V$ Side to Side Team Roleplay

Lagano
Associate

02 Oct 2019 21:38

Welcome to Side to Side Roleplay!

So, i think i owe the new site a short introduction on what this is all about. I'm Žiga, from Slovenia but for the last 3 years i've been in the United States of America, more specifically Ardmore, Oklahoma experiencing its vast car culture with my best mate Benjamin aka Benny. It all started in 2016 when he drove to my place from Bosnia to pay me a visit and then we got an idea to team up with a few more friends to build some nice rides around the globe, but for now, me and Benny have set up our place over here.

Ever since then our passion are RWD and AWD cars that you can take either to a race track, drag strip, or just a fun drive on a mountain road, well sometimes i like to throw around a fast little FWD hatch too. We've gathered connections around USA and Japan and thanks to them we've opened up a parts shop to help others achieve the build they want!

Here are the cars that we currently have:
► Show Spoiler
You can read the whole story here! Or click here to check out a few later posts before this one to stay updated. But if you were already following, let's hop in right into what we were up to last month!

Shitcar shenanigans

Topeka Heartland Park, Kansas - 12th Sep 2019

We went to the race track in Kansas for a very fun challenge between me, Big Smoke and Franklin! We all bought used (and pretty beaten up) cars with a V$500 budget and ended up with pretty solid machines! Yuan bought an E100 Corolla with a blown head gasket for only V$50(!!!), Franklin bought a 318i E36, also with a few engine problems for V$300 and i got a SC400 which got a major impact in the front. Well, mine needed the most work but i managed to get it ready for this track day by pulling a few parts from the SC300 drag car. The funny part is, Franklin found this car to swap the 1UZ in that E36 but after some fixes it didn't need an engine swap anymore. It's a fairly powerful and reliable V8 but it's only available with an automatic so i'm not sure if we'd have enough time to make the conversion.

When we arrived to Topeka in the afternoon we wasted no time and set off on the track. At a venue like this i usually brought a fully prepared and modified racecar, but this time it was the complete opposite! We did no changes to the cars whatsoever, apart from the required repairs to make them run. This reminded me of Gears and Gasoline's track day with a beater Mitsubishi, they proved that you can take anything to the track and have great fun! That car was probably still in better condition than our shitboxes but regardless, we tried to drive them all out on the track to see what kind of "racecar" V$500 can get you!

The SC400 was pretty tail happy in many corners, despite its lazy old automatic the V8 had more than enough grunt for a bit of sideways action. Or maybe it was just because of worn out tires, who knows. :P Another thing to worry about was the huge body roll, that can be a real problem when you lose traction!

At some moments the car decided otherwise and wildly understeered, even to the point when i went completely off track! Fortunately there were no other cars next to me because this land yacht is pretty heavy and would easily take another car with itself. Well a few seconds later there were just Franklin and Yuan passing by and most likely laughing their asses off. :lol: I'm glad i didn't end up in a rail, luckily there's enough grass before it. I don't really care what happens to the SC400 but of course i'd like it to make it to the end of the day, at least.

Yuan had a major advantage in the corners, his Toyota had really thin tires and like on my car, the typical 20 year old suspension, but it was way lighter and it dealt some parts of the track with ease unlike me. He still handled it really well, that shows the skills of an experienced time attack racer!

As he completed a few laps he tried to push the little Corolla further with tighter racing lines and later braking, but then he almost overshot this corner! I suppose he has no problem using this technique with his Evo 3 which is properly set up for tracking, on the other hand a car that barely has any grip requires much more caution. The front wheels locked up for a moment, causing a bit of "big smoke" in the process. :D

Franklin's laps were quite impressive too, and looking at his car i'd say he had the best of both worlds: a well-balanced RWD layout, fairly light weight and sufficient power for its size. He welded the rear differential for some extra fun in the corners but he might've drifted a bit too much in some of them! Again, he had a better handling car but i made up that loss on the straight parts haha.

Later in the afternoon we headed to the drag strip held on the same place, how convenient. The Lexus had an obvious head start here, with its V8 packing 250HP compared to the 140 or 100HP 4-cylinders on the other cars. Surprisingly, i even managed to pull off a burnout before making a quarter mile pass! I don't think it added any grip but i did it just for fun. I'm used to dropping the clutch and then sending it, this time the automatic did the trick too! I guess they're not that bad after all, i just go for a manual car whenever possible for a more authentic driving experience.

Towards the evening we had some snacks and talked about the day and some other cool cars on the track. Man, i can't believe we drove these beaters all the way over here! This track day was a huge success, lots of fun with great company and we barely spent any cash! Like they always say, the best things in life are free. Well, almost in this case. :P

The day after that the action just kept on going! I attended a local street car drag competition with the Supra but first it needed a few adjustments to fit the regulations. The engine was detuned to 700HP due to a power/weight ratio limit, and its tires were slightly too wide so i took the 18" SSRs that used to be on the SC300 and fit a couple of Hoosier street legal slicks on them.

Despite the power restriction the Supra still felt very torquey, violently throwing me back into the seat as i launched it down the strip. The grip was amazing and it brought me to a 1/4 mile time of 8.7 seconds, resulting in 5th place overall! There were some subtle looking but insanely fast cars in the competition, and the winner was, believe it or not... a Honda Civic. You may think rear wheel drive cars would have a major advantage but not this time, that Civic must've had some serious work and testing done to it as it just broke in the 7's.

21th Sep 2019

Sadly Yuan and Soju had to move back to their home turf a few days earlier due to some events they planned to attend but at least we still had Franklin with us for this one. I took the 300ZX because i haven't driven it in a while, and Benny was rolling in his Lambo behind. Anyways, we went to Stroud again for a drift event but this one had a special guest, the one and only Ken Nomura!!! Ben from KameTrick was his translator, absolutely the right guy for the job as he was living in Japan for a few years, exploring its grassroots drifting culture and spreading knowledge about it in USA. Too bad i couldn't drift with the Chevelle again but it will take a break for a while with a different approach to the build. Well there was still the AE86 but it would still need a few preparations before going to the event which i just didn't have time for, we were hanging out with the boys and tracking beater cars haha. Anyway i spent most of the time there socializing with the local drifters and Ken, obviously. He's always been a funny guy, and that's what i love about him. Even in the times when he was constantly competing in D1GP, he was still the same old him, straight up having a good time and making people laugh. :D He was keen on hearing our adventures in Japan and around the world and was happy to know we keep the drift scene going. By the way we also copped some Uras merchandise that Nomuken brought, pretty cool stuff that you don't see every day, maybe not even in Japan! All in all it was wonderful to meet such a legend, big thanks to Ben for clearing things out and making this possible in the first place!

Moving on back to our garage, the Chevelle is still awaiting an engine checkup that i should do ASAP. At least i got the new wheels on, they make it look like a real classic.

Benny's S2000 did get some proper work done underneath though, the suspension is all set up with new control arms and Tein OEM spec springs and shocks. We should be able to get this thing rolling now!
Finances

3 weekly paychecks: +V$3375
Lexus SC400: V$500
Hoosier rear slicks: V$500
S2000 Tein S-Tech lowering springs: V$279
Fuel, snacks and drinks: V$163
Remaining: V$23392
Last edited by Lagano on 03 Oct 2019 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

NotPerfect
Gangster

02 Oct 2019 23:27

Ayyy first rp thread on new site siicckk

The beater thingy was really dope i need to try it myself owo and the supre drag run daammnn 8.7 is fast af, lol 7 sec civic, jokes on you v8 guys lmfao. You met Ken Nomura OwO you guys have insane luck. Can't wait for s2k's final form :D
► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

Gorgoil
Associate

03 Oct 2019 00:46

Wow I've been reading everything and it's awesome, congrats bro for the 5th place, and yeah that Civic was insanely fast
Come and meet Car Tune

Jesus Christ
The Godfathers

03 Oct 2019 06:35

S2k tho.. :twisted:
    Why be a KING when you can be a GOD?!

Nightkid
    Gangster

03 Oct 2019 12:43

that S2000 looks just amazing :geek:

FranklinAnderson
    Associate

03 Oct 2019 13:21

Dude, that challenge was AWESOME, we should do it again really!
    Next time we will do something like that again!
    Current Money : $38935

Roleplay info below...
    ► Show Spoiler
    Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
    Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)

BigSmoke
    Gangster

03 Oct 2019 15:11

The Corolla and Bimmer were 90s touring car heroes after all! It's just normal they felt at home on race track, even if the Corolla only had 100 BHP to begin with :lol: It's also a refreshing time as well since I've never driven an FWD car on a racetrack. it does open my insight over my driving techniques.....and also explains why touring car racing is fun! :D

Also GOD DAMN BOI you met Ben again, and on top of it, Nomuken?! Dude I love Nomuken's odd but funny antiques, I imagine everyone was hyped seeing him ripping around the lot. I did met Manabu Suzuki and Tarzan Yamada way back then, but because they were filling in for a live talkshow and I was resting after a TA session I can't get close enough as you guys did :cry:
    Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
    Visit my old RP HERE!

Soju
    Associate

03 Oct 2019 15:22

I can clearly see you guys had a blast during the race with a "beater" car, and the Supra is always asserting dominance in the drag scene :D

Looking forward to see how S2K will look like when it's properly done!

Benny
    Associate

03 Oct 2019 17:59

Jesus Christ wrote:
    03 Oct 2019 06:35
    S2k tho.. :twisted:
    Yep gotta love that roadster feel with the stereo from a F20 at 9k RPM
    Cars in RP:
    Lamborghini Aventador
    Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
    Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
    Toyota Supra A80 (EU Spec)
    Nissan 180SX

Click here to go to my RP!
    Make sure you visit our store as well, press on banner below!

Benny
    Associate

03 Oct 2019 18:06

Soju wrote:
    03 Oct 2019 15:22
    I can clearly see you guys had a blast during the race with a "beater" car, and the Supra is always asserting dominance in the drag scene :D

Looking forward to see how S2K will look like when it's properly done!
    That supra will eat dust once I get my hands back on the SC300 hehe
    Well S2K had a wrong turn on the intersection and now its going another path hehe
    Cars in RP:
    Lamborghini Aventador
    Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
    Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
    Nissan 180SX

marcus915
    Associate

03 Oct 2019 19:59

oh my, what a sweet collection of cars! such a diverse variety ♥️
    hollywood's bleeding
    c o o l d o w n

Benny
    Associate

04 Oct 2019 16:57

marcus915 wrote:
    03 Oct 2019 19:59
    oh my, what a sweet collection of cars! such a diverse variety ♥️
    Thanks, we would diverse even more but we are runing out of space drasticly hehe
    Cars in RP:
    Lamborghini Aventador
    Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
    Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
    Nissan 180SX

Niatross
    Associate

06 Oct 2019 21:35

Just like how Marcus said, y'alls garage never ceases to amaze me :lol:
    You have everything from beaters to supercars and that is literal GOALS!

Speaking of beaters, racing them is most likely the most fun u can have on cars too!
    And then theres the SOOPRA BOOST
    Dominating the drag strip as it should
    Epic stuff guys!!

Lagano
    Associate

07 Oct 2019 16:06

Thanks for the nice words everyone!! Yeah we really have all kinds of cars :lol:

insolivion
    Associate

07 Oct 2019 19:38

That chevelle, i'm in love dude.

~00s japanese drift~
    ~HotBoiz~
    ~EST-2019~

Benny
    Associate

08 Oct 2019 04:12

I would like to say the following to LAGANO :
    Happy birthday brother, everything best, I wish you that all your wishes come true, and that you celebrate a whole lot of birthdays in happines love and SIDEWAYS :D

Cars in RP:
    Lamborghini Aventador
    Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
    Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
    Nissan 180SX

Nick Shovkin
    Associate

08 Oct 2019 07:03

Damn!!! That Supra!! 8.7 is nice result!!!
    S2K looks teriffic!!

Lagano
    Associate

08 Oct 2019 20:57

TREAT YOSELF

You could really say i made the most out of my birthday today. More about that soon!

RocketBunnyS13
    Associate

09 Oct 2019 22:40

COOKIN UP THE BEANSSS

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!
    s t a y c l a s s y

Lagano
    Associate

20 Oct 2019 18:45

RocketBunnyS13 wrote:
    09 Oct 2019 22:40
    COOKIN UP THE BEANSSS

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!
    Thanks bro! <3

I am speed

The 997 finally looks like a proper sports car! Benny and the guys at the paint shop worked really hard on it to make it in time for an epic birthday present. It was resprayed in Speed Yellow, actually quite a common color choice on all kinds of 997 models but just look how it pops out! Having the GT3-ish rear wing, i decided to add some similarly styled graphics too, but since this is "just" a Carrera S there's a good old Carrera stripe on the sides. That logo has changed through the different 911 generations but i sticked with the original one, also found on the 1973 and 1974 Carrera RS, my favorite versions of the legendary Porsche. The hood and side vents only got a layer of clearcoat though, cause you know it's not just your everyday sports car when you see carbon fiber stuff on it. ;)

On the rear there's just a small 911 logo, many owners go for it instead of their 911's actual trim because it looks way more simple and refined. But i just had a sticker printed instead of an actual badge.

And the wing got a Porsche logo just like on the race cars!

I've pictured the final look of the 997 this way pretty much since i got all the body parts on, except the wheels where i found a really good offer by surprise. Speaking of those, they are 19x8.5/19x11 Avant Garde Ruger Mesh wheels made specifically for Porsches, you can see that by how well they fit! I copped them for a bit short of 2 grand, great deal for top condition wheels even with OEM center caps!

Before the 997 was revealed to me i did some celebratory hoonage at a nearby Mexican spot with the 86. It's gone through a lot of abuse on various drift events so it will need some refreshment after this fun run. All those high revs it's capable of make a lot of heat in the engine bay, i'll have to get a better cooling system for it to last longer without burning itself. While that's getting sorted out i thought i could give it a makeover on the outside too!

And here's the other, way different Toyota. Not many changes on it for now, apart from a milder 700HP engine setup to run in a local drag competition. It's already capable of 1300HP but i wanna push this thing to the limit eventually!

I didn't really know what to do with the SC300 after i got the Supra but now that Benny's really interested in it i'll let him have it and maybe make it even better as well. It's cool to see such similar cars built the same way! Well the Supra might have a few more goodies in terms of suspension but they both have a similar performance for now.

After a few minutes of laughing from shock and happiness by how the 997 turned out Ben took me for a ride in the Aventador for another surprise.

We were just driving around town, doing a few pulls and pulling attention from everyone on the street haha. However what pulled my attention was what looked like 5 supercars lined up at a supermarket parking lot next to the road, and after one more drive around the block Ben took a turn there, he parked the Lambo next to them and it turned out that those were some of his friends that he'd gathered for a little car meet! What a nice surprise indeed.

Just next to us there was another Italian masterpiece from the rivaling brand, Ferrari. I've really liked the 458 ever since it was released 10 years ago, and this particular one is a Spider, the topless version! One thing that bothers me with convertible cars is that the roof line is way different and not that good looking, but the 458 retains that sleek shape perfectly even with the roof off! I can hardly believe this car turned 10 years old, that is timeless design right there.

You may find this strange but i really like that it's not red! Don't get me wrong, the famous Rosso Corsa is beautiful but i just like things a bit different and extraordinary. I think yellow is the second color choice after the usual red but it's still quite rare to see!

And there's a red car but not a Ferrari, a Mk4 Supra which all of you are most likely familiar with. (Cue the "More than you can afford, pal" quote from The Fast and the Furious) It's been in America ever since it was produced and it's gone through various stages of tuning all the way from the late 90's, early 2000's and to this day. Another FnF reference can be the Bomex bodykit, one of my favorites on the Supra! Volk wheels match just right too, while having the aggressive and showy 2000's bodykit they provide a great looking track stance.

Another thing to point out is that it's an original turbo model with a 6 speed manual! Now that's a rare Supra to come across. Nowadays the top notch models are kept in stock condition but like i said, this one was in the scene during the 2000's where it was all about crazy tuning. Under the hood it has a well built twin turbo engine good for around 650HP so the performance definitely matches the looks!

Just look at how happy this boy is. :D

Next to it was one car that i've got pretty familiar with this year too - a 997! However this one is way better than mine to begin with, a 911 Turbo and the later model, judging by the taillights. The Turbo fits in the supercar territory with all wheel drive and 500HP!

The modern high-end Porsches always have centerlock wheels which is a really cool feature! Interesting that the pre-facelift (997.1) 911 Turbos had the usual 5 lug wheels, looks like they got much more modernized at the beginning of the 2010's.

I haven't seen many of these around! The AMG GT is a fairly new car so they're still priced above V$100k, pretty hefty but that's the price for a luxury sports coupe from one of the most well-known and respected brands in the world.

Finally on the other side, there was another Porsche, albeit a much older one and also the oldest ride of the bunch! Being the last air cooled model, the 993 holds a special place in the 911 history. This one is a Carrera S, maybe not really fast by today's means but one of the top performers in the 90's!

The wheels are the classic BBS LMs, always a great choice! 18" fronts and 19" rears provide great fitment since pretty much every 911 has slightly bigger rear wheels due to the wide fenders. Other than that the car looks completely original, even BBS wheels feel like at home on a Porsche so it's still keeping the OEM look. These or the base Carreras or Targas have actually become quite affordable, completely opposite to the Turbos, Carrera RS or even GT2s which have skyrocketed in value. I've had my eyes on a few good 993 deals for a while but then i ended up with a broken 997, things didn't really go as planned but i'm glad how it turned out anyway!

This was one hell of a day, a meetup with a few friends is a guaranteed good time, especially when every one of them brings such a sick ride! And of course i took way too many photos even if there were just 6 cars in total, you can take a look at them down here. :P
    ► Show Spoiler
    There was another thing called Speed that gave Japan a hard time in the last few days though, and unfortunately Tokyo was one of the most affected areas. The boys from the shop there sent me this, i kinda saw it coming but i was still quite shocked and sad from what happened. Not only the engine and electrics are probably done for, looks like the car was also carried around the shop a bit during the flood, resulting in minor body damage and some stuff falling onto it. I don't know if i'll be able to fix it because this was the go-to car for when i visit Japan and i didn't plan working on it much, so i had other projects in mind. I'm glad that my boys over there stayed safe and somehow kept their rides intact, but sadly i can't manage things in 2 places at the same time. So RIP for now, i guess.

One last thing to point out is our SEMA build, we haven't updated anything about it for a while but we'll let you be surprised when the time comes to reveal it.
    Finances

2 weekly paychecks: +V$2250
    911 respray: V$2000
    Avant Garde Ruger Mesh wheels: V$1895
    Remaining: V$21747

BigSmoke
    Gangster

20 Oct 2019 18:52

I'm quite saddened to see the S14 basically dead, but hey, at least you've got yourself a handome 997 in hand! Props for giving it the great mix of road and race looks! :D

And I should say that's the most expensive car meet I've ever seen! I also not really a fan of open-top supercars (despite the fact that I own Kaede), since coupe is always the way to go for me. But yeah, you can't deny how majestic the 458 is in any form :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!
    Visit my old RP HERE!

NotPerfect
    Gangster

20 Oct 2019 19:20

UwU that 911 looks really nice rn and the 86 oh yea, that's a nice meet also. Ah sad that your 14 got hit by the typhoon, sadly mine did too.
    ► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

Lagano
    Associate

20 Oct 2019 19:37

BigSmoke wrote:
    20 Oct 2019 18:52
    I'm quite saddened to see the S14 basically dead, but hey, at least you've got yourself a handome 997 in hand! Props for giving it the great mix of road and race looks! :D

And I should say that's the most expensive car meet I've ever seen! I also not really a fan of open-top supercars (despite the fact that I own Kaede), since coupe is always the way to go for me. But yeah, you can't deny how majestic the 458 is in any form :lol:
    Sad reacts only :'( Thanks though, yeah i'm really happy with the 997 so i guess i'm feeling kinda neutral at the moment. And that was an epic meet indeed, you don't need that many cars if you've also got good company! Usually i prefer coupes too but it's a great feeling to have a ride with the top down. 8-) I still have a Miata laying around too but i haven't used it that much due to all the other rides.
    NotPerfect wrote:
    20 Oct 2019 19:20
    UwU that 911 looks really nice rn and the 86 oh yea, that's a nice meet also. Ah sad that your 14 got hit by the typhoon, sadly mine did too.
    Glad you like it! The 86 is getting some changes after a while but these days i've had way too much stuff to do haha. Damn, our S14s were really all the same, huh? They even ended up with the same fate :shock:

Soju
    Associate

20 Oct 2019 19:43

That is a proper update to the 997, perhaps the most epic Porsche I’ve seen in the community!

Also, it makes me sad that the S14 is no more, which was my first ever project car :cry:

Buzzsaw
    Gangster

20 Oct 2019 20:02

Oh no, I'm sorry for your loss of S14. I know that feeling bro. MY ECR33 was killed due strong winds that make the tree fall and crushed her. I'm do missed her, we got same feeling, mate. I shall to pat your back, but there good side is, the 997 look totally handsome!
    My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13430

RP's My vehicle owned:
    ► Show Spoiler

insolivion
    Associate

22 Oct 2019 18:27

Damn dude, sorry for the S14, that sucks.. And that 911 is looking godly man.

~00s japanese drift~
    ~HotBoiz~
    ~EST-2019~

Benny
    Associate

23 Oct 2019 17:37

Thank you all....

So a couple weeks ago we sould our W204 C63 AMG to @Niatross and we got V$12000 for it......

And so I went on a little shopping spree, here are some teasers on the purchases and prices. Detailed review on the vehicles later....

1990 Nissan Silvia J's (S13)

2006 Hyundai Santafe 2.2-VGT

1983 Toyota Corolla AE86 Levin (ZENKI)

2006 Mercedes Benz C240 W203

BDay present for Lagano

And something extra pssst
    ► Show Spoiler
    Cars in RP:
    Lamborghini Aventador
    Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
    Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
    Nissan 180SX

insolivion
    Associate

23 Oct 2019 17:41

a lot of good cars you got, S13, AE86 digging the most, curious to see what you're gona do with them :P

~00s japanese drift~
    ~HotBoiz~
    ~EST-2019~

BigSmoke
    Gangster

23 Oct 2019 17:50

Holy hecc we got ourselves a shopping spree here! :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!
    Visit my old RP HERE!

Nightkid
    Gangster

23 Oct 2019 18:07

OOOOFFFF , that´s a lot of cars lmao . Hmmmm i wonder what are you gonna do with those S13´s H I H E :ˇ)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Last edited by Nightkid on 24 Oct 2019 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Buzzsaw
    Gangster

23 Oct 2019 19:17

Ooo, Great collecting cars and not sure about Hyundai style.
    My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13430

RP's My vehicle owned:
    ► Show Spoiler

NotPerfect
    Gangster

23 Oct 2019 19:47

OwO that looks like a good update can't wait uwu
    ► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

Benny
    Associate

27 Oct 2019 06:51

insolivion wrote:
    23 Oct 2019 17:41
    a lot of good cars you got, S13, AE86 digging the most, curious to see what you're gona do with them :P

@insolivion
    --Thank you the S13 and AE86 are special projects in the making.....
    BigSmoke wrote:
    23 Oct 2019 17:50
    Holy hecc we got ourselves a shopping spree here! :lol:

@BigSmoke
    --Like you don't know how I handle when I have a pile of cash :twisted:
    Nightkid wrote:
    23 Oct 2019 18:07
    OOOOFFFF , that´s a lot of cars lmao . Hmmmm i wonder what are you gonna do with those S13´s H I H E :ˇ)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

@Nightkid
    --Our plan was to get rid of some but in the end I increased the pile xD......Uh S13 will be HUGE :?
    Buzzsaw wrote:
    23 Oct 2019 19:17
    Ooo, Great collecting cars and not sure about Hyundai style.

@Buzzsaw
    --Thanks, the Hyundai is the main part of the builds 8-)
    NotPerfect wrote:
    23 Oct 2019 19:47
    OwO that looks like a good update can't wait uwu

@NotPerfect
    --It definetly will be just some patience is required !!!
    Cars in RP:
    Lamborghini Aventador
    Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
    Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
    Nissan 180SX

Nick Shovkin
    Associate

28 Oct 2019 01:39

Heh! So many cars! I don’t even know what to write!

Soju
    Associate

28 Oct 2019 04:28

Santa Fe! Pretty odd choice but it's perfect for a daily

Benny
    Associate

28 Oct 2019 04:58

Soju wrote:
    28 Oct 2019 04:28
    Santa Fe! Pretty odd choice but it's perfect for a daily

@Soju
    ----Somebody give that man a cookie :D
    Cars in RP:
    Lamborghini Aventador
    Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
    Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
    Nissan 180SX

Lagano
    Associate

01 Nov 2019 23:13

Keepin' it cool

Never mind all that shopping for now, we'll explain that after SEMA. This week i did just a few small fixes on some of the cars, first i put that purple SC300 front bumper and headlights back on the drag car, and for the beater SC400 i found another set on a junkyard, and i almost forgot there was another bumper in our garage, from when the drag car was not yet a drag car.

Moving on to the Lexus' original brand, this one got some work under the hood, or should i say in front of it lol. Shoutout to Battle Garage Racing Service, they got me all the parts i needed! As you can see that's a Koyo Racing radiator, made just for BEAMS swapped AE86s! With the upgraded radiator i also bought Mishimoto silicone hoses to match. And in front of that is an HPI oil cooler to keep the heat further down, if the oil temperature rises the whole thing is likely to overheat and possibly go up in flames. So additional cooling is a good thing, especially if you're giving it all the revs on the track! On the outside, however, i have yet to decide what to go for. It will get a change in style but not that much probably.

Finally, the ol' reliable Chevelle. I opened up the LS2 to check for any damage but fortunately it was OK. Though the head gaskets looked kinda bad so i copped another pair of them from Mahle. And now that it's all motor, i changed the pistons for Summit Racing forged ones and literally turned the compression up to 11! Now it runs as it's supposed to with great response. After a drive through the town i don't even miss the turbos that much, it still feels really powerful! And to be honest, every drive in this is a trip down memory lane as we've rebuilt this Chevy almost 3 years ago, thinking about this really makes me wanna find some more abandoned classics and bring them back to their former glory. Meanwhile, what did pass the 3rd anniversary a week ago is the beginning of this whole American adventure! Back then we barely scraped the cash for our own place here, and here we are now with more cars than we can deal with. Time surely does fly when you're having fun...

That's all for now but we're preparing to head for Las Vegas as we speak, I'll post about what'll be going on there in the upcoming week. Stay cool, guys! :cool:
    Finances

S14 sold: +V$4000
    SC400 headlights: V$50
    Summit Racing LS Pro forged pistons: V$500
    Mahle LS cylinder head gaskets: V$90
    Koyo Racing BEAMS AE86 radiator: V$468
    Mishimoto AE86 silicone radiator hose kit: V$94
    AE86 HPI oil cooler: V$420
    Remaining: V$26726

Benny
    Associate

02 Nov 2019 05:40

Little fix ;)
    Lagano wrote:
    01 Nov 2019 23:13
    Keepin' it cool
    Finances

S14 sold: +V$4000
    SC400 headlights: V$50
    Summit Racing LS Pro forged pistons: V$500
    Mahle LS cylinder head gaskets: V$90
    Koyo Racing BEAMS AE86 radiator: V$468
    Mishimoto AE86 silicone radiator hose kit: V$94
    AE86 HPI oil cooler: V$420
    Remaining: V$26726
    Side To Side Autoparts salary. +V$4470

New Remaining : V$31196
    Cars in RP:
    Lamborghini Aventador
    Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
    Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
    Nissan 180SX

BigSmoke
    Gangster

02 Nov 2019 06:06

Wew SEMA is just a week away and I can't wait! :D

And also happy 3rd birthday of the garage! It's been a long journey indeed, with people come and go as y'all going on. But in the end, you've truly established yourselves as tuning legends. Here's a cake for y'all, open spoiler to receive it ;)
    ► Show Spoiler

Visit my RP HERE!
    Visit my old RP HERE!

Soju
    Associate

02 Nov 2019 14:54

That's a nice little update to the 86! Can't wait to see the SEMA!

Lagano
    Associate

17 Nov 2019 00:26

Vegas, baby!

Oh boy last week was a blast! For this trip we had some good company from Japan and Korea again - @BigSmoke, @RocketBunnyS13, @Soju and @11000rpm. We headed out towards Nevada pretty much as soon as the boys landed, we hooked the trailer to the F150, loaded the G35 and off we went. It took us almost a day to get there - after all, the drive was more than a thousand miles! Even a distance like that passes by quickly with the squad, however, we had so much stuff to tell each other, from our past, current and even future projects to everyday life stuff and just joking around.

After a bunch of gas stations, highways, stories and memes, here we are - Las Vegas. Sin City, City of Lights, America's Playground, The Entertainment Capital of the World and whatnot. In all my time in the USA i've actually never been here, mostly because of the distance, obviously. I've been to California a few times, which is substantially closer than Oklahoma but i'd never thought to check it out, really.

Anyway, let's move on to the reason we got there - the SEMA show! And here's the G35, finally complete. Many thanks to the local body shop that got us the bodykit! It's a mix of different brands but that's what i often like, this way you can make a car look just the way you imagine. The Liberty Walk widebody was a really common thing as every year but our build had a different approach, like a street car with track car elements which makes it a great all-rounder. Here you can see many amazing builds but how many of them are actually driven or raced on a track?

Rotiforms might not be the right wheels for the track but definitely the right ones for a car show like this. Another thing that might be a bit overused but at least we represent a quality domestic brand. Again thanks to the body shop that did a great job making a R35 rear bumper fit perfectly, it looks great with the matching exhaust system and it's also a subtle way to show that this G35 has some more GTR goodies underneath.

And this was likely the biggest head turner of this build. There were many cool engine swaps to see featuring mostly V8 crate engines or even electric motors, and the majority of them reached heaps of power! Yeah, most of American events have turned into a massive horsepower war, it's fun but it's not all about that - it's also about the sound and how the car feels to drive, which is why we chose a V10. Many people found it really cool and unusual, and that was just what we wanted.

There's some more photos here if you want! I managed to take some just as we set up the car, after that all the people rolled in and it was basically impossible to make any more good shots lol.
    ► Show Spoiler
    We had a walk around the venue and the builds were really diverse and some were just crazy, despite all the widebody A90 Supras and lifted trucks haha. Many of those were sponsored by Toyo Tires, check them out here! There are some more that i wanna point out though. This Civic might not be an insane or revolutionary build but i love that someone remembered the good old early 2000's style! Aggressive bodykit, simple but striking graphics, stickers of the car's various parts brands, chrome wheels etc. This particular Civic was built for Super Street Magazine in 2000 with a budget of 10k!

This one had an unfortunate incident but it makes a good story, i guess. This Challenger was stolen just a few days before the event and it looks like the thief wasn't able to handle its 1000HP so fortunately it was recovered. Too bad for the car and the owners but respect that they still put it on display! Not in showroom condition anymore but the story itself must've attracted a lot of attention.

And then there's this Murcielago which i've gotten quite familiar with this year, and i'm sure many of you have already seen it before. That's because it was featured in The Fate of the Furious, but this February Freddy "Tavarish" picked it up at a bargain price because the Lambo was not in the best condition after all the movie stunts it's gone through, and restored it to it's "million dollar show car" state as it was supposed to be. I've been following this build ever since he bought the car, it may not look like much of a difference from the outside (after all Freddy kept the looks the same as the movie car) but from up close it originally had a badly done paintjob and many other imperfections on the body parts. But now it looks like a million dollar supercar indeed, and he did the same for the interior! After almost a year it's great to finally see it done, Freddy was super happy about it as well because this was one of his most ambitious (and probably most expensive) projects he's ever done. Like me and Benny, we all had a major project to display here but at the same time we have 10 or even more cars in the garage that still need some work, so we could relate with him to many things. All in all it was awesome to finally see him and his Murcielago after seeing so many videos of the build, and it was quite a rare chance to see him cause he's all the way from Florida!

Finally, here's this track-focused beast of a BMW by a good friend of mine which some of you might know too - Mackay! He hasn't been active on the forums for a while but you can check out his builds here. What can i say, he's a busy guy. Now i can totally see why though, he brought his E36 here from Japan on the behalf of VAC Motorsports, a Philadelphia-based BMW tuning shop. Of course his E36 contains a lot of parts from this very company - 3.4 stroker kit, dry sump setup, cylinder head and a carbon fiber intake.

Being from Japan it has a few Japanese parts, a HKS radiator and the Volk TE37 wheels with Advan AD08R tires - always a great choice for a track car! Mackay is also a skilled fabricator so there are some parts from himself too, such as the exhaust system and rollcage.

The stance is so mean on this thing too, it has a proper suspension setup for the track! Aragosta coilovers and Powerflex bushings all around, and an AP Racing big brake kit. Mackay always built his rides with precision and the best parts he can find, and this one is no exception, actually even better for such a famous event.

Meanwhile there was also some time to chill and check out what this Vegas is all about. Well, with one word, it'sLIT. Even at night time it's basically like during the day with all the lights and people still hanging around. But as always, what i really liked is that there was plenty of cool rides to see on the streets! I thought about picking up a fancy rental too but the prices were just insane, Vegas is one hell of an expensive place. So instead we went for a drive with the truck and it was still pretty fun! Might've been even a bit scary for all that traffic :lol: Generally there are lots of trucks around America but it's actually a relatively rare sight over here, probably because there's mostly tourists driving around.

And that concludes another epic trip of ours! But there's another one already going on, after we got back from this one we headed on the same plane as AJ and Edo. Stay tuned!
    Vegas made us rich... with experience and good memories

SEMA preparations: V$3500
    Gambling: V$100
    Remaining: V$29846

BigSmoke
    Gangster

17 Nov 2019 06:44

It was a jolly, jolly week at the Sin City! Even though some of the builds aren't up to my taste, there are still some builds that I absolutely approve and love. And even better, there are actual racecars as well! I think I gotta cover this up in a separate update.....there will be a lot of things to discuss! ;)

I'm always have been a fan of Tavarish, ever since he was hosting the Nice Car or Crack Pipe columns on Jalopnik. He wasn't the first one to host it, and it also changed author at the moment, but his NPOCP articles are quite enjoyable. So when I found him switching to other medias and doing car videos like Jalopnik alumni Doug DeMuro (insert 'bumper-to-bumper' jokes here) and Raphael Orlove (insert overturned Baja Bug here), I was able to enjoy his content instantly. And of course, meeting him firsthand is also a huge honor for me :D

You guys have asked us to visit the land of the free, now it's time for you guys to visit the land of the rising sun! ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
    Visit my old RP HERE!

Lagano
    Associate

17 Nov 2019 16:52

BigSmoke wrote:
    17 Nov 2019 06:44
    It was a jolly, jolly week at the Sin City! Even though some of the builds aren't up to my taste, there are still some builds that I absolutely approve and love. And even better, there are actual racecars as well! I think I gotta cover this up in a separate update.....there will be a lot of things to discuss! ;)

I'm always have been a fan of Tavarish, ever since he was hosting the Nice Car or Crack Pipe columns on Jalopnik. He wasn't the first one to host it, and it also changed author at the moment, but his NPOCP articles are quite enjoyable. So when I found him switching to other medias and doing car videos like Jalopnik alumni Doug DeMuro (insert 'bumper-to-bumper' jokes here) and Raphael Orlove (insert overturned Baja Bug here), I was able to enjoy his content instantly. And of course, meeting him firsthand is also a huge honor for me :D

You guys have asked us to visit the land of the free, now it's time for you guys to visit the land of the rising sun! ;)
    Time to return the favor, baby ;)

Niatross
    Associate

18 Nov 2019 10:36

Ayee Vegas does look like a lot of fun! (i mean, its vegas. what else was i expecting lmao)
    Its nice to see y'all actually pushed through with the bonkers S85 swap on the G35!

And AYEE tavarish's Murci at SEMA! Like BigSmoke said, his content indeed is enjoyable
    Sad shit regarding that Challenger tho. Absolutely sucks for something like that to happen to a car :cry:

Also damn i see @MACKAY made it there! His E36 looks mighty good too!
    Slightly bummed that i missed out SEMA this year. But eh, will be there next year hopefully! :D

11000rpm
    Associate

18 Nov 2019 12:23

Wow boi, Mac's back with hottest ride after long no activities from forum... now it makes sense why he was away; He brought another sick build that I must admit as myself a ex-E36 owner.
    Thanks for the priceless ticket my mane.

Lagano
    Associate

18 Nov 2019 22:55

Niatross wrote:
    18 Nov 2019 10:36
    Ayee Vegas does look like a lot of fun! (i mean, its vegas. what else was i expecting lmao)
    Its nice to see y'all actually pushed through with the bonkers S85 swap on the G35!

And AYEE tavarish's Murci at SEMA! Like BigSmoke said, his content indeed is enjoyable
    Sad shit regarding that Challenger tho. Absolutely sucks for something like that to happen to a car :cry:

Also damn i see @MACKAY made it there! His E36 looks mighty good too!
    Slightly bummed that i missed out SEMA this year. But eh, will be there next year hopefully! :D
    It was one hell of a fun time indeed my man! Yeah, the S85 worked like a charm but there were still a few even more bonkers swaps you could find. :lol: I was really happy to see that Lambo after knowing about it for so long, and i was even happier that Mackay showed up!
    11000rpm wrote:
    18 Nov 2019 12:23
    Wow boi, Mac's back with hottest ride after long no activities from forum... now it makes sense why he was away; He brought another sick build that I must admit as myself a ex-E36 owner.
    Thanks for the priceless ticket my mane.
    You're welcome mate, after all having you guys aboard was priceless too! :D

MACKAY
    Associate

23 Nov 2019 12:49

Big thanks to @Lagano for giving me opportunity to show my ride to our community, and I appreciate that a lot my man. Couldn't be happier to meet you again after such a long time, not to mention to see your G35 in person and that S85 powerplant you did. It's a shame that some things are the way it is and we don't do stuff like we used to do but things goes on and we can't dwell on the past. Even though I am difficult type of person to be around or do stuff I hope to meet some of you back in Japan sometime in the future to remember good times or just cruise around. Also thank you guys @11000rpm and @Niatross , it's been a while. ;)

NotPerfect
    Gangster

23 Nov 2019 13:09

OwO ayy damn that g35 looks really nice ngl and the bmw v10? That's just bonkers. Ah the civic it looks really nice, i love the 90's-2k era of car mods, and the challanger luckily it was found and probably one of the most unexpected things to find on sema. The bmw just mmm really nice and clean :P
    ► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

Soju
    Associate

24 Nov 2019 03:31

The V10 on the G35 was pretty rad, and the E36 that @MACKAY showed us was pretty perfect in every way :)

Lagano
    Associate

30 Nov 2019 01:13

MACKAY wrote:
    23 Nov 2019 12:49
    Big thanks to @Lagano for giving me opportunity to show my ride to our community, and I appreciate that a lot my man. Couldn't be happier to meet you again after such a long time, not to mention to see your G35 in person and that S85 powerplant you did. It's a shame that some things are the way it is and we don't do stuff like we used to do but things goes on and we can't dwell on the past. Even though I am difficult type of person to be around or do stuff I hope to meet some of you back in Japan sometime in the future to remember good times or just cruise around. Also thank you guys @11000rpm and @Niatross , it's been a while. ;)
    Thanks to you too, it's been a long time! Yeah, well all kinds of things got us busy but we should meet again in Japan soon enough :)
    NotPerfect wrote:
    23 Nov 2019 13:09
    OwO ayy damn that g35 looks really nice ngl and the bmw v10? That's just bonkers. Ah the civic it looks really nice, i love the 90's-2k era of car mods, and the challanger luckily it was found and probably one of the most unexpected things to find on sema. The bmw just mmm really nice and clean :P
    Thanks man, yeah we could've dropped in a V8 crate engine like many builds there but we like things a bit more unusual. ;) And i agree, the early 2000's were definitely a time to live in!
    Soju wrote:
    24 Nov 2019 03:31
    The V10 on the G35 was pretty rad, and the E36 that @MACKAY showed us was pretty perfect in every way :)
    You know we love rad stuff! :D And yep, his build was super rad too!

• Information