V$ -stallion-'s RP

Sieklo
Gangster

Damn, 180 looks so good R33 also looks great. Can't wait on progress with 180 :D
Niatross
Gangster

That 180SX does surely seem to be a good starter car for drifting!
Stoked to see what you got in store for it :D
Soju
Gangster

180SX looking better and better :)
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

I'm start to likes 180sx!
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
-stallion-
Gangster

Now, my 180sx really begins! Hey guys, it's me again! I recently ordered some goodies for my drift project car, and had some arguments that needed to be solved:
"- If I really get into drifting, where will I go and practice? There is no track here whatsoever, the parking lots are being patrolled by police every night, and my god is that officer a pain in the a$$. So, I can't drift in the parking lot, maybe will make sure and organize a car meet, invite a lot of my friends, and maybe have a "pass" from the officer. And with the track problem, the only one is Nikko, that is like a day worth of driving, so that's a no go."
But, nonetheless, the upgrades will keep on going, and maybe they will be more frequent, because I have a job now at my friend's tire shop, that brings me some little profit, but he wanted to make me a discount for the tires I buy 8-). He promised me, for a first salary at his shop, 200$ per week, but I only work 8hrs, so if I have more free time, and work 12hrs, the salary will be 350$ish pre week.
But now, enough of math. The parts i ordered are a BN Sports bodykit, but sadly no sideskirts, and a lip spoiler that I forgot the brand of :lol: , but it fits with the drifty looks. And one more thing, I don't wanna keep the car in those colors and want to make a livery. Not a complicated one, D1GP style, just some 'small' cheap stickers and a nice color, and there's where I need your guys' help. This car needs to be special, as my first real drift project, not like how beater the R33 was lmao. Some help and inspiration would be highly apreciated.
(smol thing of there is from a junkyard Nissan, thought it would look nice on the car
Screenshot (325).png
Screenshot (325).png (2.82 MiB) Viewed 5989 times
The back is not really assembled, so the photos will be next weeks when I sort things out.
Screenshot (369).png
Screenshot (369).png (2.11 MiB) Viewed 5768 times
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by -stallion- on 26 Jan 2020 13:28, edited 2 times in total.
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO ayy damn more 180 goodies i missed it. Ah no place to practice i c well uh idk honestly. What i know is that you got bn but no skirts though? Hm okay ah you got my kind of problem, no good seats XD Maybe bride gias 1?
► Show Spoiler
Niatross
Gangster

180SX lookin good so far! I especially like the choice of overfenders. Flows rly nicely with the bodykit :D
BigSmoke
Hitman

Well of course I would recommend you to not drift in busy streets and parking lots! :lol: That's why people run to the mountain passes instead to race and drift along. Not only there's less traffic, there's also less police presence as well. So if you need some fix of street drifting, better run to the mountains.

The only problem would be I don't know any touge routes around Okazaki, since I (and most of us) live near Tokyo or around Kanagawa prefecture, where there are some famous touge routes outside the city, e.g. Hakone Touge routes (Ohiradai, Nanamagari, Mt. Taikan, you name it), Tsukuba Fruits Line (near where I live), Yabitsu Touge and Ohtarumi Touge. And even though I've got some running hours and experience at the Tsukuba Fruits Line, I still recommend you to stay away from public roads and go to a proper circuit instead.

Seeing as you live somewhere around Okazaki, a quick google search reveals that Mikawa Motorland (download the mod here), the homebase of Team A-Bo-Moon and their slammed R32 drift cars, is relatively close to your place, only requires an hour of driving. Just like Team Burst/Pink Style at Meihan or Team Orange & Powervehicles at Ebisu, they're absolutely welcoming everyone with everything to drift along with them. Sometimes there's also time attack session as well, but it's much less popular and sought for compared to their drift sessions, just like the one at Ebisu or Nikko. I don't think you'll be interested in time attack racing anyways.

There's another one as well, but it's not very known well for drifting, though D1GP used to held a round there. Rather, this is one of the home of Japanese motorsport culture aside from Fuji Speedway. If you haven't figured it out already, it's the home of Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka Circuit.

It looks like both Nikko and Tsukuba woud require a loooong drive indeed, for around 4-6 hours in one go. Ebisu is even worse, clocking at 8 hours for one-way trip. So unless it's the time for Ebisu Drift Matsuri or you intend to either go to the hot springs (there are also some around Nikko iirc) or sleep at the circuit's hall (it's free! Scroll to the bottom of the page at the hotels & travel section), you can take them all off the routine list in the meantime.

Right, I guess I've talked too much about the track, so let's move to the car. You've made a great progress on the 180, and a decent parts selection as well. All it needs is to be match-painted and it'll look better. As for the livery.........I'm not sure, it's not only D1GP cars that features grandiose, complex liveries, but a lot of grassroots teams does as well. I mean look at Haruguchi and Hert's FC, the aformentioned Team Burst and A-Bo-Moon cars, Tec-Arts cars, probably Yashio Factory cars, Animal Style cars, etc. etc. etc.........But there are some that you might want to take a peek at, such as Auto Factory Realize and Garage Moon Power cars.

I'd say even one or two simple 2000ish stripes like the one you see in FnF series or UG2 would be enough if you want to be period-correct, or simply stick up some stickers like Initial D teams (and which is what I did to my Evo and X110). If you want to do it properly though, I'd say look at @NotPerfect's E36, @Niatross's S14 and R33, @Lagano's AE86 or @RocketBunnyS13's S15. Their cars are grassroot cars with liveries, and one of the most well-done around here.

As for the seats, I use Bride Zeta III in my Evo, which is both a daily car and a racecar as you might already know, and it's comfy enough for me. If you don't want a fixed bucket seats in fear of painful back and spine, you can always get either Bride Gias or Bride Brix.
-stallion-
Gangster

BigSmoke wrote:
17 Jan 2020 08:19
Well of course I would recommend you to not drift in busy streets and parking lots! :lol: That's why people run to the mountain passes instead to race and drift along. Not only there's less traffic, there's also less police presence as well. So if you need some fix of street drifting, better run to the mountains.

The only problem would be I don't know any touge routes around Okazaki, since I (and most of us) live near Tokyo or around Kanagawa prefecture, where there are some famous touge routes outside the city, e.g. Hakone Touge routes (Ohiradai, Nanamagari, Mt. Taikan, you name it), Tsukuba Fruits Line (near where I live), Yabitsu Touge and Ohtarumi Touge. And even though I've got some running hours and experience at the Tsukuba Fruits Line, I still recommend you to stay away from public roads and go to a proper circuit instead.

Seeing as you live somewhere around Okazaki, a quick google search reveals that Mikawa Motorland (download the mod here), the homebase of Team A-Bo-Moon and their slammed R32 drift cars, is relatively close to your place, only requires an hour of driving. Just like Team Burst/Pink Style at Meihan or Team Orange & Powervehicles at Ebisu, they're absolutely welcoming everyone with everything to drift along with them. Sometimes there's also time attack session as well, but it's much less popular and sought for compared to their drift sessions, just like the one at Ebisu or Nikko. I don't think you'll be interested in time attack racing anyways.

There's another one as well, but it's not very known well for drifting, though D1GP used to held a round there. Rather, this is one of the home of Japanese motorsport culture aside from Fuji Speedway. If you haven't figured it out already, it's the home of Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka Circuit.

It looks like both Nikko and Tsukuba woud require a loooong drive indeed, for around 4-6 hours in one go. Ebisu is even worse, clocking at 8 hours for one-way trip. So unless it's the time for Ebisu Drift Matsuri or you intend to either go to the hot springs (there are also some around Nikko iirc) or sleep at the circuit's hall (it's free! Scroll to the bottom of the page at the hotels & travel section), you can take them all off the routine list in the meantime.

Right, I guess I've talked too much about the track, so let's move to the car. You've made a great progress on the 180, and a decent parts selection as well. All it needs is to be match-painted and it'll look better. As for the livery.........I'm not sure, it's not only D1GP cars that features grandiose, complex liveries, but a lot of grassroots teams does as well. I mean look at Haruguchi and Hert's FC, the aformentioned Team Burst and A-Bo-Moon cars, Tec-Arts cars, probably Yashio Factory cars, Animal Style cars, etc. etc. etc.........But there are some that you might want to take a peek at, such as Auto Factory Realize and Garage Moon Power cars.

I'd say even one or two simple 2000ish stripes like the one you see in FnF series or UG2 would be enough if you want to be period-correct, or simply stick up some stickers like Initial D teams (and which is what I did to my Evo and X110). If you want to do it properly though, I'd say look at @NotPerfect's E36, @Niatross's S14 and R33, @Lagano's AE86 or @RocketBunnyS13's S15. Their cars are grassroot cars with liveries, and one of the most well-done around here.

As for the seats, I use Bride Zeta III in my Evo, which is both a daily car and a racecar as you might already know, and it's comfy enough for me. If you don't want a fixed bucket seats in fear of painful back and spine, you can always get either Bride Gias or Bride Brix.
Wow, I didn't expect THAT big of an explanation, and that accurate, you really know what to do, and hiw to help people!! This "guide" helps me a lot in finding what I need, I'll look more on Mikawa, and I'll make sure and contact them. A hour worth of driving is not much at all, compared to the trip to Utsunomiya, but Nikko circuit for a first experience was so worth it! Thank you!
BigSmoke
Hitman

-stallion- wrote:
17 Jan 2020 19:47
Wow, I didn't expect THAT big of an explanation, and that accurate, you really know what to do, and hiw to help people!! This "guide" helps me a lot in finding what I need, I'll look more on Mikawa, and I'll make sure and contact them. A hour worth of driving is not much at all, compared to the trip to Utsunomiya, but Nikko circuit for a first experience was so worth it! Thank you!
Researching always helps in cases like this. Glad I could help :D
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
-stallion-
Gangster

Great tastes! (my first weeks at work)

The Tire Shop

It is my second, and maybe third week at work. My friends tire shop is working out great by now, but the nicer things are yet to come

This was his regular daily driver/offroader
Screenshot (378).png
Screenshot (378).png (2.74 MiB) Viewed 5689 times
VW Amarok

-- 3.0L V6 TDi, 110hp. Oettinger ECU Soft + 50hp
-- Stock High-End 18' Rims.
-- Premium Leather Interior + SatNav
-- DPF Filter Replaced
-- Dunlop Tires

Sometimes, he let me drive this car home and back. I have to say, it's suspension is too soft for fast driving, but the V6 has plenty of torque.

Becoming familiar with working on a daily basis.

My first days at the job were tiring. When I talked to my dad, I said that I want a relatively easy job, that gives me some profit here and there, and he knew exactly who to talk with. His name is Bit, everybody working there calls him like that, and all the cars have custom vanity plates, but he said not to reveal his identity :lol:, and I thought that there was something wrong there, but he was just joking around with me, calling me sorts of nicknames. This guy is a lot of fun, especially that he's my boss. He has a lot of experience in this domain, and not just in tires lmao, in a lot of things. At first, I walked myself to work, and the best thing is that I live like 5mins away. Although, he let's me take his Amarok home and back, as I previously said.

Days passed, I worked my ass of, but it was time for a break. He gave me two days off, so what I did is spending time with my cars. But for now, the R33 is on the top of my list. It all started in my food break at work. I took my laptop with me, so I could play with the R33's ECU a little. Bit saw me working on my car instead of eating, and he came inside too. We were talking about how I wish my car looked, how powerful I wish it was etc. He told me that if I work hard enough, he's gonna surprise me with a little gift, and the accent was DEFINITELY on 'little' :lol: And he also told me that my car was plain, and when I bringed him home in my car, I ironically blasted 'Plain Jane' on the speakers. :lol: :lol:

His Project Car!

Yes, apart from the awesome work he's doing, he also has a project car!! :oops: It's a car that I sometimes wanted to trade my 180sx for. It's a sedan, it doesn't have an engine unfortunately, and it's bone stock besides the goddamn awesome rims he has!

Hint: It's the poor man's R34 GTR. YES!! You guessed it right (I hope). It's the....

Nissan ER34(no engine edition)
Screenshot (382).png
Screenshot (382).png (2.17 MiB) Viewed 5689 times
He somehow plugged a battery in, just for these photos! What a great guy.

Nissan ER34

-- Light Grey Paint
-- LED Lightbulbs On The Headlights + Foglights
-- Bone Stock Bodykit
-- SSR Agle Minerva, 18', On Stretched Toyo's
-- He assured me that it's going to have an RB(25/26 we don't know)

I'm very sorry that this is the only photo, but he told me about his ER like 2 days ago, when my shift was already done. But, I couldn't resist, and I begged him to let me take a photo. :)

I don't have very much to say about this car, now it's nothing special about it really, but the thing that he bought a car without and engine, and also being bone-stock is something surprising.

Well, this is it for this month. There are like 3 or 4 days left of January, and I can't wait for the hotter season to come, but gotta love those cold starts. Anyway, I'll look up for some nice stock R33 bodykit, yes 'stock'. My original bodykit is like this: the front bumper has no low lip or something like that, it has no skirts(besides the chassis(?), and the rear bumper is just plain asf, no nice aero and stuff like that. So, that being all said, I'll definitely buy one, and we'll wait and see what Bit's little surprise is going to be. I'm already saying that because I will work as hard as possible :lol:.
See y'all guys next month with more project car stuff.
► Show Spoiler
dariws
Associate

Good luck with your 180 drift project.I'm a newbie to the drift scene,and for sure i'm subbed to this thread to see more.
BMW E39 530i ● M54B30 231HP ● 2003
BMW E36 328i ● M52B28 193BHP ● 1997
Niatross
Gangster

Tire shop shenanigans going good i see!
Your friend seems like a cool guy too especially with that ER34 :D

As for R33 body, you could go with the optional S2 aero bits
A simple but good look that never fails rly :)
NotPerfect
Gangster

Ayyy stall damn that's one sick amarok ngl i kind of dig it but i'm broke lol and the er34 looks good but hard to say from just one photo lol hopefully it get's it's engine soon :P
► Show Spoiler
BigSmoke
Hitman

Hey that's a nice Amarok your boss got there. Fun fact: VW Australia and their apprentice mechanics once raced an Amarok in World Time Attack Challenge, and they did relatively well, being faster than a stock GTI Mk7 wth not a lot of any modifications :D And that's not the only utility vehicle being raced for time attack purpose either. Last year it was Hyundai Australia's turn to show up at WTAC, and aside from their in-house tuned i30, they also brought a heavily modified iMax van to not only compete in the main time attack competition, but also in the supporting drift tournament. Somehow, that thing went faster than......an RX-7 FD!
I'm glad to see you having fun at your first days of working, and you've made some nice amount of money as well. Every single penny helps when you're in the early stages of tuning your car so keep it up :D Your friend definitely has a fine taste on cars as well, I love ER34 sedans :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Lagano
Gangster

Working in a tire shop must be really cool if you drift often! :lol: Hope y'all get that R34 running soon.
-stallion-
Gangster

dariws wrote:
28 Jan 2020 19:05
Good luck with your 180 drift project.I'm a newbie to the drift scene,and for sure i'm subbed to this thread to see more.
Thanks a lot, buddy! I'm a sort of newbie too, but got the hang of drifting because of my 'homemade very low budget simulator' that I've played a lot on.
-stallion-
Gangster

Niatross wrote:
28 Jan 2020 19:18
Tire shop shenanigans going good i see!
Your friend seems like a cool guy too especially with that ER34 :D

As for R33 body, you could go with the optional S2 aero bits
A simple but good look that never fails rly :)
I really like the hotboi look on sedans, maybe that's a good choice, but I'll see what my budget says lol.
-stallion-
Gangster

NotPerfect wrote:
28 Jan 2020 20:55
Ayyy stall damn that's one sick amarok ngl i kind of dig it but i'm broke lol and the er34 looks good but hard to say from just one photo lol hopefully it get's it's engine soon :P
Ahh yes, it is sick. With the Oettinger 'package' as well, it's double the fun really
-stallion-
Gangster

BigSmoke wrote:
29 Jan 2020 06:24
Hey that's a nice Amarok your boss got there. Fun fact: VW Australia and their apprentice mechanics once raced an Amarok in World Time Attack Challenge, and they did relatively well, being faster than a stock GTI Mk7 wth not a lot of any modifications :D And that's not the only utility vehicle being raced for time attack purpose either. Last year it was Hyundai Australia's turn to show up at WTAC, and aside from their in-house tuned i30, they also brought a heavily modified iMax van to not only compete in the main time attack competition, but also in the supporting drift tournament. Somehow, that thing went faster than......an RX-7 FD!
I'm glad to see you having fun at your first days of working, and you've made some nice amount of money as well. Every single penny helps when you're in the early stages of tuning your car so keep it up :D Your friend definitely has a fine taste on cars as well, I love ER34 sedans :D
Ohh Smoke, good to see you man! Isn't that the almighty Hyundai Drift Bus over there? BTW, that Amarok looks sick!
-stallion-
Gangster

Lagano wrote:
29 Jan 2020 11:53
Working in a tire shop must be really cool if you drift often! :lol: Hope y'all get that R34 running soon.
Will do, man! That R34 needs some work tbh, but with the help of magic it's gonna be done lol
insolivion
Gangster

Holy shit it looks hella wide now, diggin those meaty tires aswell goddamn

~00s japanese drift~
~HotBoiz~
~EST-2019~

-stallion-
Gangster

~R33 Adventures~

Hey guys! It's kinda been a long time for me, and I feel like I achieved nothing in this spare time.(i'm having very bad times irl, and nothing to do in RP ngl). And idk how to start this, but the R33 is giving me problems. Seems like all the fun I had with it is gone for now. It all started in the tire shop, when I lifted the car just for the sake of it, to check what all the mileage did to the car. You guys know that this car had some AWESOME set of coils, right? Neither do I. Seems like those cursed shock absorbers haven't seen some lube in some time kappa. Yk what happens when no lubrification occurs? lol

Screenshot (484).png
Screenshot (484).png (2.93 MiB) Viewed 5311 times
Yeah, this happens. When I first saw it, I thought that it would just go back to normal by itself, and I let it sit there for 30mins. NOTHING! We tried out best to kind of push it down, once again, nothing. The last thing we could do is take it for a drive on the main road, that is bumpy enough to set it back lmao. successfuln't. ughh, and I thought this car would listen to me, but nahhh, it has it's own kind of spirit. This is pretty much it with the R33, other than that, I talked a lot with @NotPerfect and I realized a big thing. I have nothing to do with the 180, because of some different factors:
180 BEGONE

1) Since I got closer to @BigSmoke and his awesome TA builds, I took the decision to not drift build my 180.
2) The whole crazy aero, hotboi, D1GP stuff is not my taste, what can I do with the car?
3) I can't do a more classical 180 TA build, since I already purchased the kit and spoiler.(not even a touge build, don't really wanna downgrade from a BN to stock body lol)

I am going to list the car's parts here, but no photos, because I think there are enough above:
Chassis: - 180sx Stock RHD Chassis : 5.300$ (I have a spare Type-X kit)

- Custom Wide front and rear Fenders : 780$

- BN Sports bodykit : 1.000$

- D-Max Spoiler : 200$

Engine: - Stock SR20DET

- Stock Turbo

- Stock Internals, changed spark plugs

Interior: - Deep Nardo Steering Wheel

- Bride Gias 2, Bride pattern Seats
I am waiting for offers for the car. What can I mainly say about is that the throttle body may need replacement, because the throtlle response is kind of weird and slow at the same time. The only MAJOR thing it needs is a repaint/livery, but it can work with a kind of missile look. Now the fun part of the story begins.

R33 MAKEOVER YAAY

AAAA I'm sooo happy to announce this, but I really want this boring story of the R33 to end here. From now one, you won't see the R33 in this shape, with stuck coilovers, boring chunky bodykit, and SR. Well oh well, it's Time Attack time babyyyy!! I have seen soo many nice R33 at Tsukuba and I genuinely fell in love with them. The style they have,and the screaming RBs are just crazy. I didn't do what the final verdict could be, so I needed to talk to someone:
:- Ayyy bro, what's up?
-NotPerfect: Nothing much, wbu?
-me: Same, I just needed someone to talk urgently to plan a makeover.
-him: Sick, what are you willing to do?
-me: I am planning to sell my 180...
-him: THE 180!?!
-me: Yeah.. the 180. Ik you're wondering "Why so soon?"
-him: Why so.... yeah, that lmao.
-me: Well, you know we did some renders and got sick results. And I loved them.
-him: Really? That made you take this decision?
-me: Well, yeah. Kind of.. Although, a 180sx is a overused car for drifting."...

And it went on and on, until I mentioned rebuilding the R33, but this time doing it legit, no SR swap or anything(funny story: the reason my R33 has an SR right now is that back when I started my RP I didn't know what engines R33s had, for real. And I saw the SR20 mod, and it was detailed, and there I went. SR on an R33, magic.)

TO BE CONTINUED...
NotPerfect
Gangster

owo ayyy my homie is doing some moves nice bro wish you luck and hopefully you'll find your way into the 33 :P
BigSmoke
Hitman

Welp it's sad to see the 180 project ended up prematurely, but eh, you gonna need a lot of money for racing after all. Why don't you put it on the car or parts classifieds? Being a 180, I'm sure the parts will be gone in an instant ;)

And eyyyyy I'm glad you also going the TA way! :D It's quite amazing how I can influence quite a lot of people to go time attack racing :lol: Anyways are you going to keep it streetlegal or going full-on with it? If you're going for the latter, be sure to save some money for a brand new daily ;)

Visit my RP HERE!