V$ OleAasgaard's RolePlay

OleAasgaard
Associate

Hello

After reading some of those badass roleplays here, i decided to start my own thread and show you guys my life building cars in Norway.
Where the roads is shit, and the police and government hate cars and car enthusiasts :lol:

I'll start by introducing myself.. I'm Ole, 23 years old and works as a Heavy Equipment Operator.
I have always had an interest for cars, trucks, snowmobiles and almost anything with an (combustion) engine

I recently bought myself a new car.. Its an 1997 Nissan S14, mostly stock. just some minor "uprades" done by the previous owner.. The car were listed at 141xxx NOK (About 13700$).
I called the seller and met up with him for a look and a test drive.. looks and runs great. Just need some minor fixes, needs a new temp sensor and a new diff (Welded) :shock: . Also i did not like the wheels, so i asked if he had some other wheels for it, he did have the stock wheels for the car. Because of the fixes needed and letting him keep the 19" wheels, i pressed the price down to 12000V$

Screenshot of the sales ad

Parked at home

Will do some work on this one soon, both maintenance and upgrades

Feel free to follow my process and let me know what you guys think :D

Finances:
Start of RP: + 20000V$
Nissan S14: - 12000V$
Total: 8000V$
Petrolhead - Backcountry Sledder - Heavy Equipment Operator
Roleplay
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO ayyy welcome on the forums bro and damn you've got a s14 just a shame it's a kouki not a zenki haha but it's fine. Damn the import costs are so expensive these things in jpn cost like 700000 yen for a stock good condition one lol rip. If you need any help with building it or smthg i have a nissan specific shop in utsunomiya, japan so i could help you somehow i think, just hit me up in dm's if i can help you :D
► Show Spoiler
Lagano
Gangster

Welcome man, glad you got some inspiration from all the builds going on here! Also nice to see someone on the European side, not many threads from there. But for Norway i've heard maintaining a car over there is quite tough. Anyway you got a very clean 200SX, it was a rare find in such good shape! Basic maintenance is a clever idea for whatever used car you buy but i wonder how you'll upgrade it!

(You started this really well, it's good to look for cars on actual used car sites! You can also add a license plate to match it even better, there is a template for a Norway one if you want.)
BigSmoke
Hitman

Welcome to the community! Yeah, I've heard of Norway government's very bitter stance on petrol-powered cars the days, as well as their 'electric-car only' plans for the upcoming years. Some years ago, I heard that a new Peugeot 208 GTi costs around 30k GBP over there due to sky-high taxes and all, whereas the rest of Europe had them around 1/3-1/2 of said price. If you're wondering, 30k GBP can net you a fresh Civic Type-R or even Ford Focus RS back then around Europe.

But at the same time, I love Norway for several auto-related things. It is the home of the Lankebanen circuit at Hell, which hosts the Norwegian round of FIA World Rallycross championship. The semifinals and final phase of the race weekend there are usually guaranteed to deliver hot actions. It is also the home of Gatebil festival, where a lot of awesome time attack and drift machines gather around in a flurry of sound, action, and madness. I still remember the days when I binged Kenneth Alm, Kenneth Nornes, Radni Molhampour and many more blast around Rudskogen for hours, thanks to Speedhunter's coverage of the event. And finally, Top Gear had a great episode in Norway :D

Moving to your roleplay, you started quite great actually, considering the place you're living in :) Exterior-wise it is indeed quite healthy. And yeah, that 19 inch wheels isn't exactly my taste either, so good job on switching to the stock wheels. Internal-wise the car appears to be healthy as well, since temperature sensors are relatively easy to buy. Taking out the diff however might need some effort, since it's welded after all.

Overall, you're going on a great start and I'm quite interested to follow your updates already (Bonus points for using real car ads for that extra realism). Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to more of your petrolhead adventures ;)
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
Niatross
Gangster

Welcome to the forums!
S14 is definitely a very formidable choice for first car (my first was an S14 silvia too!)
Stoked to see what u do with it
OleAasgaard
Associate

NotPerfect wrote:
11 Apr 2020 23:17
OwO ayyy welcome on the forums bro and damn you've got a s14 just a shame it's a kouki not a zenki haha but it's fine. Damn the import costs are so expensive these things in jpn cost like 700000 yen for a stock good condition one lol rip. If you need any help with building it or smthg i have a nissan specific shop in utsunomiya, japan so i could help you somehow i think, just hit me up in dm's if i can help you :D
Thanks :D Actually i like the Kouki more thank the Zenki, i'm really into old Volvo's so i guess its the sharp edges on the Kouki :lol:
Over here cars, and everything about them is expensive.. The government turns up the taxes, thinking they will save the planet by doing so :?
Will contact you if there is something i need 8-)
Lagano wrote:
12 Apr 2020 01:52
Welcome man, glad you got some inspiration from all the builds going on here! Also nice to see someone on the European side, not many threads from there. But for Norway i've heard maintaining a car over there is quite tough. Anyway you got a very clean 200SX, it was a rare find in such good shape! Basic maintenance is a clever idea for whatever used car you buy but i wonder how you'll upgrade it!

(You started this really well, it's good to look for cars on actual used car sites! You can also add a license plate to match it even better, there is a template for a Norway one if you want.)
It's weird not more norwegian or swedish people share their builds here, because there is a lot of great builds going on around 8-)
Worst about maintaining cars in Norway is the rust, because in the wintertimes they use so mush salt on the roads it just eats the cars :o

Luckily i live a bit from the city's, and they don't use so mush salt here.
This 200SX has been used only in the summer (Luckily).

Time will show what upgrades i'll do, but i want it to sit a little lower.. So i guess Coilovers will be bought pretty soon :P

(License plates will be mounted, just forgot there was a norwegian template)
BigSmoke wrote:
12 Apr 2020 05:25
Welcome to the community! Yeah, I've heard of Norway government's very bitter stance on petrol-powered cars the days, as well as their 'electric-car only' plans for the upcoming years. Some years ago, I heard that a new Peugeot 208 GTi costs around 30k GBP over there due to sky-high taxes and all, whereas the rest of Europe had them around 1/3-1/2 of said price. If you're wondering, 30k GBP can net you a fresh Civic Type-R or even Ford Focus RS back then around Europe.

But at the same time, I love Norway for several auto-related things. It is the home of the Lankebanen circuit at Hell, which hosts the Norwegian round of FIA World Rallycross championship. The semifinals and final phase of the race weekend there are usually guaranteed to deliver hot actions. It is also the home of Gatebil festival, where a lot of awesome time attack and drift machines gather around in a flurry of sound, action, and madness. I still remember the days when I binged Kenneth Alm, Kenneth Nornes, Radni Molhampour and many more blast around Rudskogen for hours, thanks to Speedhunter's coverage of the event. And finally, Top Gear had a great episode in Norway :D

Moving to your roleplay, you started quite great actually, considering the place you're living in :) Exterior-wise it is indeed quite healthy. And yeah, that 19 inch wheels isn't exactly my taste either, so good job on switching to the stock wheels. Internal-wise the car appears to be healthy as well, since temperature sensors are relatively easy to buy. Taking out the diff however might need some effort, since it's welded after all.

Overall, you're going on a great start and I'm quite interested to follow your updates already (Bonus points for using real car ads for that extra realism). Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to more of your petrolhead adventures ;)
Thank you :D
Being a car enthusiast/petrolhead in Norway can be though sometimes.. But still, we got some really cool cars and project going on all around!
"Lånkebanen" "Rallycross in Hell" is just about an hour of driving from where i live :D Been at Gatebil's main event at Rudskogen three times, one of the best events i have ever been at. All the awesome cars, both for show and action.. The party's and the atmosphere aound the whole event is just amazing, defiantly worth the trip :D

I'm glad you like the start of my RP (were actually planning this for some time so it could be as realistic as possible :P )
I think that for a 23 y/r old car, its not to bad, only thing that concern me is the welded diff.. why not just buy something that actually works without ruining the car. But don't look like it has been running the welded diff for to long, no twisted parts or bad bushings :)
Niatross wrote:
12 Apr 2020 11:47
Welcome to the forums!
S14 is definitely a very formidable choice for first car (my first was an S14 silvia too!)
Stoked to see what u do with it
Thank you! :D
Looks and feels like the S14 is a decent car, and doesn't seem to bad working on :D
Wickedz!
Associate

WELCOME MY BOI! , a s14 as ur first car? , for me is a exelente choice, i have one ... well full hotboi uras gt replica , but is a s14 , is the perfect car to have style and fun , keep up the good work! , i want to see wat u do on that beauty
HOT BOI 4 LIFE

Nightkid
Gangster

Aye welcome on the forums M8 ! Congrats on your purchase , i have to say
, that it´s quite nice looking S14 , keep it up ! :)
OleAasgaard
Associate

Wickedz! wrote:
13 Apr 2020 04:54
WELCOME MY BOI! , a s14 as ur first car? , for me is a exelente choice, i have one ... well full hotboi uras gt replica , but is a s14 , is the perfect car to have style and fun , keep up the good work! , i want to see wat u do on that beauty
Well.. its not my first car, but my first real project. Had a couple of old Volvo`s before, but wanted to try something new :P
Nightkid wrote:
13 Apr 2020 08:46
Aye welcome on the forums M8 ! Congrats on your purchase , i have to say
, that it´s quite nice looking S14 , keep it up ! :)
Thank you :D
I`m glad you like my project, updates will come in a day or two :D
Roleplay
OleAasgaard
Associate

TEASER

Finances:
8000V$
Weekly Paycheck: +375V$
Total: 8375V$
Roleplay
mastro
Associate

oh nice wheels! :D
OleAasgaard
Associate

Update

Did some work on the S14 :D

Service on the SR20DET (oil, oilfilter, airfilter, fuelfilter and sparkplugs)
New temp sensor

Not sure if the service were actually necessary, but rather safe than sorry :p
The engine runs great, and after changing the temp sensor its not that hard to get it started when warm.

And then for the big one..

COILOVERS :D

Bought and mounted a set of H&R Coilovers, because i'm scared of heights xD or.. not really, but it defiantly needed some lowering :p
Looks awesome, and handles a lot better now :D

Adjustable 30-60mm in the front and 30-50mm in the back, should be around 50mm in the front now and 45mm in the back.. I think i like how it sits right now, not to low but low enough to scrape almost everywhere :lol:

The rims is borrowed from a buddy if mine, just for checking offset etc.. Found a few different set of rims i like, but its hard to decide :p

Finances:
Total 8375V$
Coilovers: -1100V$ incl. shipping
Servicekit and temp sensor: -85V$ incl. shipping
New Total: 7190V$
Roleplay
BigSmoke
Hitman

Well better safe than sorry indeed, gotta make the engine stay healthy after all :D Ride height is top notch for me, not too low and fits quite well. As for the wheel, the Meisters will fit just about everything, so keep it that way :D Although if you have another ideas you can go with it instead

Visit my RP HERE!
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

Of course, servicing are kept engine clean and healthy, even more exoensive service parts (likes, oil fliter, etc) meaning better reliable.
I like Meisters wheel, but it would be lovely go to wider bodies with that wheel.
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
OleAasgaard
Associate

UPDATE

Not much done on the S14, 24 hours a day is not enough some weeks :!:

But i managed to get some small tings done at least..
Been looking for some wheels for the S14 a while now, and decided to go with something different :lol:

Since i'm a Volvo guy deep inside, i wanted to try out some very popular wheels for the 2/7/9-series Volvo's!
I believe @mastro is going to be a little exited over this :P I got my hands on some Ocean MK18 18x8,5" wheels, used ofc.. but in good shape
The bolt pattern don't fit, so i had to re drill the holes on the wheels and use bolts with loose washers.
bought the wheels without tires, so i had to buy some tires as well..

I also got a little bored about the black Valve Cover.. And just for fun, i asked my girlfriend what color i should paint it :p So now its pink :lol: Also did the calipers, while i had the car on stands waiting for its new wheels :D

Not much, but at least its something. planning some interior upgrades and some more power in the future

Finances:
Total: 7190V$
Weekly Paycheck: +415V$
4x Ocean MK18: -610V$
4x Dunlop: -415V$
Paint: -50V$
New total: 6530V$
Roleplay
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO ay these are some nice wheels and uwu pink valve cover looks good :P
► Show Spoiler
mastro
Associate

haha nice! Mk on a s14, wasnt expecting that :lol: turbobrick next? ;)
OleAasgaard
Associate

NotPerfect wrote:
24 Apr 2020 16:43
OwO ay these are some nice wheels and uwu pink valve cover looks good :P
Actually think they fits the cars well :p And for the pink valve cover and calipers.. not to bad :D
mastro wrote:
24 Apr 2020 16:44
haha nice! Mk on a s14, wasnt expecting that :lol: turbobrick next? ;)
In a world full of people running the same rims on the same cars, why not ve a little different? :lol:
Maybe not a turbobrick, but a brick thats for sure :D got something planned ;)
Roleplay
BigSmoke
Hitman

Those Oceans fit quite well on the S14, well done! :D Yeah go grab some interior mods, make your car as comfy as your own home ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
OleAasgaard
Associate

BigSmoke wrote:
25 Apr 2020 07:45
Those Oceans fit quite well on the S14, well done! :D Yeah go grab some interior mods, make your car as comfy as your own home ;)
It's nice to try something different, and these wheels ain't to expensive luckily :D
Been looking at some Recaro seats, would be nice to take the car to the track when i'm "done", and be able to do some hard corners without sliding all over the place :lol:
Roleplay
OleAasgaard
Associate

Quick update

Since i'm a Volvo guy, the temptation got to big and i had to get myself a Volvo project
Got a tip on this 1991 Volvo 940GLT by a friend of mine who works as a tow truck driver, when picking up a car he saw this one standing in the driveway and asked the owner if he could sell it.. The car had been sitting there for almost two years, because he had blew'n the engine and did not have the knowledge to get it back together. He already removed the engine and gearbox, but that's where it all stopped.

I contacted the guy yesterday, and desided to go take a look at it. Looks good for the age, some small parking dents and scratches but it's a 29 year old car..
Since it's a GLT, it means it was delivered with a 2.3L 16V engine (Ca. 136hp)
The original engine were already thrown away, the gearbox is in the trunk. So a new engine is needed, not to bad since a redblock is pretty easy to find around here.

Ended up buying the car, the seller asked fro 10k NOK (ca. 950V$) which is a pretty decent price for a 940GLT.

Got some plans for this one as well, but some necessary work is needed before this one is up and running.

Pic's of the wonderful machine <3

You might wonder if its lowered?... the answer is NO :lol: It's just the stock suspension that is very tired :P
Will be ordering new springs and shocks soon, might go for some coilovers in the front.. Have to decide how much money i want to use on this one before the S14 is done :P

S14

Got some good stuff going on with the S14 as well, something that will bring some more power to the wheels :D
Will do an update later..

Finances:
Total: 6530V$
Volvo 940GLT: -950V$

New total: 5580V$
Roleplay
BigSmoke
Hitman

Yaaaaaay another one joining the Volvo gang! :D It's relatively clean and healthy apart from the suspensions and the missing engine. Should be a solid and comfortable daily, good luck restoring it! :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Sieklo
Gangster

WooW! Another Volvo on the forum! Body looks clean, but that suspension is looking f...ed :lol: Can't wait for more content on Volvo and S14
OleAasgaard
Associate

BigSmoke wrote:
26 Apr 2020 07:07
Yaaaaaay another one joining the Volvo gang! :D It's relatively clean and healthy apart from the suspensions and the missing engine. Should be a solid and comfortable daily, good luck restoring it! :D
Just had to get one :lol:
Will be a fun project, love to work on these cars :D relatively cheap parts and easy to find, the 16v Cylinder head might be the most expensive part to get :P
Sieklo wrote:
26 Apr 2020 10:51
WooW! Another Volvo on the forum! Body looks clean, but that suspension is looking f...ed :lol: Can't wait for more content on Volvo and S14
Suspension is really F***ed :lol: Can't wait to get some parts and start working on it :D
Roleplay
mastro
Associate

Oh nice :D Will be fun to see the progress on the brick :)