V$ Mastro's RP Builds.

mastro
Associate

Hi, I introduce myself.
My name is Mathias, im 25y/o & living in Sweden.
Recently decided to start a "budget" drift build and thought i would do a build thread for it.

A few weeks ago i manage to find this old Volvo turbo.
Nice condidtion, got some scratched in the paint but barley any rust.
Havent done anything to it yet except welding the diff.

Currently searching for bigger injectors, better flowing fuelpump, a standalone ECU and a bigger turbo if anyone have to sell :)
Also looking for a daily, been thinking bout getting a Lexus gs300 or something JDM.

Heres a few pics of it:
► Show Spoiler
FranklinAnderson
Gangster

TURBO BRICK IS HERE!
Welcome to VStanced boi! And what an interesting ride u got!
Really nice, and a clean one, this is a rare car really, not a lot of these cars are alive and that clean!
I'm really stoked to see what u will do with it.
Current Money : $41073

Roleplay info below...
► Show Spoiler
Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO ayyy welcome and damn an old volvo perfect! Can't wait to see some updates or smthg. If you want something jdm I've got 180sx with sr20de, hmu in dm's if you want it :P
► Show Spoiler
mastro
Associate

FranklinAnderson wrote:
04 Apr 2020 19:03
TURBO BRICK IS HERE!
Welcome to VStanced boi! And what an interesting ride u got!
Really nice, and a clean one, this is a rare car really, not a lot of these cars are alive and that clean!
I'm really stoked to see what u will do with it.
Thanks! Yhe, this can be intereseting :lol:
NotPerfect wrote:
04 Apr 2020 20:13
OwO ayyy welcome and damn an old volvo perfect! Can't wait to see some updates or smthg. If you want something jdm I've got 180sx with sr20de, hmu in dm's if you want it :P
Thanks! hm 180sx sound nice, ill dm you :)
Lagano
Gangster

Well what else than a Volvo could you get if you're in Sweden?! That was a good find, budget drift build sounds interesting too!
BigSmoke
Hitman

Aaaaah finally you've jumped to the RP scene as well, welcome my man! :D I always have soft spots for classic Volvos, they're quite awesome in their own ways. Particularly the 850 for their legendary runs on BTCC scene. I however always wondered how a 700 series would be like to drive, both as a daily and as a track car. As for daily, GS300 is a nice option since it's quite big, and @AThero had a GS400 and recently bought a GS300 so he migh tbe able to help you on tuning it.

If you're asking for my personal opinion though, I'd say get the X90, X100 or X110 bros (be it a Chaser, Cresta or Mark II, it's your pick). Or why not a Crown S170? They're quite affordable these days, particularly the Royal and Athlete models, and they're still looking luxurious enough to be driven and to be seen ;)
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
Sieklo
Gangster

Nice to see Volvo on the forums :D , engines are like Russian tank and they are esay to work on so it's a perfect choice for budget drift car heh
Mikee
Associate

Hello there! Nice Volvo!
I can say "buy Silvia S15" because it's japanese car, it has very good engine and a lot people call it "Drift Queen" for it handleability on the track!
my roleplay topic

my current cars:
► Show Spoiler
Nightkid
Gangster

What else could you expect from a swedish person other than a volvo ? I´m curious to see what you´re gonna do with , keep it up ! :)
mastro
Associate

Lagano wrote:
05 Apr 2020 00:00
Well what else than a Volvo could you get if you're in Sweden?! That was a good find, budget drift build sounds interesting too!
Nightkid wrote:
05 Apr 2020 13:43
What else could you expect from a swedish person other than a volvo ? I´m curious to see what you´re gonna do with , keep it up ! :)
Haha yhe, you have to own atleast one brick :lol:
BigSmoke wrote:
05 Apr 2020 06:15
Aaaaah finally you've jumped to the RP scene as well, welcome my man! :D I always have soft spots for classic Volvos, they're quite awesome in their own ways. Particularly the 850 for their legendary runs on BTCC scene. I however always wondered how a 700 series would be like to drive, both as a daily and as a track car. As for daily, GS300 is a nice option since it's quite big, and @AThero had a GS400 and recently bought a GS300 so he migh tbe able to help you on tuning it.

If you're asking for my personal opinion though, I'd say get the X90, X100 or X110 bros (be it a Chaser, Cresta or Mark II, it's your pick). Or why not a Crown S170? They're quite affordable these days, particularly the Royal and Athlete models, and they're still looking luxurious enough to be driven and to be seen ;)
X-chassis are nice but also very rare here. Would love to have one. Might try to get one in the future.
Thanks for the tip!
Sieklo wrote:
05 Apr 2020 13:20
Nice to see Volvo on the forums :D , engines are like Russian tank and they are esay to work on so it's a perfect choice for budget drift car heh
Thats true! They run forever almost :)

Mikee wrote:
05 Apr 2020 13:36
Hello there! Nice Volvo!
I can say "buy Silvia S15" because it's japanese car, it has very good engine and a lot people call it "Drift Queen" for it handleability on the track!
Hmm, yhe S15 are very nice cars. Been thinking bout getting a s-chassi.
mastro
Associate

Update:
So... i bought an S13 :lol:
Stock 180 with type x bodykit with a sr20de, missing some parts and need some work.
Not sure what to build of it but time will tell.
Right now im thinking hotboi stance stuff since the volvo will be a drifter but im not sure.
Its currently being shipped to Sweden. Will be here in a few weeks so i got some time to think bout that.
I will keep you updated when the s13 gets here.
Thanks @NotPerfect

Back to the Lolvo :P
Went on a shoppingspree this weekend.
Been looking around localy after some parts and found a guy that sold coilovers for the front and a set of adapters for more steering angel.
Not sure how much more angel but its more then enough.
Also found a set of 18" rims. They got some scratches and the tyres arent much left of.
Went to the garage after work today and mounted the coilovers and steering adapters.
Test fitted the new rims at the same time.
Needed to do some fender work in the front, still kinda scrape the tyre on bumps.
Stock suspension in the rear and coilovers almost on the lowest in the front. Can obv rais the front but whats the fun in that.
Since its a budget build and i could not stand the wheel gap in the rear :mrgreen: Decided to cut the rear spings abit...

Took abit to much :o
Had to cut and hammer some of the inner parts on the fender to clear the tyre.

Went on a test drive to see if theres any major rubbing issues.
Seems to be OK but the rear springs are way to soft. Need to some stiffer springs maybe.
Did some test drifting with the new steering lock, made a huge difference.
Cant wait to get some power in this car! :lol:
(Dont be fooled but the smoke, most of it is dust from the gravel)
► Show Spoiler
BigSmoke
Hitman

Keep that 180 well-maintained and clean, will ya? Congrats on the purchase :D And looks like you've had a great time tuning and driving the Volvo. Budget upgrades might not be the best upgrade, but it's the best one to craft and install by yourself indeed. Looking forward to more actions with the Volvo! ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO ayy haha glad you're stoked for the rps hopefully it'll serve you good :P Also ayy first bolbo skids and cut springs i c you're going the dirty way lol
► Show Spoiler
Sieklo
Gangster

Damn, nice to see some work done to Volvo, which engine you have there? 2.0 or 2.3? Congrats on 180 purchase.
Nightkid
Gangster

Damn , the Volvo look really nice , great job !
mastro
Associate

BigSmoke wrote:
06 Apr 2020 17:23
Keep that 180 well-maintained and clean, will ya? Congrats on the purchase :D And looks like you've had a great time tuning and driving the Volvo. Budget upgrades might not be the best upgrade, but it's the best one to craft and install by yourself indeed. Looking forward to more actions with the Volvo! ;)
Yhe, the 180 will be clean and well-maintained :) Thanks! Yhe, budget stuff is a blast.
NotPerfect wrote:
06 Apr 2020 21:47
OwO ayy haha glad you're stoked for the rps hopefully it'll serve you good :P Also ayy first bolbo skids and cut springs i c you're going the dirty way lol
Cant wait to start building the 180 :D haha yhe :shock:
Sieklo wrote:
07 Apr 2020 13:12
Damn, nice to see some work done to Volvo, which engine you have there? 2.0 or 2.3? Congrats on 180 purchase.
Its a 2.3 :) Thanks!
Nightkid wrote:
08 Apr 2020 10:23
Damn , the Volvo look really nice , great job !
Thanks alot!
mastro
Associate

Ended last weekend with a woopsie during some streeto fun :lol:
Spun out and somehow smashed the front on the right side. Headlight took most of the damage.
Fender got real messed up but manage to bend it so i atleast could drive the car to the garage.

Got the car to the garage and took a closer look, the frame is ok!

Went to the junkyard with a friend to see if we could find some old volvo with a nice fender, front bumber and a right headlight.
No luck finding a 740. But i did find some Volvo 940's.
Decided to do a 940 font swap on the 740 since its almost bolt on.
Was able to grab everything i needed after alot of searching at the junkyard.
Everything almost fitted without much work. As i expected i had to do some hammering to fit the right headlight after the crash.

I Got some performance parts for the car, ordered them a few weeks ago.
4x 750cc injectors, in-tank DW200 fuelpump and a new fuelfilter.
Meanwhile i was mounting the 940 front my m8 swaped out the old fuelpump to the new one.
Gonna look around localy and see if anyone have a turbo & ecu to sell.
► Show Spoiler
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

Front end look wayy better!
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO nuuu not the volvo ;c but hey you got to do a free front end swap (i mean not free but yk) and got some engine upgrades uwu
► Show Spoiler
Wickedz!
Associate

WOW! , now looks killer!
HOT BOI 4 LIFE

Nightkid
Gangster

MMM i see i see , the volvo is getting some street action :)
BigSmoke
Hitman

Well it's a Volvo, it'll survive just about everything :lol: The 940 front swap is a wise and great choice, the car looks much better now :D Just be careful driving it next time, will ya? ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
OleAasgaard
Associate

Hey, great choice of car :D Always been into old Volvo`s, have had a couple myself :D Is that a 16v i see under the hood? Should get some power from that sucker :D The 940 front end swap looks great, to bad you crushed the USA headlights.. But atleast nothing serious got damaged 8-)

Keep up the good work :D
Petrolhead - Backcountry Sledder - Heavy Equipment Operator
Roleplay
mastro
Associate

SimplifyHerb wrote:
12 Apr 2020 20:46
Front end look wayy better!
Wickedz! wrote:
13 Apr 2020 04:44
WOW! , now looks killer!
Yhe the 940 front swap looks better :D
BigSmoke wrote:
13 Apr 2020 10:04
Well it's a Volvo, it'll survive just about everything :lol: The 940 front swap is a wise and great choice, the car looks much better now :D Just be careful driving it next time, will ya? ;)
haha true. Yhe its an improvement. Cant promise anything ;)
Nightkid wrote:
13 Apr 2020 08:48
MMM i see i see , the volvo is getting some street action :)
yhe ;)
OleAasgaard wrote:
13 Apr 2020 19:52
Hey, great choice of car :D Always been into old Volvo`s, have had a couple myself :D Is that a 16v i see under the hood? Should get some power from that sucker :D The 940 front end swap looks great, to bad you crushed the USA headlights.. But atleast nothing serious got damaged 8-)

Keep up the good work :D
Hi, thanks! Its just a 8v :) Yhe, could have sold the USA headlights x)
mastro
Associate

Busy week
Started the week with reciving some parts.
Garrett GT3076R, ECU Master standalone, exhaust-manifold and downpipe.
Also got a set of RB25 OEM injectors, not gonna use the on the volvo, might use then in the future on some other project.
Didnt take any photos, just wanted to get it done.

Got the new manifold and turbo mounted along with the downpipe.
Mounted the new 750cc injectors and started with the wiring of the ECU Master standalone.
Wiring have taken the most of the time, after some strugle it started up with the new ecu!
To get a better flow in the exhaust and match the 3" downpipe, im wokring on making the rest of the exhaust 3" aswell.
Seems that all dyno times are busy for the next 2 weeks. Might let my friend street-tune it, not sure yet, still have work left to do on the car.
The 180sx should arrive soon!

► Show Spoiler