Ok... hello guys, Diego is back.
It's just a small thing I've been doing in the last 2 days. I'm back on SLRR business (not full time like I was, have less time now ) and I feel the need of doind a "fresh install" of the game again. From Zero, nothing, clean... So, I did it.
I have permission for most part of the stuff I've put into. I only use quality stuff from people that I have contact, that are friends and well known guys that I know will not bitch around because I've put their mods on this cool thing I'm doing...
(but if you found stuff that is yours and feel your panties going on your ass and its annoying, tell me and I remove. The mod, not your panties...)
This is a very clean SLRRMWM install, with the most important mods for everyone to start with their games...its very nice for people that uses a lot of mods and are screwing their games every week (LOOOL) And for our loud and lovelly n00bs. Call it a "starter kit". I will call it STAGE 1 and it has:
- MWM Beta Complete
- MWM Resolution changer (It's pre-configured to 1280x720 windowed, you configure to your taste...)
- rolts position scripts (not for everything, just some parts)
- a nice HUD (tbh, the best I've ever seen, sleek and elegant)
- some cool reflections (by Franco)
- HD Sky (from Albert I think, AWESOME Mod, I love it... everyone should have it.)
- evo_rgear (some old school mod that basically is a set of nice arms with nice camber)
- rally_suspension (the nice suspension from rolts with adjustable springs and shocks
- paintable brakes (from Franco... very clever mod)
- Daywhite's classic V6 and V10 engines
- The good old and brutal LamaPerformance V12
- All DSpeed Factory marvelous bits (lots of headcovers, recaros, steering wheels, bla bla bla you know )
- All Franco's awesome HQ RIMPACKS and some tires
- JAG's Rimpacks and awesome tires (All hail the good old JAG!)
- Painter mod with lots of cool colors
- New ROC racers, made purelly with stock SLRR stuff, so ROC is usable
And hell yeah, we got some maps:
- the infamous Nordschleife 2
- Tsukuba Circuit
- The Top Gear Test Track
- Shutokou Expressway C1
- A still unreleased bonus track by Nightrider and me, Interlagos!
- An AWESOME little thing I did on the CarMarket.java: if you want to play clean, without using cheats, now you earn some cash by buying and selling used cars! :) Don't try to be the smartass and buy new cars and sell them... on these you'll loose money, its only valid for used cars, so go play a bit of "Gearhead Garage", buy screwed stuff, repair them and sell them... its a simple system, the more value/fixes/equipment, the more you earn!
- Some Valo City optimizations by me (a TEST version of my "valo-fix", fixed the shadows on traffic cars and fake_racers, making it less often to crash when using a lot of highpoly cars... (and if you use GOOD QUALITY MODS... I'll give better instructions on that in the future)
I ask you guys, to download... test it and share your toughts in this topic. In the future I'll be adding cars and more stuff as soon as I COMPLETELLY TEST THEM and give them the 100% perfect seal of quality.
HOW DO I TEST STUFF? There's a basic routine that will let you know if your game is perfectly working:
- Enter the Options Menu, click: "DEBUG JAVA COMPILE ALL JAVAS", that will compile and verify all javas of the game. Thank Miran/Wichur for that. If it crashes there, go look at your error.log or remove the last mod you installed!
- Click Demo Mode, watch the AI race several times... a perfectly working game loads Valo in demo mode and all the mods you have without problems... if it crashes there, you got a problem.
- Start a new career, go to the used dealer, new dealer, catalog, Valo... race and test... test and race... repeat.
Ah, I don't use LE2MWM, if you use it, fell free to install it yourself over this compilation, and if you want we can put a link for this LE2MWM compilation too, but I will not be testing it...
And why I did this? To help the community! SLRR is a TOUGH game to start with and I think everyone must experience it as its best. If you think its a bad idea, GTFO and go suck a pickle... I only need constructive criticism.
AND REMEMBER: THIS IS NOT A MOD LIKE OUR LOVELLY SLRRFM3 MOD THAT ONE DAY WILL BE FINISHED, ITS JUST A COMPILATION I DID MYSELF FOR ME AND THE COMMUNITY.
DOWNLOAD LINK: CLICK IT!!! 640MB