coal Chaser drifter? :lol:
Well, do it! :D As for the Chaser, gotta finish the rest of the project first
Lagano wrote:
02 Mar 2020 20:14
Yoooo looks like the S15 runs perfectly, you made a lap in 57 seconds in your first try!!! I can only imagine the potential after you get some more experience driving it. :D You're getting experience on drift events as well, i see, pretty fun times with the Meme Machine but it might as well be time to fix it now. :P All that matters is that it's sorted out on the inside! And the Evo, woah, seems like it's becoming a full blown racecar with all those mods too! Can't wait to see that one on the track. Also some epic project ideas you got there, but 11 cars is quite a lot to handle and some of them still need work! (coming from a guy with even more :lol:)
Well I was expecting slightly better, but yeah it's a good news indeed :D Time to fix the Meme Machine indeed, I've been neglecting its health for quite long now. I guess I gotta curb my ideas for now to give time to fix and build the rest :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!

FranklinAnderson
Gangster

04 Mar 2020 17:08

GODDAMN SMOKEY!
THAT S15 IS SICK, IT'S LIKE AN INJECTION OF LED ZEPPELIN IN MY GODDAMN ARM, OH MY GOD!
Mad props to you my friend! Lovin the result!
Current Money : $41073

Roleplay info below...
► Show Spoiler
Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)

dariws
Associate

04 Mar 2020 17:20

57.1 it's pretty amazing to me,considering the fact that you aimed for that 56.So keep up and good luck at Tsukuba.
Looks like a lot of fun that Meme Machine. :lol: I love it.

BigSmoke
Gangster

05 Mar 2020 07:16

dariws wrote:
04 Mar 2020 17:20
57.1 it's pretty amazing to me,considering the fact that you aimed for that 56.So keep up and good luck at Tsukuba.
Looks like a lot of fun that Meme Machine. :lol: I love it.
Thanks my man! Glad you like the Meme Machine as well :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!

Nightkid
Gangster

07 Mar 2020 10:49

oh my i’m in love with the S15 , great job ! Also congrats on 57.1 man !

BigSmoke
Gangster

07 Mar 2020 11:19

FranklinAnderson wrote:
04 Mar 2020 17:08
GODDAMN SMOKEY!
THAT S15 IS SICK, IT'S LIKE AN INJECTION OF LED ZEPPELIN IN MY GODDAMN ARM, OH MY GOD!
Mad props to you my friend! Lovin the result!
Nightkid wrote:
07 Mar 2020 10:49
oh my i’m in love with the S15 , great job ! Also congrats on 57.1 man !
Yoooooo glad you guys like it! :D

Visit my RP HERE!

• Information