V$ Side to Side Team Roleplay

insolivion
Gangster

Damn dude, sorry for the S14, that sucks.. And that 911 is looking godly man.

~00s japanese drift~
~HotBoiz~
~EST-2019~

Benny
Associate

Thank you all....

So a couple weeks ago we sould our W204 C63 AMG to @Niatross and we got V$12000 for it......

And so I went on a little shopping spree, here are some teasers on the purchases and prices. Detailed review on the vehicles later....

1990 Nissan Silvia J's (S13)

2006 Hyundai Santafe 2.2-VGT

1983 Toyota Corolla AE86 Levin (ZENKI)

2006 Mercedes Benz C240 W203

BDay present for Lagano

And something extra pssst
► Show Spoiler
Cars in RP:
1985 Toyota Corolla Sprinter Trueno Zenki
1989 Nissan 240SX
1992 BMW 850i E31
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 Type S
2003 Mercedes Benz C230 W203
2008 Lamborghini Galarado Superleggera UGR
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
2012 Ferrari 458 Spider
2014 Audi A4 Allroad
2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Click here to go to my RP!
Make sure you visit our store as well, press on banner below!
insolivion
Gangster

a lot of good cars you got, S13, AE86 digging the most, curious to see what you're gona do with them :P

~00s japanese drift~
~HotBoiz~
~EST-2019~

BigSmoke
Hitman

Holy hecc we got ourselves a shopping spree here! :lol:
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
Nightkid
Gangster

OOOOFFFF , that´s a lot of cars lmao . Hmmmm i wonder what are you gonna do with those S13´s H I H E :ˇ)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Last edited by Nightkid on 24 Oct 2019 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

Ooo, Great collecting cars and not sure about Hyundai style.
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO that looks like a good update can't wait uwu
► Show Spoiler
Benny
Associate

insolivion wrote:
23 Oct 2019 17:41
a lot of good cars you got, S13, AE86 digging the most, curious to see what you're gona do with them :P

@insolivion
--Thank you the S13 and AE86 are special projects in the making.....
BigSmoke wrote:
23 Oct 2019 17:50
Holy hecc we got ourselves a shopping spree here! :lol:

@BigSmoke
--Like you don't know how I handle when I have a pile of cash :twisted:
Nightkid wrote:
23 Oct 2019 18:07
OOOOFFFF , that´s a lot of cars lmao . Hmmmm i wonder what are you gonna do with those S13´s H I H E :ˇ)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

@Nightkid
--Our plan was to get rid of some but in the end I increased the pile xD......Uh S13 will be HUGE :?
Buzzsaw wrote:
23 Oct 2019 19:17
Ooo, Great collecting cars and not sure about Hyundai style.

@Buzzsaw
--Thanks, the Hyundai is the main part of the builds 8-)
NotPerfect wrote:
23 Oct 2019 19:47
OwO that looks like a good update can't wait uwu

@NotPerfect
--It definetly will be just some patience is required !!!
Cars in RP:
1989 Nissan 240SX
1992 BMW 850i E31
2012 Ferrari 458 Spider
2014 Audi A4 Allroad
Nick Shovkin
Associate

Heh! So many cars! I don’t even know what to write!
Soju
Gangster

Santa Fe! Pretty odd choice but it's perfect for a daily
Benny
Associate

Soju wrote:
28 Oct 2019 04:28
Santa Fe! Pretty odd choice but it's perfect for a daily

@Soju
----Somebody give that man a cookie :D
Cars in RP:
1989 Nissan 240SX
1992 BMW 850i E31
2012 Ferrari 458 Spider
2014 Audi A4 Allroad
Lagano
Gangster

Keepin' it cool

Never mind all that shopping for now, we'll explain that after SEMA. This week i did just a few small fixes on some of the cars, first i put that purple SC300 front bumper and headlights back on the drag car, and for the beater SC400 i found another set on a junkyard, and i almost forgot there was another bumper in our garage, from when the drag car was not yet a drag car.

Moving on to the Lexus' original brand, this one got some work under the hood, or should i say in front of it lol. Shoutout to Battle Garage Racing Service, they got me all the parts i needed! As you can see that's a Koyo Racing radiator, made just for BEAMS swapped AE86s! With the upgraded radiator i also bought Mishimoto silicone hoses to match. And in front of that is an HPI oil cooler to keep the heat further down, if the oil temperature rises the whole thing is likely to overheat and possibly go up in flames. So additional cooling is a good thing, especially if you're giving it all the revs on the track! On the outside, however, i have yet to decide what to go for. It will get a change in style but not that much probably.

Finally, the ol' reliable Chevelle. I opened up the LS2 to check for any damage but fortunately it was OK. Though the head gaskets looked kinda bad so i copped another pair of them from Mahle. And now that it's all motor, i changed the pistons for Summit Racing forged ones and literally turned the compression up to 11! Now it runs as it's supposed to with great response. After a drive through the town i don't even miss the turbos that much, it still feels really powerful! And to be honest, every drive in this is a trip down memory lane as we've rebuilt this Chevy almost 3 years ago, thinking about this really makes me wanna find some more abandoned classics and bring them back to their former glory. Meanwhile, what did pass the 3rd anniversary a week ago is the beginning of this whole American adventure! Back then we barely scraped the cash for our own place here, and here we are now with more cars than we can deal with. Time surely does fly when you're having fun...

That's all for now but we're preparing to head for Las Vegas as we speak, I'll post about what'll be going on there in the upcoming week. Stay cool, guys! :cool:
Finances

2 weekly paychecks: +V$2250
S14 sold: +V$4000
SC400 headlights: V$50
Summit Racing LS Pro forged pistons: V$500
Mahle LS cylinder head gaskets: V$90
Koyo Racing BEAMS AE86 radiator: V$468
Mishimoto AE86 silicone radiator hose kit: V$94
AE86 HPI oil cooler: V$420
Remaining: V$26726
Benny
Associate

Little fix ;)
Lagano wrote:
01 Nov 2019 23:13
Keepin' it cool
Finances

S14 sold: +V$4000
SC400 headlights: V$50
Summit Racing LS Pro forged pistons: V$500
Mahle LS cylinder head gaskets: V$90
Koyo Racing BEAMS AE86 radiator: V$468
Mishimoto AE86 silicone radiator hose kit: V$94
AE86 HPI oil cooler: V$420
Remaining: V$26726
Side To Side Autoparts salary. +V$4470

New Remaining : V$31196
Cars in RP:
1989 Nissan 240SX
1992 BMW 850i E31
2012 Ferrari 458 Spider
2014 Audi A4 Allroad
BigSmoke
Hitman

Wew SEMA is just a week away and I can't wait! :D

And also happy 3rd birthday of the garage! It's been a long journey indeed, with people come and go as y'all going on. But in the end, you've truly established yourselves as tuning legends. Here's a cake for y'all, open spoiler to receive it ;)
► Show Spoiler

Visit my RP HERE!
Soju
Gangster

That's a nice little update to the 86! Can't wait to see the SEMA!
Lagano
Gangster

Vegas, baby!

Oh boy last week was a blast! For this trip we had some good company from Japan and Korea again - @BigSmoke, @RocketBunnyS13, @Soju and @11000rpm. We headed out towards Nevada pretty much as soon as the boys landed, we hooked the trailer to the F150, loaded the G35 and off we went. It took us almost a day to get there - after all, the drive was more than a thousand miles! Even a distance like that passes by quickly with the squad, however, we had so much stuff to tell each other, from our past, current and even future projects to everyday life stuff and just joking around.

After a bunch of gas stations, highways, stories and memes, here we are - Las Vegas. Sin City, City of Lights, America's Playground, The Entertainment Capital of the World and whatnot. In all my time in the USA i've actually never been here, mostly because of the distance, obviously. I've been to California a few times, which is substantially closer than Oklahoma but i'd never thought to check it out, really.

Anyway, let's move on to the reason we got there - the SEMA show! And here's the G35, finally complete. Many thanks to the local body shop that got us the bodykit! It's a mix of different brands but that's what i often like, this way you can make a car look just the way you imagine. The Liberty Walk widebody was a really common thing as every year but our build had a different approach, like a street car with track car elements which makes it a great all-rounder. Here you can see many amazing builds but how many of them are actually driven or raced on a track?

Rotiforms might not be the right wheels for the track but definitely the right ones for a car show like this. Another thing that might be a bit overused but at least we represent a quality domestic brand. Again thanks to the body shop that did a great job making a R35 rear bumper fit perfectly, it looks great with the matching exhaust system and it's also a subtle way to show that this G35 has some more GTR goodies underneath.

And this was likely the biggest head turner of this build. There were many cool engine swaps to see featuring mostly V8 crate engines or even electric motors, and the majority of them reached heaps of power! Yeah, most of American events have turned into a massive horsepower war, it's fun but it's not all about that - it's also about the sound and how the car feels to drive, which is why we chose a V10. Many people found it really cool and unusual, and that was just what we wanted.

There's some more photos here if you want! I managed to take some just as we set up the car, after that all the people rolled in and it was basically impossible to make any more good shots lol.
► Show Spoiler
We had a walk around the venue and the builds were really diverse and some were just crazy, despite all the widebody A90 Supras and lifted trucks haha. Many of those were sponsored by Toyo Tires, check them out here! There are some more that i wanna point out though. This Civic might not be an insane or revolutionary build but i love that someone remembered the good old early 2000's style! Aggressive bodykit, simple but striking graphics, stickers of the car's various parts brands, chrome wheels etc. This particular Civic was built for Super Street Magazine in 2000 with a budget of 10k!

This one had an unfortunate incident but it makes a good story, i guess. This Challenger was stolen just a few days before the event and it looks like the thief wasn't able to handle its 1000HP so fortunately it was recovered. Too bad for the car and the owners but respect that they still put it on display! Not in showroom condition anymore but the story itself must've attracted a lot of attention.

And then there's this Murcielago which i've gotten quite familiar with this year, and i'm sure many of you have already seen it before. That's because it was featured in The Fate of the Furious, but this February Freddy "Tavarish" picked it up at a bargain price because the Lambo was not in the best condition after all the movie stunts it's gone through, and restored it to it's "million dollar show car" state as it was supposed to be. I've been following this build ever since he bought the car, it may not look like much of a difference from the outside (after all Freddy kept the looks the same as the movie car) but from up close it originally had a badly done paintjob and many other imperfections on the body parts. But now it looks like a million dollar supercar indeed, and he did the same for the interior! After almost a year it's great to finally see it done, Freddy was super happy about it as well because this was one of his most ambitious (and probably most expensive) projects he's ever done. Like me and Benny, we all had a major project to display here but at the same time we have 10 or even more cars in the garage that still need some work, so we could relate with him to many things. All in all it was awesome to finally see him and his Murcielago after seeing so many videos of the build, and it was quite a rare chance to see him cause he's all the way from Florida!

Finally, here's this track-focused beast of a BMW by a good friend of mine which some of you might know too - Mackay! He hasn't been active on the forums for a while but you can check out his builds here. What can i say, he's a busy guy. Now i can totally see why though, he brought his E36 here from Japan on the behalf of VAC Motorsports, a Philadelphia-based BMW tuning shop. Of course his E36 contains a lot of parts from this very company - 3.4 stroker kit, dry sump setup, cylinder head and a carbon fiber intake.

Being from Japan it has a few Japanese parts, a HKS radiator and the Volk TE37 wheels with Advan AD08R tires - always a great choice for a track car! Mackay is also a skilled fabricator so there are some parts from himself too, such as the exhaust system and rollcage.

The stance is so mean on this thing too, it has a proper suspension setup for the track! Aragosta coilovers and Powerflex bushings all around, and an AP Racing big brake kit. Mackay always built his rides with precision and the best parts he can find, and this one is no exception, actually even better for such a famous event.

Meanwhile there was also some time to chill and check out what this Vegas is all about. Well, with one word, it'sLIT. Even at night time it's basically like during the day with all the lights and people still hanging around. But as always, what i really liked is that there was plenty of cool rides to see on the streets! I thought about picking up a fancy rental too but the prices were just insane, Vegas is one hell of an expensive place. So instead we went for a drive with the truck and it was still pretty fun! Might've been even a bit scary for all that traffic :lol: Generally there are lots of trucks around America but it's actually a relatively rare sight over here, probably because there's mostly tourists driving around.

And that concludes another epic trip of ours! But there's another one already going on, after we got back from this one we headed on the same plane as AJ and Edo. Stay tuned!
Vegas made us rich... with experience and good memories

SEMA preparations: V$3500
Gambling: V$100
Remaining: V$29846
BigSmoke
Hitman

It was a jolly, jolly week at the Sin City! Even though some of the builds aren't up to my taste, there are still some builds that I absolutely approve and love. And even better, there are actual racecars as well! I think I gotta cover this up in a separate update.....there will be a lot of things to discuss! ;)

I'm always have been a fan of Tavarish, ever since he was hosting the Nice Car or Crack Pipe columns on Jalopnik. He wasn't the first one to host it, and it also changed author at the moment, but his NPOCP articles are quite enjoyable. So when I found him switching to other medias and doing car videos like Jalopnik alumni Doug DeMuro (insert 'bumper-to-bumper' jokes here) and Raphael Orlove (insert overturned Baja Bug here), I was able to enjoy his content instantly. And of course, meeting him firsthand is also a huge honor for me :D

You guys have asked us to visit the land of the free, now it's time for you guys to visit the land of the rising sun! ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
Lagano
Gangster

BigSmoke wrote:
17 Nov 2019 06:44
It was a jolly, jolly week at the Sin City! Even though some of the builds aren't up to my taste, there are still some builds that I absolutely approve and love. And even better, there are actual racecars as well! I think I gotta cover this up in a separate update.....there will be a lot of things to discuss! ;)

I'm always have been a fan of Tavarish, ever since he was hosting the Nice Car or Crack Pipe columns on Jalopnik. He wasn't the first one to host it, and it also changed author at the moment, but his NPOCP articles are quite enjoyable. So when I found him switching to other medias and doing car videos like Jalopnik alumni Doug DeMuro (insert 'bumper-to-bumper' jokes here) and Raphael Orlove (insert overturned Baja Bug here), I was able to enjoy his content instantly. And of course, meeting him firsthand is also a huge honor for me :D

You guys have asked us to visit the land of the free, now it's time for you guys to visit the land of the rising sun! ;)
Time to return the favor, baby ;)
Niatross
Gangster

Ayee Vegas does look like a lot of fun! (i mean, its vegas. what else was i expecting lmao)
Its nice to see y'all actually pushed through with the bonkers S85 swap on the G35!

And AYEE tavarish's Murci at SEMA! Like BigSmoke said, his content indeed is enjoyable
Sad shit regarding that Challenger tho. Absolutely sucks for something like that to happen to a car :cry:

Also damn i see @MACKAY made it there! His E36 looks mighty good too!
Slightly bummed that i missed out SEMA this year. But eh, will be there next year hopefully! :D
11000rpm
Associate

Wow boi, Mac's back with hottest ride after long no activities from forum... now it makes sense why he was away; He brought another sick build that I must admit as myself a ex-E36 owner.
Thanks for the priceless ticket my mane.
Lagano
Gangster

Niatross wrote:
18 Nov 2019 10:36
Ayee Vegas does look like a lot of fun! (i mean, its vegas. what else was i expecting lmao)
Its nice to see y'all actually pushed through with the bonkers S85 swap on the G35!

And AYEE tavarish's Murci at SEMA! Like BigSmoke said, his content indeed is enjoyable
Sad shit regarding that Challenger tho. Absolutely sucks for something like that to happen to a car :cry:

Also damn i see @MACKAY made it there! His E36 looks mighty good too!
Slightly bummed that i missed out SEMA this year. But eh, will be there next year hopefully! :D
It was one hell of a fun time indeed my man! Yeah, the S85 worked like a charm but there were still a few even more bonkers swaps you could find. :lol: I was really happy to see that Lambo after knowing about it for so long, and i was even happier that Mackay showed up!
11000rpm wrote:
18 Nov 2019 12:23
Wow boi, Mac's back with hottest ride after long no activities from forum... now it makes sense why he was away; He brought another sick build that I must admit as myself a ex-E36 owner.
Thanks for the priceless ticket my mane.
You're welcome mate, after all having you guys aboard was priceless too! :D
MACKAY
Associate

Big thanks to @Lagano for giving me opportunity to show my ride to our community, and I appreciate that a lot my man. Couldn't be happier to meet you again after such a long time, not to mention to see your G35 in person and that S85 powerplant you did. It's a shame that some things are the way it is and we don't do stuff like we used to do but things goes on and we can't dwell on the past. Even though I am difficult type of person to be around or do stuff I hope to meet some of you back in Japan sometime in the future to remember good times or just cruise around. Also thank you guys @11000rpm and @Niatross , it's been a while. ;)
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO ayy damn that g35 looks really nice ngl and the bmw v10? That's just bonkers. Ah the civic it looks really nice, i love the 90's-2k era of car mods, and the challanger luckily it was found and probably one of the most unexpected things to find on sema. The bmw just mmm really nice and clean :P
► Show Spoiler
Soju
Gangster

The V10 on the G35 was pretty rad, and the E36 that @MACKAY showed us was pretty perfect in every way :)
Lagano
Gangster

MACKAY wrote:
23 Nov 2019 12:49
Big thanks to @Lagano for giving me opportunity to show my ride to our community, and I appreciate that a lot my man. Couldn't be happier to meet you again after such a long time, not to mention to see your G35 in person and that S85 powerplant you did. It's a shame that some things are the way it is and we don't do stuff like we used to do but things goes on and we can't dwell on the past. Even though I am difficult type of person to be around or do stuff I hope to meet some of you back in Japan sometime in the future to remember good times or just cruise around. Also thank you guys @11000rpm and @Niatross , it's been a while. ;)
Thanks to you too, it's been a long time! Yeah, well all kinds of things got us busy but we should meet again in Japan soon enough :)
NotPerfect wrote:
23 Nov 2019 13:09
OwO ayy damn that g35 looks really nice ngl and the bmw v10? That's just bonkers. Ah the civic it looks really nice, i love the 90's-2k era of car mods, and the challanger luckily it was found and probably one of the most unexpected things to find on sema. The bmw just mmm really nice and clean :P
Thanks man, yeah we could've dropped in a V8 crate engine like many builds there but we like things a bit more unusual. ;) And i agree, the early 2000's were definitely a time to live in!
Soju wrote:
24 Nov 2019 03:31
The V10 on the G35 was pretty rad, and the E36 that @MACKAY showed us was pretty perfect in every way :)
You know we love rad stuff! :D And yep, his build was super rad too!