V$ Side to Side Team Roleplay

Nightkid
Gangster

Ooop , i’m so sorry for your clutch , guess i was under a lot of stress and missed a gear on accident? But anyways , thank you so much for the TRD wing , it really means A LOT to me ! Also have fun with the Lan evo silvia , i can’t wait to see it ripping on the Wangan !
BigSmoke
Hitman

Aaaaah finally you've got your fav Merc after all. I have a feeling it'll stay in your garage for a looooong time :D And oh, thanks for the GoPro camera as well!
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
NotPerfect
Gangster

owo ayy more merc bois but damn a drift car? That's gonna be liitt, and the gift for nightkid uwu soo dope. Ahhh yes lan evo silvia damn stoked to see it come to one piece :P
► Show Spoiler
Benny
Associate

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
So on the 31st December 23:59 I get a phone call from @BigSmoke

E : "Hey Senpai, Happy New Year everything best in the upcoming year"
B : "Thanks kiddo, Happy New Year to you too, and also didn't I told you to stop calling me Senpai"
E : "Ehm, Sorry?"
B : "Don't worry kiddo just don't call it again hehe"
E : "Hey Beny, I heard that you don't celebrate new years? Is that true? "
B : "Yes Kiddo, I do not celebrate them, new, old they are all same to me just the number is different. Why you ask?"
E : "Well I had an idea since you don't celebrate, to get with @Lagano to my place tomorrow at 2pm, cause I know you will wake up late."
B : "Why is that??? You have something special in mind?"
E : "Kinda, I talked with the people at Tsukuba and managed to host you a coaching session tomorrow to teach you do time attacks, @Niatross and @RocketBunnyS13 will be there with their M4 and A5, you should bring the S2K since its a good car to learn with"
B : "Okay kiddo, I will be there tomorrow, just will need to drag Lagano out of the bed"

So 1st January 2020. sun rises up, and I wake up lagano who had sadly only 4 hours of sleep (He went to bed at 5 am woke him up at 10), had some coffee started the S2K and hit the road to Ibaraki!!!!
Weirdly this winter has no real snow yet which I am thankful for but the road conditions are far from perfect so still need to pay a lot of attention to everything.

So instead going to kiddos house from which we would depart immediately to the track, while he was waiting on us, we took a slight detour to Starbucks got us some more coffee and headed to Tsukuba without them.
After we arrived there Lagano waned to ring him and I told him to wait a bit. Once we got outside and started to enjoy the coffee I told him ring Yuan up now!!!

Z : "Hey Yuan, we are at Tsukuba just to let you know"
E : "Pffftttt....... You are where???"
Z : "Did you just spitted your tea?"
E : " Yes I did, where did you say that you are???"
Z : " At Tsukuba"
E : "The deal was to come to my place first"
Z : "I know but Beny is driving and you know his morning routine, he eats a pack of cigs with a cup of coffee"
E : "Ah yes, Beny as usual, he will kill him self with his morning routine. I am on my way there with @Niatross and @RocketBunnyS13 "

So after a while the squad had arrived at Tsukuba.

Bro hugs and fist bumps went on and on and on, and then even some more "Happy New Year" quotes but eventually that all stopped and we could talk about the plan for today!!!!

So Yuans idea of the coaching session was to get in my S2K with me as a passenger and show me the track, braking points, acceleration points, best racing lines etc since this is my first time doing a proper racing driving.
You might think that I am good at this but believe me I am definitely not, I am good at street racing in which I abuse my overpowered cars and opponents fear of oncoming vehicles, and many of you will say but in Yuans previous Tsukuba update, you kept up with his monster TA EVO III, yes I did keep up with him due to the power of my car, in corners he used to go away from me at least 2 or more secs but on the straight section I get to his bumper with ez, but now its time to learn to drive properly fast.....

So I told the guys, why don't AJ and Muza go have a blast couple laps each and then for me to do the training cause if I crash I will ruin the day for all so lets at least let somebody have some fun.

So Yuan brings the GoPro that I got him for Christmas and set it up on AJ and he went first in his Audi A4

And thanks to that GoPro we even have a video of him going around Tsukuba. AJ Achieved a lap time of 1:12.983 which was a fast lap considering that the car is a regular 2.0l Turbo.

Next on the line was Muza with his BMW M4 which gives us a lot of hope on some serious time attack.

As expected Muza didn't disappoint at all and here is the video to prove. He achieved a lap time of 1:07.835 which is really fast and his driving got me hyped up for my runs....

So while Muza was doing his hot lap, I talked with Ziga since I litteraly dragged him from his bed in to the S2K and he came as my passenger to go a hot lap in my S2K, before I did them.

So as you all know Lagano has some experience doing Time Attacks, and he knows my S2K rather well, a thing that was an advantage for him was the racing coilovers that we installed on to the car when we got it and with some tips from our teacher Yuan, lagano was on fire!!!!!
1st lap the S2K tried to kill him few times but he corrected the oversteer and he got a hang for the car and set a magnificent lap of 1:07.167 which if you are not a Tsukuba time attack fan don't know, a pro racer in a factory S2K set a lap time of 1:08 on this track!!!!!

After Lagano has finished his run, I pulled out my AUX cord, connected my phone to the S2K and used Whats-app and made a voice call with Yuan, cause we are amateurs we don't have proper radios for the communication hehe.
I took the GoPro from Lagano, got on my racing suite hop in the car and then comes Kiddo....

E : "Hey where do you think you are going?"
B : "Its time for my lap don't you remember?"
E : "Yea its your time for a hot lap but after we go for a training drive"
B : "Oh crap, I got over hyped and forgot about that. * Leaves the car and goes on to the passenger side*"
B : "Come on get in and lets go"

So after 4 training laps it was time to take my training wheels off and burn some ruber on that track......

So lap #1, I was so hyped and the adrenaline kicked in I was shaking like a little kid. Went of the line, had a lot of missed gears, or over revving and even a bunch of over steer which was not supposed to happens. In the low and mid speed corners I was fine but the problem arose in the last high speed corner, where going over 100km/h the rear end started sliding, and if you had to guess my underpants did change color at that point!!!! The first run was a solid 1 min 12 Sec, which was same as the experienced AJ's Audi A5 with a 2.0l engine. I was happy with the result, when Kiddo told me over the phone :
E : "Floor it now even more go for a 2nd lap, you did good in the first, don't brake in the middle of the corner and be gentle with the throttle at the exits and watch the braking markers on the side of the course, you can go a lot faster"
B : "You think so?"
E : "I know and now GOOOOOOOOO"

So I did , lap #2. The 2nd lap was a lot cleaner with less over steer, much preciser shifts and control over the car and that was proven by the lap time which was 1:10.028
That lap was something that should not have happened..... After that one I got much more confidence,actually I am lieing to you, I was way overconfident and so I told to Yuan

B : "Hey kiddo, this lap was good I could feel it, and I fell that I can do it one better so here I go"
Y : "That lap was awesome, improvement is visible, just please don't over do it I have a lot of faith in you"

So I went in to my last lap for today, even more precise shifts, racing lines and much much more control then in the second run which felt great, but then after I went trough the 6th corner which was after the big tire that I went under, I heard a weird noise but I kept going even more, pushing it way too hard. I did a way later braking in the second to last corner and slingshotted the car on to the straight leading to the last corner, yes the high speed one which I was afraid on the start but for which I didn't feel any fear at the moment...... And that is just the thing that Yuan warned me about and what I shouldn't have felt.....
I nailed a whole lot more speed then usual, I was at 175 km/h at the start of the last corner, for the first two moments it felt awesome going that fast trough the corner in which I almost slided out of the track in my first run but then the inevitable happened....... Suddenly the rear felt light and I could see the rear end in the rear view mirror getting closer and closer to the gravel so I instinctivly let off the throttle and started counter steering to try and control the slide and make minimum damage.....
I did ended up saving a lot, cause at the end instead my crashing in to the barriers and possibly to die, I only scraped the rear left quarter panel and detached the rear bumper on the left side........

Yuan was the first to rush to the car to check if I am okay but he was shocked from the sight.....
I was standing next to the parked S2K on gravel and smoking a cig like nothing happened. He starts to yell at me for that mistake but then he calms down and relaxes. He starts to apologies for yelling at me, and of course apologies taken, cause he was not yelling at me for the miss or crash, he was yelling cause I could have died there and now need to learn how to control my confidence but I am glad to have a pal like that.......

Here is the video of the fatal lap!!!!

No pics of the damage due to the stress and everything but Lagano and I will update you on it tomorrow cause we need to fix that damage due to the car beeing my daily and I can't drive it like that.

I would like to thank everyone that came and that helped Yuan to host this event. Yuans plan was a huge success, I got hooked up on time attacks and this wont be the last time you will see me do time attacks, I will be back soon, and possibly with the R33 as well....
Cars in RP:
1989 Nissan 240SX
1992 BMW 850i E31
2003 Mercedes Benz C230 W203
2008 Lamborghini Galarado Superleggera UGR
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
2012 Ferrari 458 Spider
2014 Audi A4 Allroad
2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Click here to go to my RP!
Make sure you visit our store as well, press on banner below!
Lagano
Gangster

A new decade

First of all happy new year to everyone, here's to as many fast and loud cars, burnouts, track days and any kind of good times as possible. Also thanks to @BigSmoke, @FranklinAnderson, @RocketBunnyS13, @Niatross, @topy and probably some more guys for an epic new year's eve! Few days before that, however, we had a huge track day on Tsukuba with all their rides. I'll be short on that as some of them already described it perfectly in their RP threads.

When Benny and i got to Tsukuba, i met with Yuan and Marc before going on the track for another Evolution meetup of ours - almost the same as last time at the Burger King, but now Marc brought his number 1 ride, the Evo 10.

I was glad to see his monster again, so nicely put together with insane performance. Truly remarkable for a street car!

TE37s fit so well even on modern cars like this Evo, they make it look ready for the track but not only it looks like that, Marc proved that it was indeed ready later on!

On the other side there was an older Evo than mine - @BigSmoke's Evo 3, aka Silver Queen, probably a famous contender on Tsukuba's time attack events!

I like the RalliArt sticker there - Mitsubishi's motorsports division, showing that his Evo 3 is used for just that. Well, as the name tells the Evos were mostly built as rally cars but they're just fine for track racing too, they're very versatile cars and many are modified into insane time attack beasts but he's staying in the street car class.

Meanwhile my Evo 6 is bone stock! Sure, the Tommi Makinen edition has some upgrades, it handles really well on the track but i might throw on some small mods to match the Evo 5 Yuan is currently building up to replace his Evo 3. I'll be keeping my eyes on his build for sure!

Then again, Marc's Evo 10 is a whole different story. Still a street car though!

It was just wonderful to get our Evos together again, each one is from a different era and has different kind of mods, or none yet in my case. After this it was time to hit the track! I think i've only driven on Tsukuba once until now but i know the track really well regardless, thanks to Gran Turismo i memorized every corner! :lol: We also tried each other's Evos, it was really fun! I was pretty impressed by the Evo 3, looking stock but with 450hp under the hood it was quite a difference to my Evo 6!

I tried out Muza's M4 before it even landed to Japan but this time i was way more focused on cornering, and that was better to do with the KW coilovers he installed! It's cool that you can set them up in the car just like the OEM suspension, kinda obvious too since KW suspension is used by many BMW race cars and therefore really well developed for them.

Franklin's Supra is an absolute beast but i let the test drive part to Smoke, i didn't feel like throwing around all those 1400 horses around a relatively tight track. Not the right kind of car for it but it was still worth admiring, after all you don't see a Supra on a racetrack that often! Instead i took Benny's S2000 for a few laps, that was way more fitting for Tsukuba. Although it was very tail happy, it handled beautifully with balanced and predictable drifts, just like a proper RWD sports car should. Unfortunately Ben had a minor crash in the last corner later on, the left side suffered some damage but it doesn't look like much of a problem to fix, the other guys were going crazy from panic but we calmed them down eventually lol.

With the last track day of the decade complete, we headed to the Kami-Sama garage in Tokyo to await the new one. As the usual new year's party, we had a whole lotta food, whole lotta fun and maybe a little too many drinks. :? The star of the show that day though was this GTR here, gifted to Muza by the boys. He had absolutely no idea what hit him! :lol:

That's all from my side, the last few days of the year were so awesome but i didn't really tell you everything about what happened due to various things like one too many drinks as mentioned before. Well Smoke, Niatross and Franklin wrote some more about it earlier anyway so make sure to check that out. After getting back to Fukushima the first wrenching this year has already commenced, i'll try to update you all about that soon. Peace out and happy new year again ;)
FranklinAnderson
Gangster

This year was a whole experience for all of us
What a way to spend 365 days, knowing u boys, doin some crazy shit
Track days, gifts, builds, races, etc.
Incredible! Hopefully this 2020 goes as great, but with MOAR POWAR BABEEEEEEE
Current Money : $41073

Roleplay info below...
► Show Spoiler
Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)
Niatross
Gangster

Just as Franklin said, 2019 was indeed a rollercoaster ride
And likewise, i hope 2020 is just as good, if not better!

We seem to have started it off right too with the group tsukuba-sesh :D
And then theres the BCNR33, in which regard i indeed didnt have a CLUE as to what hit me :lol:
Lagano
Gangster

Domestics and imports

Hey wassup y'all, not much has changed in our garage this month but we're discussing future projects with Benny big time, so we'll post some more when we actually get the ideas going. Anyway, the R33 drift car got an OEM bodykit thanks to @Niatross, meanwhile he got my Bomex front bumper and found the rest of the bodykit later on. I wasn't really feeling it but i must say it looks gorgeous on his R33! But for now i'm alright with a stock looking drift car, i'll probably keep the OEM style and eventually get some nice wheels to make it look like the S14 i used to have before. Come to think of it, this particular bodykit looks pretty good already, especially with the optional lips all around! Getting one of those big aggressive bodykits to make it look like a 2000's D1GP competitor is surely tempting but i wanna drift this thing hard without too many worries like i did with the S14. Maybe it'll have a complete makeover some day though...

The exhaust seems a bit off because the previous rear bumper had a slightly different cutout but it still fits anyway. More importantly, however, it provides a pretty good soundtrack! It's a pretty much stock RB25 but whatever, sounds alright and goes alright!

And here's one car which i've totally forgot to tell you about - a good ol' Foxbody that @BigSmoke imported from USA last year! Started off as a regular LX Mustang with probably not even 100 horsepower, it got beefed up with a 4.6 Modular V8, making it a homemade GT, i guess. And with a muffler delete it makes all the right V8 noise. :D Apart from those two things it seems bone stock, therefore the handling's quite wonky but it feels nice to drive around, having plenty of Japanese cars in the States i needed some Americana in Japan as well. I didn't change a thing as of now, i could say it's my daily since it's currently the only car i have with shaken and registration, fortunately Yuan sorted that out as soon as he brought it here. I wonder how he sold it after a relatively short time... well i guess he's focused on the S15 and Evo 5 projects for now, plus he's gathered quite an amount of cars as well. What i did, however, is putting the pressure washer that Ben bought recently to good use - together with some polishing i managed to get some of its shine back! The paintjob has seen better days but it looks pretty solid for its age now, it might even turn some heads! After all this gen of Mustangs was never originally sold in Japan, and i'd say it's a pretty underrated machine, having those muscle car characteristics but quite light weight! So it's something special for me to have this here, contrary to having a JDM car in USA where there's plenty of imports already. Still though, there are certain people in Japan that appreciate American cars, maybe not as many as American JDM fans but let's hope i meet some of them! :)
Wallet soon won't know what hit it

5 weekly paychecks: +V$5625
Mentions: +V$500 (thanks to @BigSmoke and @Niatross!)
R33 S2 bodykit: V$500
1993 Ford Mustang: V$5000
2006 Mercedes C230: V$2000
Remaining: V$30043
marcus915
Associate

you and Muza are gonna have two of the coolest R33 drift cars once you both finish your cars! I can't wait to see what you do with that mustang - may I suggest some Super Advans to go with the tri spoke look of the OEM wheels? Man its been so long - your adventures have been crazy.
hollywood's bleeding
c o o l d o w n
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO ayyy that track day on tsukuba had to be firee with all the cars in there and so many different builds competing. Then the evo gather daanngg you're straight up ballin. UwU boomex looks good so far now you need some wheels and suspension lol. OwO bigsmoke's mustang damn stoked to see what you're gonna do and yes mustangs are kind of uncommon in jp but they surely are rad cars :D
► Show Spoiler
Lagano
Gangster

marcus915 wrote:
27 Jan 2020 10:21
you and Muza are gonna have two of the coolest R33 drift cars once you both finish your cars! I can't wait to see what you do with that mustang - may I suggest some Super Advans to go with the tri spoke look of the OEM wheels? Man its been so long - your adventures have been crazy.
I guess so, my R33 is getting a makeover indeed then! Originally i just used it to drift around Ebisu, pretty much a missile but those parts you got me made me change my mind. I lowkey wanted to make it look good on the other hand, i guess i'll have to crack on with it sooner than i thought. Nice suggestion for the Mustang too, i'm not the biggest fan of 3 spoke wheels but they would give a cool retro vibe to it! Might as well try it if i come across a set for sale. The adventures are only getting crazier my man! ;)
NotPerfect wrote:
27 Jan 2020 11:51
OwO ayyy that track day on tsukuba had to be firee with all the cars in there and so many different builds competing. Then the evo gather daanngg you're straight up ballin. UwU boomex looks good so far now you need some wheels and suspension lol. OwO bigsmoke's mustang damn stoked to see what you're gonna do and yes mustangs are kind of uncommon in jp but they surely are rad cars :D
That track day was a blast indeed! The Bomex kit is now on @Niatross's R33 while he sold me the OEM bodykit he had before. But even that might change soon! Like you said though, suspension and wheels are something i should sort out first, together with some more performance improvements. And yeah, it feels good to have some muscle in Japan as well 8-)
BigSmoke
Hitman

The R33 looks much more timid now, but it also means that it's not more streetable and you don't have to worry about scraping the front bumpers anymore :D Now it only needs paint-matching and it'll look as good as new :D

And of course I'm glad that my Mustang went to the right set of hands ;) And I'm glad I alredy have it sha-ken tested and registered, as you can see it can be used right away with no problems :D Yeah the Mustang is in the back of my looooooong train of projects, and of course the S15 and Evo V needs to be finished quickly to prepare for the new time attack season. If I had the money and time, I'd like to turn it into a dragster or perhaps another time attack car. But you see, American cars are a rare thing here, let alone one that is turned into a racecar (aside from Dajiban vans that is). Trust (yes, THAT Trust) had a Firebird Trans Am, Several big tuner house has Corvettes, including the famous WEST C4 that you might know, and of course there's the mythical Garry Mitsunaga's De Tomaso Pantera. But then again that's ages ago, though there are several Corvettes still surviving and running today.

Speaking about American racecars, of course there are quite a lot of USDM car enthusiast here, be it the lowrider fans, drag racing enthusiast or the VIP/Bippu boys and men. That's right, the VIP/Bippu culture took some cues from American and European luxury cars, mainly those that appear in medias like DUB Magazine and such. As one of the forum commentaries I've read said, it's amusing how Americans want to be like Japan (by popularizing the 2000s and 2010s JDM tuning culture, including the use of big body kits, extreme level of cambers and hotboi-style builds), whereas the Japanese wants to be like America (by creating VIP culture, as well as bringing lowrider dan drag racing overseas).

These days in Japan, there are still some drag racing events being held, but they tend to be very few and far between. And to make things worse, a lot of them are outside the Honshu island, which means you'll need a ferry transport just to race in any of them. With this caveat, the only place to do drag races here is the Twin Ring Motegi, the host of MotoGP and WTCC's Japanese round, as well as Super GT's annual final round. Races in Motegi are quite special, since there are some classes that is only open to either V8 engines or American cars. But then again there's another problem: Information in English is quite difficult to be found. So far I can only fetch this and this for you.

Visit my RP HERE!
Lagano
Gangster

Thanks @BigSmoke! Yeah, i've read some articles about muscle cars running on Japanese highways when they were relatively new to the scene, there's still some highway racing going on these days but definitely not as intense and with such exotic cars as back then. But the cars themselves are still around, i think i even saw that C4 pop up for sale once! And as in drag racing, i don't know about many events either so i'll stick to other builds here, the drag scene is big enough in USA anyway. I might go check out a race in Japan if i get the chance though!

Everyone's a winner

I've been examining my R33 lately, finding out its mods, problems etc. Having a look under the dashboard i found out it has a Nistune ECU, common choice for moderately tuned RB or SR engines. This Skyline has a stock RB25 but it likely has around 300hp with the ECU upgrade!

I was about to get the wheels off and check the suspension but right then i got a distraction from @marcus915, texting me about a R33 parts car he just bought! I've kept mine as it is and didn't plan to modify it much but this seemed like a great opportunity to grab some cool stuff for it, so needless to say i got ready to pay him a visit all the way down in Osaka. Turns out i was not the only one that hopped on that offer right away - @Niatross wanted some parts from it as well, having a R33 drift car himself. Fortunately there were no parts we both wanted! :lol:

It was the first time i drove the Hyundai for this long! It's very comfortable and practical, perfect for long trips and to carry all those parts from Marcus. However Ben found out that this car was meant to be exported sometime this year, so we can't really keep it for much longer, i guess. Oh well, there's plenty of choice for daily cars anyway.

As i got to his garage, Muza was already there with Marcus taking off the wheels, harnesses, one seat and steering wheel off that parts car. First i wanted most of the body parts, but then i thought i could just take the whole car since there must be many more useful parts on it, plus i could make into a drift missile since i'll try to keep that bodykit intact when i put it on my R33. :P Funny enough, we ended up putting the parts i wanted back on the car due to my sudden decision. Marcus bought it mainly for the modified RB25 that he will use for another project car. Another big part was a Project Mu big brake kit, we installed that on his GTR. So we all made one hell of a deal with the parts we needed, or even a rolling chassis in my case. I'm glad i drove the Hyundai so i was able to tow that thing back! This was also a good chance for us to meet up so it was a win-win situation indeed! :D

Getting it in our garage was a bit of a problem since Muza bought the steering wheel! :lol: I managed to turn with a pair of pliers just to get it on the lift though. The body looks good with a nice paintjob, big bodykit, Ganador mirrors, all nice and clean except for one thing...

The car had a major rear end collision from drifting, apparently, pretty much unrepairable to be road worthy again but the suspension still seems intact. It's alright for drift practice!

I dig these headlights, the eyelids flow with the hood perfectly! I hope they still work though so i can just swap the stock headlights for these on my R33.

It also had a ducktail but it got cracked from the crash, hopefully i can fix it cause it would look pretty nice filling the gap on the trunk. Ben's S2000 there, on the other hand, is all fixed up and looking fresh, it's on stockies for now cause the wheels needed a refurbishment too.

The best part was underneath - 326power coilovers! I've heard these are perfect for either lowering your car to the ground or drifting. Quality like that doesn't come cheap but it did with this car, like i said before we all got a great deal by parting this out! It also has extended knuckles and an LSD, so the usual drift mods. That's going on the other R33 to make it a proper drift car!

I test fitted the bodykit and tried to get an idea for a livery, but i should install the coilovers and get some nice wheels first to get a better sight of the overall looks.

Obviously the parts car's rear bumper was gone but i had a perfectly fitting one in the garage, it was on the R33 before Muza sold me the OEM kit. I didn't think it would be back on the car cause it's a bit beaten up but it'll do, the whole bodykit could use some fixing if i wanted to respray the car anyway. I might try on the slightly wider fenders but those need some work too, they're quite chewed up from the big wheels it used to have. I didn't see this whole project coming but i can't wait to build up both cars! However they might have to wait because of those future projects i mentioned in the last update, Ben found some epic deals for a few cars we were looking for in USA so it's time to head back there for a while!
stonks

Mentions: +V$250 (thanks to @marcus915 for the great deal!)
R33 parts: V$900
R33 rolling shell: V$1000
Fuel and snacks: V$89
Remaining: V$28304
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO ayy damn 300hp for the sky i guess you won't just stop there but then the 33 donor. Daamnn got some good parts on yours now that's sick af
► Show Spoiler
marcus915
Associate

im glad you enjoy the parts car! i hope it serves you more good, thanks for getting it out of my garage so I can afford the space for other projects hahaha
hollywood's bleeding
c o o l d o w n
BigSmoke
Hitman

Yeah parting out a car is always an exciting stuff, and that's quite some gems you've got from the R33! :D But what are you going to do with the shell though, since you've taken almost everything off it? Though I think US isn't as strict now as Japan when it comes to missile cars............

Visit my RP HERE!
dariws
Associate

Looking good man.I'm curious too see your wheel choice.
BMW E39 530i ● M54B30 231HP ● 2003
BMW E36 328i ● M52B28 193BHP ● 1997
Lagano
Gangster

NotPerfect wrote:
02 Feb 2020 10:57
OwO ayy damn 300hp for the sky i guess you won't just stop there but then the 33 donor. Daamnn got some good parts on yours now that's sick af
300hp is pretty solid power to throw it around the track! Yeah that parts car has so much epic stuff, shoutout to Marcus again for passing it to me!
marcus915 wrote:
02 Feb 2020 22:40
im glad you enjoy the parts car! i hope it serves you more good, thanks for getting it out of my garage so I can afford the space for other projects hahaha
Thanks bro, of course i do! Hopefully i'll make it useful as well despite the damage, and i might be getting that very same problem in the garage now :?
BigSmoke wrote:
02 Feb 2020 23:32
Yeah parting out a car is always an exciting stuff, and that's quite some gems you've got from the R33! :D But what are you going to do with the shell though, since you've taken almost everything off it? Though I think US isn't as strict now as Japan when it comes to missile cars............
Definitely exciting when you get so much good stuff from it! I'll throw on the stock parts from the other R33 and get some cheap engine just to make it run and drift the hell out of it :lol: however the body will probably need some more fixing to be allowed on the tracks.
dariws wrote:
03 Feb 2020 21:12
Looking good man.I'm curious too see your wheel choice.
Thanks yo! I'll see about the wheels, first i just check out what's laying around in the garage that might fit :lol:
Lagano
Gangster

A good time to work...

...but a bad time to drift.

More about that soon-ish. And don't worry, @RocketBunnyS13 has fixed the BRZ by now :)
Lagano
Gangster

Winter wonderland

5th Feb 2020
I called up Muza (@Niatross) and Marc (@topy) to drop by our garage that day cause they had a couple of engines for me - Marc sold me a 351 Ford Windsor V8 from his '67 Mustang project and Muza offered to trade the RB26 Ben bought for the transmission to use on the S14 for an LS2 from his RX7. He absolutely hated to see that in his car which is understandable due to all the LS swapped RX7s in America. Aside from that, we both said i could make better use of it and that he could make better use of the RB26, obvious since he's working at the Nismo Omori Factory!

Once the Windsor is in the Mustang it will have some proper muscle, apparently 450HP! Then the 4.6 Modular won't really have a purpose so it might as well go into the red R33 :lol:

Before the boys had arrived i got the 326power coilovers and some other small suspension mods from one R33 to the other. I also put on the wheels from my previous S14 and it slowly started to get that look i wanted! I just have to think about a paintjob now, i've been experimenting with some ideas but we'll see.

Rear wheels barely fit due to the deep dish! I might try to get some camber to tuck them in or just run different wheels, most drift cars have mismatched wheels anyway.

Fitment could still use a few more adjustments but it turned out pretty well for now! The ride height seems on point though, just enough to fit 18" wheels but not scrape the bodykit. :P

A few moments later there was some loud V8 rumble coming in, that turned out to be @BigSmoke in the Silverado! It's good to see this beast doing its job over in Japan too, after we handed it over to him when he visited us in USA. But that was not all, @RocketBunnyS13 and @marcus915 also came along! That's because the arrangement with Muza and Marc somehow turned into a snowy drift session on Ebisu. :lol: Well what can i say, when we work we gotta have some fun as well! That meant the work we intended to do was a little delayed but there was a problem, i had scheduled a flight back to USA pretty soon so time ran out for me. So i asked Yuan if he could complete the Foxbody's engine swap since he has some experience working on it, in exchange he's getting that AE86 rolling chassis that's been chilling next to my R33 ever since we bought it and the garage itself. Neither me and Ben didn't have any solid build plans so it just didn't work out.

Those deep dish SSR wheels were super wide in the rear so i put the stockies back on, also for better drifts hehe. It got really slippy though - February is often the coldest month in the year which means there was plenty of snow! Fortunately the roads to get to Ebisu were plowed so we had no problem getting there.

I still couldn't resist a few drifts on the way though.

Meanwhile the track still had snow on it, we barely got our cars there! We stuck to the Touge circuit because the road to the other ones has some uphill parts which we probably wouldn't get through with RWD cars. :lol: It's also better to drive on snow, being a pretty slow and small track, for example Minami would be much more difficult to pull off, as you can see here.

Not many people on the track, just a few locals with their winter beaters, mainly naturally aspirated Silvias cause you need pretty much no power to get the wheels spinning on snow.

And then there's me and the boys. Muza brought his latest addition, a Silvia Spec R, while AJ turned up in his BRZ! Even if those are relatively new there's still a lot of them used for drifting, well AJ's is pretty much stock but it's still quite ballsy to take one drifting in these conditions. Props to the boys for coming here!

About 15 years of difference but still similar looks - bronze wheels, OEM+ bodykit and some nice lowering!

Off to the track we go! It was hard to gather some speed but like they say, beginning is the hardest. This was also my first time drifting on snow - well, actually drifting in a place intended for that, i've drifted on some snowy backroads way back before i even got my driver's license but that didn't count. :P As expected, it was very slippery but still not too hard to control the car, slowly but surely. It's like drifting in slow motion but you have to be extra careful with the entry speed cause if you're too fast, there's nothing more you can do. We still managed to pull off a few tandems!

Marcus was slightly late to the party with his Hyundai but he drove all the way down from Osaka, understandable with all the snow across the country. He didn't drift that much cause it's his daily but he handled it perfectly! He's built so many drift cars that he can drift anything like a pro at this point.

We were barely going on the uphill parts of the track but that made going back down more fun! We were going so slow that it was kinda hilarious at some moments.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bang

Yeah, we overcooked this corner a bit. Before the hairpin me and AJ landed into there's a corner kinda going across a hill which made us lose even that last tiny bit of grip we had and therefore we spun out one after another, and if you spin out in snow you either get stuck or it takes forever to turn around and drive off due to all the wheelspin. In which case, my R33 plowed straight into the BRZ, leaving quite a mark on his front and my rear end. Fortunately Muza went quite easy on that corner so he was able to stop in time. There was quite a mess on the track, Muza seemed like he was about to panic but calmed down when he'd seen both of us unscathed.

Eventually we shrugged it off - shit happens, like that sticker on the BRZ says. :lol: Despite the slow drifting it was quite a hard hit but at least both cars were alright mechanically. There might've been one difference though, AJ's car probably got a whole bunch of warning lights and whatnot while mine had no idea that anything even happened. :lol: That's why i stick to old cars, i guess.

Fortunately Ebisu is well prepared for any kinds of incidents, the rescue car arrived with a few tools so we kinda fixed our cars, also with some ol' reliable zipties haha. My rear bumper (so also AJ's front) broke into a million pieces so we didn't bother putting that back on, we were good enough to head back home anyway.

Well that was another epic drift day with the boys! The day after it i prepared to head out to USA while @Benny said he's going somewhere in Europe. I wonder what he found there, i guess i'll have to see about that. Anyway, i'm over here in Oklahoma as we speak, and this time @Nightkid also came along, we were both looking to grab a new car or three.
I'll try to update you guys about that ASAP!
Will it survive?

2 weekly paychecks: +V$2250
Mentions: +V$500 (thanks to @Niatross and @Nightkid!)
Ebisu circuit entry: V$40
Ford Windsor 351 V8: V$7000
Fuel and snacks: V$93
Remaining: V$23921
NotPerfect
Gangster

Ayyy damn i can't wait for the foxy to be ready and ah the 33 getting spicy just needs fitment yes. UwU snow drifting ah yes i guess i need to get my 36 on it as well. Ah snow tandems with de bois yeess, unlucky that AJ spun and rekt his new bumper + headlight, at least he's okay :P
alex876
Gangster

Hope the brz will be coming back soon!
ROLEPLAY
Nightkid
Gangster

Damn , that was a hard hit ! Thank god , that AJ´s ZC6 is now fixed lmao . Also yes very epic car hunting in the US with u :))))))))))))))))
BigSmoke
Hitman

Wew I'm glad my Mustang has given more power, I know I've sold it to the right man! ;) While a Modular in an R33 is quite an unorthodox choice, I'm sure it's a perfect fit for a missile build since the Modular is a bulletproof engine. As for the LS2.....not sure what are you going to do with it, but I can't wait :D

Drifitng in the snow sounds quite fun and hilarious, if only I can join you guys in the Mark II. All I can think when I hear about snow drifting is this:
I guess my Mark II would be literally destroyed there, since it's heavy and has quite high power. Though that's also exactly why I would bring my drift missile, so I won't worry much about destroyed parts. But eh, at least you and AJ can afford new parts after all, while as for me.......I'm not sure :lol:

Have a good time guiding Domi through the land of the free! :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Niatross
Gangster

Skid-sesh in the snow was rly quite fun i must say! The S15 with the VVL SR felt just right (Maybe needs some handling tweaks but overall). Kinda jelly of AJ tho since he's the only one among us who had working AC and Heat while we shivered :lol:
Also about yalls little mishap, yeah i almost kinda freaked out bc it looked quite harsh from back. Initially was sure someone hurt themselves, but luckily no one was hurt so its all gucci, these things happen in drifting :D